Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Help me decide if i need FFS, was read today... it was so disheartning

Started by Just Mandy, March 17, 2008, 01:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cindybc

Hi Amanda, after living as who I am for the past eight years I think I am quite past the jealousy part. I am comfortable with who I am. I am an elder, but ya I see some pretty ladies pictures makes me wish I was younger. I must admit that the second picture of you with the touch ups on the chin and nose certainly make a big difference. Hey girl, if you can afford it then go for it. Just don't forget the very important need for electrolysis which was my first step when I began. Actually I didn't take any other steps, I put on weight after HRT which helped to file out my face more.

Good luck hon

Cindy
  •  

Just Mandy

Thanks Cindy, I know hair removal is a biggie and plan to do that as a given and HRT is helping
a lot but it won't change the nose. :)

Amanda

Something sleeps deep within us
hidden and growing until we awaken as ourselves.
  •  

cindybc

Hi Amanda yes you are right about the nose it will not interfere with the electrolosis, except for like in ((Double ouch city!!!!)) :o) But I would certainly put a hold on the chin until you have completed electrolysis or laser, which ever you pick to get done. Goodness can you imagine just how strong we Trans ladies have to be to get through all this stuff, Strong constitutionally I speak of here.

Cindy
  •  

Case

Absolutely gorgeous still Amanda  :D I'd give you a 18/10 any day!!!  :D
  •  

Just Mandy

•  

samanthawhalen

Amanda, you should see MY face :(  It is FUGLY.  At this point unless I can be convinced that any pictures I put up here are NOT me, then I'm not going to do it:D  In a nutshell here is what my face looks like:

- very full lips (when I was in school up through high school I was called "fish lips")

- big nose that has so many problems:
(a) deviated septum to the left of the bridge
(b) uneven nostrils because of the deviated septum
(c) end of nose has a ball shape to it ... I was also called "ski ramp nose"

- lazy left eye (not horrible, but it's noticeable)

- uneven jawline, if I shift my lower jaw to my right, the jawlines look *better*, but then my entire bite is thrown off as well as my lips not lining up properly.....obviously I can't speak like that, either.a

- severe hair loss, really bad widow's peak

- ears are assymetrical (left ear is slightly closer to the the head than the right one)

- left eyebrow is partially bald where someone pulled a cruel joke on me in high school by lighting a lighter in my face

I have a LONG WAY to go before I'll be anywhere near "passable".  Mostly likely that's all just a dream (cruel one at that) for me.  Hell, my wife really has nothing to worry about, in terms of me "becoming a woman". 

If you are not aware, Amanda, rhinoplasty (nose job) is SERIOUS surgery.  There have been a lot of screwups where someone's nose wound up looking far worse than before.  I know of one case where an "open" surgery was done and the guy's entire nose rotted from the inside-out, because of an infection that the plastic surgeon (from Texas) could have prevented.  Think long and hard before you decide to undergo something like that.  The recovery process is a LONG one, as you won't know for months (sometimes years) whether the results will look the way you wanted.  If you screw your nose up, that may be it.  Don't mean to scare you, but that's the harsh reality of it. 

Aeron
  •  

Just Mandy

QuoteIf you are not aware, Amanda, rhinoplasty (nose job) is SERIOUS surgery.  There have been a lot of screwups where someone's nose wound up looking far worse than before.  I know of one case where an "open" surgery was done and the guy's entire nose rotted from the inside-out, because of an infection that the plastic surgeon (from Texas) could have prevented.  Think long and hard before you decide to undergo something like that.  The recovery process is a LONG one, as you won't know for months (sometimes years) whether the results will look the way you wanted.  If you screw your nose up, that may be it.  Don't mean to scare you, but that's the harsh reality of it.

Wow...I thought it was no big deal... I guess I should really think about it. And plan on going to a nost guy that
has a pretty good rep. Thanks for that info.

Amanda

•  

Keira

I had a rhino, while the final result takes time, it depends mostly on how thick your nose skin is.
The thicker it is, the bigger the swelling and the longer the recovery.
Most men have thick nose skin (not me, its very very thin).

I had close to final result within 2 months and was quite presentable within 3 weeks (though at that time, it barely looked smaller than before because of the swelling).

The more work they do, thicker the skin, the longer the recovery and the more unpredictable the result. Its usually better to undercompensate than overcompensate because rebuilding the nose is way way thougher than reducing it.

The more operation you get on the nose, the more unpredictable the result because of scar tissues inside the nose and the diminished support from cutting in the cartilage. Up to two is usually OK, but make sure you
get a very good guy for the second one (if you need it).

Ironically, subtle results are harder to get than bigger results, because it takes great deal of experience to know how subtle cuts and sutures will heal.
Bigger changes, usually, people see the overall result rather than small imperfections so
it less of a challenge.

The nose job has one of the highest disatisfaction rates of plastic surgery operations, not
because the surgeon messed up, most of those not satisfied got just about what they wanted,
but what you got is not always what you needed (I'm getting philosophical here... )

•  

samanthawhalen

I like what Keira had to say about that.  I just feel that a nose job should be the LAST thing on the list of 'passability' factors to consider.  I'd take being an OK looking girl (face it, guys will bang a chick with 3 eyeballs if her booty is A+), or even an ugly one, ANY DAY over having a messed up nose.

Aeron

P.S.  My nose IS big, but my real mother's nose was big, too and she was very pretty :D
  •  

Just Mandy

I know what you guys are saying... it's risky and I might not be happy,  but don't you think I really
need a rhino?

Amanda

•  

samanthawhalen

Amanda, you have to make the decision.  Therefore I am not "saying" anything.  What I suggest that you do, again, is EVERYTHING you can do to make your face look feminine UP TO the point of evaluating whether you still want, or need, a rhino.  There are many beautiful women out there with big noses.  Not many have hair on their face, a Michael Jackson chin, or a tiny Adam's Apple.  Remember the trick I showed you about covering parts of your face to see how certain parts impact other parts?  You know how the bottom of your face compares to the top (the top includes your nose).  It's not even close.  Do this:  Fix all those things on the BOTTOM of the face, then go back to covering the top and bottom halves of your face, including and excluding your nose.  You will have a much better understanding of whether you need a rhino.  Save the riskiest for the last, Amanda. 

Aeron
  •  

Just Mandy

•  

Keira

Although there are many women with big noses, what's considered big in a women is not the same as in a man.

But, I do concur, Rhino or any surgery is a personal decision and that's how I took it.
I took it for myself, not for others.

That doesn't mean you should never have surgery either and live with what god gave you
(which I hear often also, that's pure crap). God also gave us malaria, should we live with that...
  •  

lady amarant

Quote from: AlwaysAmanda on April 26, 2008, 04:23:07 PM
I know what you guys are saying... it's risky and I might not be happy,  but don't you think I really
need a rhino?

Amanda

Well, you know, they are almost extinct, so if you really want a rhino, you'll have to move quickly.  ;D

~Simone,
     In one of THOSE moods today...
  •  

Just Mandy

QuoteIn one of THOSE moods today...

lol... I can tell...

Amanda

•  

Beyond

Quote from: AeronTG on April 27, 2008, 11:29:20 PM
Amanda, you have to make the decision.  Therefore I am not "saying" anything.  What I suggest that you do, again, is EVERYTHING you can do to make your face look feminine UP TO the point of evaluating whether you still want, or need, a rhino.  There are many beautiful women out there with big noses.  Not many have hair on their face, a Michael Jackson chin, or a tiny Adam's Apple.  Remember the trick I showed you about covering parts of your face to see how certain parts impact other parts?  You know how the bottom of your face compares to the top (the top includes your nose).  It's not even close.  Do this:  Fix all those things on the BOTTOM of the face, then go back to covering the top and bottom halves of your face, including and excluding your nose.  You will have a much better understanding of whether you need a rhino.  Save the riskiest for the last, Amanda. 

THis makes no sense to me.  IMO it's best to do it all at once.  One surgery, one anesthesia, one absence from work etc.

As far as the rhino infection thing: Scare tactics as far as I'm concerned.  The problem is NOT the procedure.  The problem is we're developing more and more superbugs and nosocomial (hospital acquired) infections are up as a result.  I work in a hospital I should know.  As long as you go to a well qualified surgeon you should be okay.

rant/ And Amanda:

STOP ASKING OTHERS TO MAKE YOUR DECISION!  TAKE CHARGE/RESPONSIBILITY!  IF YOUR NOSE BOTHERS YOU, FIX IT!

/rant
  •  

Mari

Quote from: Beyond on May 01, 2008, 07:21:24 AM
rant/ And Amanda:

STOP ASKING OTHERS TO MAKE YOUR DECISION!  TAKE CHARGE/RESPONSIBILITY!  IF YOUR NOSE BOTHERS YOU, FIX IT!

With no intention to insult you I have to say I haven't read something like this in a long time...
Completely out-of-context... Asking for advice is hardly not taking charge/resposnibility
or having somene else make your decisions.
Question is: does she need FFS? cuz in some cases (which i think are minority) FFS is
needed for passing rather than wanted for pretty looks
If she had that i know it all attitude she probably wouldn't be here in the first place
She is no longer trapped by destiny
And ever since she let go of the past
She found her life was beginning
  •  

Just Mandy

QuoteTHis makes no sense to me.  IMO it's best to do it all at once.  One surgery, one anesthesia, one absence from work etc.

As far as the rhino infection thing: Scare tactics as far as I'm concerned.  The problem is NOT the procedure.  The problem is we're developing more and more superbugs and nosocomial (hospital acquired) infections are up as a result.  I work in a hospital I should know.  As long as you go to a well qualified surgeon you should be okay.

rant/ And Amanda:

/rant

Thank you for the information Beyond. It does seem like I'm bringing it up over and over, but in my defense this
question/topic was posted March 17th... and it has gone on and on... I feel the need to respond to people
when they post to it, since I was asking for help. And you are right... I need to take responsibly for my nose and a
lot of other things :)

Mari, I think it comes down to what I need to feel good about myself. So I've decided that
as soon as I can emotionally handle it I'm going to get something done whether I need it or not.

Mari and Beyond... please don't let this disagreement descend into another argument. Things get said here
with the best of intentions and they are often misinterpreted. Please please please, lets all try to keep that in mind.
I came back... lol... after my 13 hours absence... because of the love I felt in everyone's concern, and I'm going to
spread that love not hate :) I will disagree with others I'm sure but the first thing I'm going to ask is
"Where their intentions good?"... and in this case I'd say yes.

Amanda

•  

cindybc

The best cure for controversy on the boards is state your opinions and suggestions, if they be supportive, and if what is said doesn't not set well with you, then may I suggest that one stays away from that controversial thread or repetitive subject, *simple solution*. Even a mild natured person like me had to get whacked along side the head with a sucker-fish a few times before I learned that lesson.

Cindy
  •