Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Hiking

Started by MeTony, March 10, 2019, 03:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylo

I did, it's a great feeling knowing that should you ever need it you can feed yourself from the sea. It's also very difficult to catch those big wrasse with a hand spear (not a speargun). The bigger the fish, the smarter it is, generally speaking. With a 6ft hand spear, you need to get within 7 or 8 feet of them while hiding or drifting so as not to look like a large deadly predator.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

MeTony

@Barbie. Beatutiful pictures!

@Kylo. I'm glad you are causious.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

The weather looks awesome this weekend, think we'll stay closer to sea level for our next outing (hiking the coastal forest).

Happy hiking all

C -
  •  

MeTony

Hiked 30 km in 24 hours with a map and a compass through forest and up and down hills and mountains last weekend. Half the time in pitch dark with a lamp on our head. It's still dark in the evening. We had to do tricky tests to get a letter and then put the letters in the right order to get a word. They who manage to guess the right word first wins.

I though my feet would give up before we started but they did not. I love my hiking boots.

Me and 10 scouts were out and tried to win the competition. We didn't but we were close.

•  

Dorit

I hike in the hills behind my house almost everyday.   This is Galilee, Israel at the end of the winter.   The hills are alive with the sound of wild flowers!
  •  

Kylo

@ kirsten

I did, my very first (big wrasse) got away though. Played dead for ages then wriggled away in a stray wave as I was holding it by the tail. Learned a few things since then, never underestimate the intelligence of a big fish. lol
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Kylo on April 04, 2019, 07:11:56 PM
@ kirsten

I did, my very first (big wrasse) got away though. Played dead for ages then wriggled away in a stray wave as I was holding it by the tail. Learned a few things since then, never underestimate the intelligence of a big fish. lol

I rekon the other fish Kylos Spearos Deadium is getting more cunning. As you say slow gliding movements and staying still pays dividens.
As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: MeTony on March 30, 2019, 11:52:26 PM
Hiked 30 km in 24 hours with a map and a compass through forest and up and down hills and mountains last weekend. Half the time in pitch dark with a lamp on our head. It's still dark in the evening. We had to do tricky tests to get a letter and then put the letters in the right order to get a word. They who manage to guess the right word first wins.

I though my feet would give up before we started but they did not. I love my hiking boots.

Me and 10 scouts were out and tried to win the competition. We didn't but we were close.

Hi Tony,

I love the experience of hiking in Sweden you describe here. It seems despite being a first world country, Sweden has much to offer in natural environment and forest. Looks beautiful on your post. After speaking with Swedish travelers in Australia Sweden is high on my to do list. You have such a gorgeous country!

Kirsten.
As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Very nice pictures all  :)

From our romp through the coastal forest of the Key Peninsula, WA last Saturday.

C -
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

A group of us are going hiking in the Southern Ozarks next week.  Anyone know if it's turning green down there yet?
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: CindyLouFromCO on April 05, 2019, 08:37:17 AM
A group of us are going hiking in the Southern Ozarks next week.  Anyone know if it's turning green down there yet?
LOL my wife and I are driving there from Colorado Sunday! Although we'll only stay in the Ozarks for a couple of days. I just looked at some webcams and it looks like it's right on the cusp. Some trees will likely be leafing out, but it's early. Enjoy!
If so, then why not?
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

Quote from: RandyL on April 05, 2019, 09:49:37 AM
LOL my wife and I are driving there from Colorado Sunday! Although we'll only stay in the Ozarks for a couple of days. I just looked at some webcams and it looks like it's right on the cusp. Some trees will likely be leafing out, but it's early. Enjoy!

Oh yay! Such a beautiful area.  I have not been there in over 15 years.  The "mountains" are not as high as Colorado but the forests are so dence and much greener.  The views are still breathtaking!  Beauty is relative 🙂.

Enjoy your trip!
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: MeTony on March 30, 2019, 11:52:26 PM

I like the feet up idea Tony at the end of the journey.....

It's like "Uff da"  :) :)

C -

•  

MeTony

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on April 05, 2019, 03:41:34 PM
I like the feet up idea Tony at the end of the journey.....

It's like "Uff da"  :) :)

C -

Haha. It feels great to have feet up after a looong walk. :)

Tony
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Hiking can be fun!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

Everything is turning green in the Ozarks.  We had a great hike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: CindyLouFromCO on April 15, 2019, 05:03:52 PM
Everything is turning green in the Ozarks.  We had a great hike!

How nice Cindy !

•  

MeTony

I love your picture Cindy!

Tony
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on April 15, 2019, 08:14:02 PM
How nice Cindy !
It was a beautiful day!

•  

CindyLouFromCO

Quote from: MeTony on April 15, 2019, 11:35:28 PM
I love your picture Cindy!

Tony
Thanks Tony!  It was a beautiful day!  It was soooo nice seeing green again!  This winter has dragged on and on!

•