Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What style of pizza and crust do you prefer?

Started by ChrissyRyan, January 20, 2019, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Dietlind on January 23, 2019, 11:21:06 AM
The Italian pizza is all you get in Europe. 

I disagree, Turkish pizza is pretty common in Germany and is a tasty alternative to the Italian and American take on the dish.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

DawnOday

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 23, 2019, 11:00:24 AM
Quote from: DawnOday on January 20, 2019, 08:48:22 PM
Italian
Actual pizza from Italy is a lot better then the pizza from the states. The closest I have found from the chains over here is Papa Johns Thin Crust. Now if I can find a decent mom and pop Italian food restaurant I would be a regular.

Mod Pizza 's thin crust custom made pizza is about as good as it gets in the States. The Mom and Pop shops of old were great but someone decided we needed fake cheese covered cardboard.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: DawnOday on January 23, 2019, 03:32:05 PMsomeone decided we needed fake cheese covered cardboard.

Tastes great, less filling, loads of fiber!  ;D
  •  

Jessica_K

Italian thin base pizza. Lots of independent Italian pizzerias and ristorantes in the UK as well as some good chains
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

ErinAscending

I make my own for me and the fam.

Super thin flatbread crispy crust, drizzled with olive oil and topped with slices of tomato and fresh mozzarella.  If we want meat on it I will tear apart some sweet Italian sausage and pre-cook it drain it and squeeze the excess fat out of it  and add after the pizza is done.
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. - Oscar Wilde
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on January 23, 2019, 01:43:12 PM
I disagree, Turkish pizza is pretty common in Germany and is a tasty alternative to the Italian and American take on the dish.
Turkish pizza seems to be a similar invention like the Döner, which is also not known in Turkey and mainly a German thing.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

sarahc

Thin, crisp crust, New Haven-style, with fresh tomatoes, light layer of cheese, onions, peppers and some fresh basil and garlic
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Dietlind on January 23, 2019, 06:05:56 PM
Turkish pizza seems to be a similar invention like the Döner, which is also not known in Turkey and mainly a German thing.

It seems to be an adaptation of pide.

Döner is the Turkish take on shawarma and it was something to be found in Turkey according to my old coworkers from Istanbul.  We all went to a kebap place since it was Halal and they gave me a bit of a cultural lesson on it.

But in any case I found Turkish pizza to be horrifyingly addictive much like Döner
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on January 23, 2019, 06:29:28 PM
It seems to be an adaptation of pide.

Döner is the Turkish take on shawarma and it was something to be found in Turkey according to my old coworkers from Istanbul.  We all went to a kebap place since it was Halal and they gave me a bit of a cultural lesson on it.

But in any case I found Turkish pizza to be horrifyingly addictive much like Döner
I have had only a very few Döners, because they were not 'invented " yet when I left Germany.  I have the impression the Döner took the place of the traditional German national dish, the Curry Wurst.
I have never tried a Turkish pizza, and have no clue what is different about it, in relation to the Italian version?

•  

Colleen_definitely

Flatbread, almost Lavash like but chewier as the crust.  The seasonings are most definitely middle eastern.  They often throw Döner on as a topping and it really is delicious.  As far as the topping load goes it's much closer to Italian pizza.

The last time I was in the Rhineland, about two years ago now, currywurst was still quite common and still amazing.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

I LIKE:
   Thin crust
   Italian or NY style pizza
   toppings... pepperoni, sausage, bell peppers, onions, black olives, mushrooms, and lots of sauce and cheese.

I DON'T LIKE:

Gluten free crust
   Deep dish
   Thick Crust
   ... so than means that deep dish Chicago pizza is out.
   Greek Pizza like is found in many parts of the New England states.
   toppings.... anchovies, artichoke

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 23, 2019, 07:15:02 PM
I LIKE:
   Thin crust
   Italian or NY style pizza
   toppings... pepperoni, sausage, bell peppers, onions, black olives, mushrooms, and lots of sauce and cheese.

I DON'T LIKE:

Gluten free crust
   Deep dish
   Thick Crust
   ... so than means that deep dish Chicago pizza is out.
   Greek Pizza like is found in many parts of the New England states.
   toppings.... anchovies, artichoke

"<insert town name here> House of Pizza" is code for a Greek pizza place in the Boston area.  ;D
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on January 23, 2019, 07:04:50 PM
Flatbread, almost Lavash like but chewier as the crust.  The seasonings are most definitely middle eastern.  They often throw Döner on as a topping and it really is delicious.  As far as the topping load goes it's much closer to Italian pizza.

The last time I was in the Rhineland, about two years ago now, currywurst was still quite common and still amazing.
Where were you in the Rhineland?  I was born and raised there, I am a real Rhinelander!
Once in a while, I make currywurst for my friends here, and all of them like it a lot.  Thanks to Amazon I can get the real curry ketchup from Germany, and Aldi has pretty Ok sausages from Germany for it.
Writing it, reminds me, it is pretty soon currywurst time again!

It seems that i have to try that Turkish pizza next time i am in Germany!

•  

Colleen_definitely

Karlsruhe and Ettlingen. My former employer was based out of there and I got to go a couple times. Fun place for sure.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on January 23, 2019, 09:43:45 PM
Karlsruhe and Ettlingen. My former employer was based out of there and I got to go a couple times. Fun place for sure.
I am from way up north along the Rhine river, north of Düsseldorf, close to where the Rhine runs into the Netherlands.

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: Dietlind on January 23, 2019, 11:37:11 PM
I am from way up north along the Rhine river, north of Düsseldorf, close to where the Rhine runs into the Netherlands.
My mother's ancestors on her Dad's lineage came from that area. Ortenaukreis? Something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Most pizzas are round, likely because the flour crust was often hand tossed to get stretched out.

When was the last time that you bought a whole square or rectangular pizza?  Other than at a school cafeteria, these shaped pizzas seem to be mostly for deep dish style pizzas.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Gertrude on January 24, 2019, 07:36:46 AM
My mother's ancestors on her Dad's lineage came from that area. Ortenaukreis? Something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The word Kreis means county, it is quite a few 100 miles south of where I am from.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ortenaukreis

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: Dietlind on January 24, 2019, 04:12:27 PM
The word Kreis means county, it is quite a few 100 miles south of where I am from.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ortenaukreis

yeah, it's still on the Rhine though, but they came here a long time ago. Last name is See, which mean Sea, I think. Johan Martin See, born in 1720.
  •