Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Faith's Progress 2.0

Started by Faith, April 29, 2019, 05:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

Speaking of weather (from Danielle's thread), it reminded me of this.

Wednesday after leaving the SS office we saw this:

I took it as an omen, a sign, call it what you will :)

It was actually bright & wide enough to start the color spectrum over again and, if you look close, you can see the second one above it .. my phone sucks as a camera.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

sarah1972

OMG!!! SQUEEEEEE!!!

This is AMAZING news! and you already did get the new license, with the correct name!! and even better a big "F" on it too. I am sooooo happy for you.

Ohh- Thanks for stopping by the hospital two weeks ago. It was so nice meeting you and Lori and I hope we can soon meet again.

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Faith on May 02, 2019, 03:43:42 PM
Quote from: randim on May 02, 2019, 10:27:24 AM
Why wouldn't they look at your hair Faith?  It's gorgeous. Congratulations on your name changes.

thank you, on both counts :)

Quote from: Donica on May 02, 2019, 01:46:14 PM
Nice to hear Faith and welcome home. Wow! Finally the car is fixed. Congratulations on your name change docs. I'm sure you both need rest after all that has happened. It feels good to be Faith Nicole doesn't it! SQUEEEYAY!!!

:)

Quote from: davina61 on May 02, 2019, 02:13:48 PM
Well done dear now you have joined the "correct" name club.

and now I have proof!!
**disclaimer: Information redacted to protect the not-so innocent.

•  

Faith

Quote from: sarah1972 on May 03, 2019, 11:16:42 AM
OMG!!! SQUEEEEEE!!!

This is AMAZING news! and you already did get the new license, with the correct name!! and even better a big "F" on it too. I am sooooo happy for you.

Thank you Sarah, not as big as your current happy steps yet still very big for me. I know that due to legalites you have to wait longer for your name .. that time will come!!

Ohh- Thanks for stopping by the hospital two weeks ago. It was so nice meeting you and Lori and I hope we can soon meet again.

Hugs,

Sarah
Absolutely. It was my pleasure to be able to swing in and not only see you, Jayne as well. We will plan to meet up again. It's not that far and we do need our vacation time  :)

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Dietlind on May 03, 2019, 09:19:53 AM
My old license picture could have fit into a horror picture show.  They either have better equipment now, or Faith and I are so unbeliebte beautiful that even bad equipment makes good pictures of us!  Who knows?

Oooo! I know! For you and Faith and my sweetie @sassycassie, the "unbelievably beautiful" reason applies. For me it was the "better equipment." The lady said, "you can smile if you want to." I wanted to!!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: steph2.0 on May 03, 2019, 12:18:54 PM
...  For me it was the "better equipment." ...
ah, but we know what the 'better equipment is' and it keeps getting better :D

The lady said, "you can smile if you want to." I wanted to!!
I was told the same thing, I didn't want to ruin it so I held back

•  

Anne Blake

Congratulations Faith, I know from personal experience, just how good it feels to get some official paperwork validating who you are. Well done girlfriend! BTW, in Colorado they don't allow you to smile...but if after five or more tries the smile is still there, you get it on the license. I tried not to smile but couldn't get rid of it.

Love and hugs for the two of you,
Tia Anne & Debi
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Dietlind on May 03, 2019, 09:44:10 AM
what they told me, it is not when you had a passport before.  I have a current dead name one, and that seems to be the only documentation they want to see as proof of citizenship for a new passport.

That was true for me. I only needed my old passport, my SS card, maybe my driver license, and the gender change letter from my doctor. My passport was long expired, too, but that was okay.

Now if you've never had a passport, the BC is probably required.

Having been born in Michigan, I can't get the gender changed on my BC until after I've had the surgery. You can bet that paperwork will be on the way in late September!!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Anne Blake

Quote from: steph2.0 on May 03, 2019, 12:46:50 PM
That was true for me. I only needed my old passport, my SS card, maybe my driver license, and the gender change letter from my doctor. My passport was long expired, too, but that was okay.

Now if you've never had a passport, the BC is probably required.

Having been born in Michigan, I can't get the gender changed on my BC until after I've had the surgery. You can bet that paperwork will be on the way in late September!!

Stephanie

Good luck and enjoy the changed and soon to be correct documentation. I believe that there are four states, my own Ohio in that quartet, that will not change birth certificates at all. Hopefully that will change sometime.....
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Anne Blake on May 03, 2019, 12:41:52 PM
Congratulations Faith, I know from personal experience, just how good it feels to get some official paperwork validating who you are. Well done girlfriend! BTW, in Colorado they don't allow you to smile...but if after five or more tries the smile is still there, you get it on the license. I tried not to smile but couldn't get rid of it.

Love and hugs for the two of you,
Tia Anne & Debi

I've been bouncy and happy all day. I showed my card to anyone who would look at it :)
I was smiling, I held back so as to not spoil the photo.

love and hugs back atcha!!
Faith and Lori / Lori and Faith

•  

Donica

Great DL pictures Faith and Steph! I like mine too. It's my first DL picture I've ever liked.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Faith

A while back Lori and I were out shopping. I came across a purse that I really liked. She told me to get it, so I did. Now, I like the purse, still, it seemed a bit plain.

For some time I've been looking at various pins. The downside was having the pin go with any outfit. Well now, the purse needed something and I needed a pin .. so .. here you have it.

**puppy purchased separately**

Today was support group day. It was ok. A few decent things brought up before the conversations went off track. What they did have was some people come in to do makeup. The gal really liked my hair  ;D she also liked the way I already had my makeup done. I told her to go ahead and try something a little different. This is the result

Yes, I'm tired. Still, I could overhear the 'pretty' and 'gorgeous' comments. I'm going to get an inflated ego if they keep that up.

I'm on my phone so that's an abbreviated rundown of today.

Oh, and the purse holds more .. you know, like extra emergency tissues.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on May 04, 2019, 05:33:58 PM

Today was support group day. It was ok. A few decent things brought up before the conversations went off track. What they did have was some people come in to do makeup. The gal really liked my hair  ;D she also liked the way I already had my makeup done. I told her to go ahead and try something a little different. This is the result

Yes, I'm tired. Still, I could overhear the 'pretty' and 'gorgeous' comments. I'm going to get an inflated ego if they keep that up.

Yes, you did look even great sitting in the chair while she was working on you!

They did enhance my makeup, too, and I went right away to Walgreen's, and had my passport pictures for the US and the German passport taken.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

JanePlain

I haven't been as active here but I wanted to say how happy I am to hear you are now in version 2.0!  Name changes etc all prove you are crushing it!  Congrats!
  •  

Faith

not so tired today, phew. I still feel like I could sleep all day though. I can see by the over-abundance of replies that no one wanted to comment on that photo, I don't blame you. I look drugged up and run over after a bad night out.

Birth Certificate
IDIOTS! .. I can't get a certified copy of my own birth certificate because my name doesn't match. Lori can request one for me .. I can't get my own .. SAY WHAT!!??!!

On the plus side, I found out that I don't need one to get my birth cert amended anyways, so that saves me about $100.
ON the down side, I need an original notarized DR letter. Mine are original, not notarized. I had to request new letters and now I'm waiting ... again.

Went for massages yesterday afternoon. Felt really really good. I don't think I've been called lady so many times in a day, much less in just the hour it took. I was in shorts, t-shirt, no make-up

That's it. You can move along now to more interesting topics. I'm sorry to have distracted you with my ramblings.

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Faith on May 06, 2019, 09:58:04 AM
Birth Certificate
IDIOTS! .. I can't get a certified copy of my own birth certificate because my name doesn't match. Lori can request one for me .. I can't get my own .. SAY WHAT!!??!!

On the plus side, I found out that I don't need one to get my birth cert amended anyways, so that saves me about $100.

That's it. You can move along now to more interesting topics. I'm sorry to have distracted you with my ramblings.

Interestingly enough this is interesting...
So birth certificate before name change!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Donica

Nonsense Faith! I thought your picture looks great. And the puppy too ;D Your hair is getting long. I love it. I'm letting mine grow out long too. I may think about bangs?
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Donica on May 06, 2019, 04:27:28 PM
Nonsense Faith! I thought your picture looks great. And the puppy too ;D Your hair is getting long. I love it. I'm letting mine grow out long too. I may think about bangs?

true, a nonsense picture but what do you do? Puppy (not really, he's getting old) photo-bombed me. Walked in to take a peek just as I hit the button.

long hair, yep, I get those comments as well .. "Wow, your hair grows fast" .. always has. The reason the front is shorter than the back is because I used to trim the bangs a few times before getting my hair cut. This time around, no trimming. I went from collar length to mid back in ~15 months? Faster than average, not amazingly fast though. Average is ~6" / year. Individuals vary a lot.

•  

Faith

Well, Lori and I finally got new phones. Sure, 2018 models. We had to shop price. Here's some selfie camera test shots ...

That third photo is likely the only time you will ever see me utilize that particular feature.

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Faith on May 07, 2019, 09:23:20 AM
Well, Lori and I finally got new phones. Sure, 2018 models. We had to shop price. Here's some selfie camera test shots ...

That third photo is likely the only time you will ever see me utilize that particular feature.

Your new phone takes wonderful pictures.....the third one I absolutely love 💕

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on May 07, 2019, 09:30:59 AM
Your new phone takes wonderful pictures.....the third one I absolutely love 💕
@Faith   cc: @Jessica
Dear Faith:
The comment reply from Jess is exactly correct...
...your new phone takes wonderful pictures...
BUT it is the person in the photos (YOU) that looks "more" wonderful.

You look beautiful in the pictures, and that last photo is definitely a keeper!!!  Lots of FUN! ;)
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •