News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Where to 'fade' the sideburns?

Started by Hazumu, February 26, 2006, 11:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazumu

Maybe this is a dumb question, maybe not--

Where do natal female 'sideburns' fade?  Is there some formula, like, "Draw a line from the corner of the eye to the top of the ear canal.  The sideburns will fade from quarter inch above the line to a quarter inch below the line."

I'd like to trim the area so my electro has room to work, but not to trim any more hair than absolutely necessary.  And I'd like to to get the fade in the right place  ;)

Any help/advice/suggestions will be appreciated  ;)

Haz
  •  

melissa_girl

I had wondered this same question myself and from looking at quite a few women, I have concluded that it ends right about the doohickey at the from of your ear.  This is about 1/3 of the way down from the top of your ear.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, take a look at some females.

Melissa
  •  

Kate Thomas

Try a goggle image search for "ballet head shot" I got about 800 hits but it will take some time to find the photos that will show that.

I say ballet because of the classic dancer has her hair pulled into a bun and may have had a publicity head shot (photo)
Of them with their hair in a bun.

I would just imagine a line from the point top of the ear meets the head to the center of your hairline (directly above your nose)
the sideburn would be no more than 1/4 to 3/8 inch below that line (a kate opinion)

Kate
"But who is that on the other side of you?"
T.S. Eliot
  •  

Hazumu

"Ballet head shot" -- cool!  That's a great bit of non-intuitive knowledge (my favorite kind)!

Since there seems to be some question, I'll see about photoshopping a few and posting them (no promises -- time to do stuff like this is at a premium right now  :eusa_wall:

Haz

Posted at: February 27, 2006, 06:07:58 AM

Dekita!  (Japanese for "Finished!")

Hope this helps -- it helped me figure out how high to trim!

Haz
  •  

melissa_girl

Like I said:

Quote from: melissa_girl on February 27, 2006, 12:39:17 AM
This is about 1/3 of the way down from the top of your ear.

Melissa
  •  

Kimberly

Consequently that is where mine are... why is simply that is where my hair is; Facial hair has a different texture and that stuff I remove with great prejudice.
  •  

Lisa CPE

Being that I am a g-girl I have great experience in this area.  ;) I used to have sideburns and I had them removed in the late 1980's by the electrologist who I was seeing for treatments.  She removed the hairs up to the top of my ears.  I can assure you that it looks very natural. :D

Since I am an electrologist I see women all the time who come in for sideburn hair removal.  They do not like long sideburns that grow onto the face.   :o
  •  

Buffy

Thats True....Electrolysis

I had mine removed by electrolysis aspart of facial hair removal to prevent this being the coarse hair.

It is now fine and velous...

Buffy

•  

LostInTime

I guess that I "lucked" out in this.  My sideburns go as far as just a small bit past the top of my ears and then there is a rather noticable space that does not grow hair at all before the very sparse facial hair starts.  For some reason, I never had much on the sides, most of the facial hair seems to be concentrated around my upper lip and chin.  I never really paid attention to this until I first read this post but that is probably because I have dated a couple of women who had longish sideburns.
  •  

Lisa CPE

Dear Lost in Time,
You sure are lucky on this one!  :D Count those blessings.
Lisa
  •  

Melissa

My beard hair was the same texture and color as my head hair, so there was nothing obvious, except if I let it grow out, the beard hair seemed to curl and then you could see a difference.  I just used that as a guide.

Melissa
  •