Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Hi all, I'm Sasha!

Started by SashaXtina, January 19, 2024, 06:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SashaXtina

Hello, everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself here. My name is Sasha, I am 39 years old (in real life), pushing 40 (on March 8th, but can't seem to add it to the calendar, haha), and I am a (MTF) transwoman.

I've been out and proud for over two decades now: I originally came out in February 2003, but was unable to start HRT until December 2007 (remember that horrible gatekeeping process they used to have? oof!). At any rate, I've been living my authentic life for nearly 21 years, despite not being on hormones for the first (nearly) 5 years, thanks to the millions of hoops we used to have to jump through to achieve it. I'm truly happy that (American) society has at least progressed somewhat in that time.

I'm thrilled to become a new member here and meet all of you! By the way, if anyone is able to provide me with any info on how to add a profile photo and other information about myself (I can't seem to do much of anything under "Account Settings" or anywhere else), please let me know as I'd love to do so! Perhaps this is a perk reserved for paying members only? While I truly wish I could afford to contribute (and would love to), I am quite financially strapped at the moment. :(

I've attached a recent photo of myself and look forward to engaging in topics here and meeting new people! My circle is quite small right now as I am a full-time caregiver for my mother (stage 3 pancreatic cancer, at the moment, working hard to get back to stage 2), so I'm grateful for the opportunity to speak to any and everyone here. Having lived for 21 years as my true self (a woman!), I have navigated some truly uplifting moments and also some pretty horrific traumas throughout that time, and plenty more before coming out. I always strive to be 100% honest, kind, personable, and empathetic, while never judging anyone. We've all experienced enough of that already in our lives!

Much love to all and happy to meet you,
Sasha

Jessica_Rose

Hello Sasha, welcome to Susan's Place and the Forums!

It always nice to welcome someone new to Susan's Place. You never need to pay to be a member here, all donations and subscriptions are 100% voluntary. Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information which will help you navigate the site and use the available features. 

Once you reach 15 posts you will be able to send and reply to private messages (and add and avatar), until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me via email at Jessica_Rose@susans.org

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!

Jessica Rose

Global Moderator

Things that you should read

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Susan

Dear Sasha,

Thank you for joining our community and sharing a bit about your story. It's an honor to have you here. Your courage and authenticity are so inspiring.

I'm happy to help get your account set up. With 15 posts, you'll be able to add a profile photo and customize your profile, so you should reach that milestone soon! In the meantime, I've gone ahead and added the photo you provided to your profile to help you feel more at home.

Caregiving for a parent is such important and meaningful work. Please know this community is here for you - to offer support, a listening ear, and friendship. Your dedication to your mother's wellbeing speaks volumes about your character.

Stay true to who you are - your honesty, empathy and kindness are gifts to those around you. I look forward to getting to know you more through your contributions here. If you ever need anything, I'm here to help.

Wishing you warmth, love and continued strength on your journey. We're so glad you're here.

Sincerely,

Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!

tgirlamg

Welcome Aboard Sister!!!.. Always good to see a new face around here! Gorgeous pic girl!... You can add profile pic after 15 posts!...

I am 10 glorious years into my life now and look forward to hearing more of the story that brought you to our shores!

Onward We Go!

Ashley
👩💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻

LauraE

Welcome to the family. We look forward to hearing more about your stories.

Laura May
When you're ready, start living your truth.
That's when the magic happens.

Laura Full-Time: November 27, 2020

My FFS Journey   | One New Life to Life (my blog)  |  Should I Stay or Should I Go |   My Breast Augmentation

imallie

Welcome Sasha, and best wishes to your mother on ongoing battle with cancer! It's lovely that you're her full-time caregiver. That's an incredibly selfless act on your part!

Love,
Allie

traciknight

Welcome Sasha, So glad you found us. Look around, don't be afraid to ask questions, we're family here.

I pray strength for you as your mother's caregiver, and healing for your mother.

Stay strong.
Love and Best Wishes,

Traci
Traci M Knight

•  

TXSara

Hi Sasha!

I'm really glad that you decided to join up, and I hope to hear from you often!

~Sara
My Latest Blog Thread:  Sara's Wild Ride (Part II)

•  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Brooke Renee

Good Morning Sasha and welcome to Susans!

We are so happy to have you here and we look forward to getting to know you.  As others have said, your care and devotion to your mother is deeply moving. 

Warm Hugs,

Brooke
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Do come back often Sasha!  This is a terrific Web site for sharing and learning.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •