Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What an unusual day!

Started by Linde, April 17, 2019, 05:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Here I was sitting waiting for the court of justice to send me the judgement on my name change, and nothing came.
I finally picked up the horn this morning and asked, when to expect it, because the lady the other day told me I can't pick it up, it needs to be mailed!
This morning I was told it was sitting there since April 3rd, waiting to be picked up by me! Well, I rushed to the curt house, and waited together with many other people until my number came up!  I went to the counter and got a pretty plain looking document spelling out that my dead name will be eliminated and my new name is legal! 
I had several copies made and notarized, and off I went across town to the social security office, to find out that they are open on Tuesdays and Thursdays only!  Well I will remain a guy for medical and whatever purposes for another day or so. 
And on I went to the office of the Tax Collector (those are the people in Florida who also do the DMV stuff), to get a new drivers license/ID.  The lady there had problems to get my new gender identifier in, because I had not done the Social Security thing yet.  Her supervisor got it done finally, and they also did my voter registration, car registrations, and everything they could do.  They were extremely helpful!
When the lady gave me my new license, she said with a smile, this woman on the picture looks way better than the guy did she replaces!

I have now officially a real dead name that is connected to a dead gender, and the existence of that guy gets slowly eliminated from the files!

And the vet found blood in the urine of my dog yesterday, and did send the blood work in, it turned out the girl has a UTI.  Is this a sign for things to come in this two lady household here?

I am currently feeling like dancing!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Tribble

2003-2004 -- Gradual transition -- I didn't correct pronouns and people basically settled on the right ones on their own.
late 2004 -- Orchiectomy.
Late 2015 -- Stupidly saw the political climate and spurned on by my husband's request for a divorce I detransitioned.
2019 -- Rebuilding my wardrobe so I can retransition.  Turns out I cain't bury my true self, after all.  I call these last few years my failed experiment.  At least I found my true feelings were real.
  •  

Linde

•  

ChrissyRyan

Linde,

Yay!  That is great news.  Congratulations girl!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 17, 2019, 05:39:13 PM
Linde,

Yay!  That is great news.  Congratulations girl!

Chrissy
Thank you, It  feels really great to be able to show everybody and their dog that I, indeed, am a woman!

Here is the new ID, fresh of the ID press!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on April 17, 2019, 05:03:45 PM
Here I was sitting waiting for the court of justice to send me the judgement on my name change, and nothing came.
I finally picked up the horn this morning and asked, when to expect it, because the lady the other day told me I can't pick it up, it needs to be mailed!
This morning I was told it was sitting there since April 3rd, waiting to be picked up by me! Well, I rushed to the curt house, and waited together with many other people until my number came up!  I went to the counter and got a pretty plain looking document spelling out that my dead name will be eliminated and my new name is legal! 
I had several copies made and notarized, and off I went across town to the social security office, to find out that they are open on Tuesdays and Thursdays only!  Well I will remain a guy for medical and whatever purposes for another day or so. 
And on I went to the office of the Tax Collector (those are the people in Florida who also do the DMV stuff), to get a new drivers license/ID.  The lady there had problems to get my new gender identifier in, because I had not done the Social Security thing yet.  Her supervisor got it done finally, and they also did my voter registration, car registrations, and everything they could do.  They were extremely helpful!
When the lady gave me my new license, she said with a smile, this woman on the picture looks way better than the guy did she replaces!

I have now officially a real dead name that is connected to a dead gender, and the existence of that guy gets slowly eliminated from the files!

And the vet found blood in the urine of my dog yesterday, and did send the blood work in, it turned out the girl has a UTI.  Is this a sign for things to come in this two lady household here?

I am currently feeling like dancing!

Linde,

Did you also get to go back to Costco to change your membership card?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 17, 2019, 06:53:07 PM

Linde,

Did you also get to go back to Costco to change your membership card?

Chrissy
I just did the credit part over the phone, the picture has to be taken in the store.  I'll do that next time when I am in the area.

In fact, I did spend most of my afternoon with calling around to get the changes done!

•  

TonyaW

Congratulations on the drivers license.
You got a decent picture even.  No way I'm showing mine. 

One thing to remember is just when you think you've updated your name in the last place you need to, something else will pop up for you to change.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: TonyaW on April 17, 2019, 09:38:39 PM
Congratulations on the drivers license.
You got a decent picture even.  No way I'm showing mine. 

One thing to remember is just when you think you've updated your name in the last place you need to, something else will pop up for you to change.

The DMV person did everything for my vehicles and trailers!  I did my CC's this afternoon, now I have to do the insurances, etc.  How does one do the credit report companies?

•  

TonyaW

I didn't do anything with credit reports. I think they eventually figure it out. I'd check their web pages, should dr least be able to find contact info if not specifics about name change.  It's not uncommon due to marriages.

Someone knows better than me I'm sure but I think that unless you are planning a major purchase you should be ok with not doing anything.

•  

Dani

As for credit cards, all my financial services are from one bank. Once I provided them with the copy of my court order everything was converted to my current name. I received the new bank cards and check blanks within a week.

Banks do this all the time for cis women who get married and change their last name. I just changed my first and middle name. That's all. Quick and easy.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Congratulations on the legal name change and everything else, it's the change that pays you back over and over again.

Very happy for you

Cynthia -
  •  

Linde

Today I am ready to tackle Social Security, and everything that depends on this like Medicare and my supplemental health insurance and pharmacy, etc.

Eventually, I will be able to wipe that guy off of the surface of this earth!  >:-)

•  

Ryuichi13

Congrats, Dietlind!  It feels amazing, doesn't it?

I had to change all of my cards either by calling them, or online.  Some (including Paypal) asked me for a pic of my court paperwork, which I attached to the email.   But once its done and everything is in your new name, it feels wonderful! 

And for the record, 2.5 years after my name change, I'm still realizing things I forgot to change over!  ADHD's terrible memory can be annoying at times.  :o Oog.  ;)

Ryuichi

•  

Colleen_definitely

Paypal actually fixed yours?  I went round and round with them for over a month before one of their call center drones told me to just delete my old account and start a new one.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

TonyaW

PayPal was no problem once I got the legal  paperwork. They wouldn't let me change to just my initials before that though.

•  

Colleen_definitely

I had all my paperwork and nobody could seem to figure out how to change my first name there.  Guess I just got the special treatment.  :D
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

Congratulations, you did it! And what a pretty picture on your drivers license!

HM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Which if you think about it, runs afoul of the unwritten "thou shalt have an awful photo on thine identification" rule.
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on April 18, 2019, 01:25:25 PM
Paypal actually fixed yours?  I went round and round with them for over a month before one of their call center drones told me to just delete my old account and start a new one.

I had to email them a copy of my DL and my court paperwork saying I got my name legally changed before they did, but yeah, they let me change mine.  I spoke to a supervisor beforehand, since the call center drone was clueless. 

I use mine quite often for relatively expensive BJDs (Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls), and their accessories so I was reluctant to open a new account.  Plus I've had mine for at least ten years. 

Sorry to hear that they forced you to open a new account, Colleen_definitely.  You'd think they would have a proper procedure to be able to change over to after a legal name change.   

Ryuichi

•