Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What's your finger index ratio?

Started by Asfsd4214, January 21, 2010, 02:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your 2d:4d ratio?

I am an MTF and my ratio is 1 or higher (longer index finger)
60 (37.5%)
I am an MTF and my ratio is lower than 1 (longer ring finger)
52 (32.5%)
I am an FTM and my ratio is 1 or higher (longer index finger)
10 (6.3%)
I am an FTM and my ratio is lower than 1 (longer ring finger)
38 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Jen72

I tried this and came out as ring finger longer and a 98 variance and here is the but part.  I do have short fingers so that is one factor not accounted for just measuring fingers.  Dmab but gender confused call it that atm:) but I do have big paws and short fingers which changes the ratio a bit. By my guess I would be more on the female side or really maybe since short fingers a balance of both")  Hehe another thought to think on is are we ftm and mtf more balanced then your average cis??  And in no way to I slight someone who is transitioning for they maybe be as mtf more female then male and have every right to transition:)
For every day that stings better days it brings.
For every road that ends another will begin.

From a song called "Master of the Wind"" by Man O War.

I my opinions hurt anyone it is NOT my intent.  I try to look at things in a neutral manner but we are all biased to a degree.  If I ever post anything wrong PLEASE correct me!  Human after all.
  •  

Blue Senpai

I'm an FTM and ratio is lower, my ring finger is longer than my index finger.
The difference in percentage between the two options for FTMs shows a significant difference. :o
  •  

Blondie14

My hand looks like the first one my index is pretty long and my ring finger is smaller.

I'm kind of questioning I was born male so yeah...
  •  

Jill F

Right now my 2d:3d:4d ratio is approx. 1:3:1.
  •  

Lady_Oracle

My index finger is longer than my ring finger
  •  

JustASeq

My ring is slightly longer than my index. According to the image you included, that means I am probably good at sports. Truth in my case :)
-Seq
  •  

PucksWaywardSon

ftm and both ring fingers are noticably longer than index fingers - I'm right handed, on my right hand it's just a little bit longer... on my left hand, my ring finger is almost as long as my middle finger.
Identifying As: Gamer Nerd, Aspiring actor, Wanderer, Shakespeare junkie. Transguy. time I lost the probably there... Hi, I'm Jamie.
  •  

Clhoe G

I got this so wrong in another topic, but basically it's best to measure your fingers like so because sometimes by putting your fingers together n judging visually can give false data, anyone can put their fingers together n make one finger bigger then the other.

It's best to do it like this.

Mine are even.
Thank-you scorpions...

For looking like Goth lobsters.  :laugh:

Quote.
-Jimmy fallon-

Wow, I could have sworn I've been on HRT for longer.
O well this ticker will help me keep track.

•  

Peebles

my index finger is longer than my ring finger on my right hand

I'm always surprised by this, I match more of the low digit ratio stuff, like math, terrible handwriting, and liking women

weird
  •  

kast

My ring fingers are just barely longer than my index fingers. Mostly equal.

•  

Kylo

The "typically male" pattern on both hands.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

MeTony

My ring finger is obviously longer on my left hand and slightly longer on my right. Hard to see with the cast on my right hand.

Tony
  •  

Karen

Quote from: Emmaline on April 10, 2014, 10:00:20 PM
I find all the evidence supporting transexualism as an intersex condition compelling, and it fits in my case as I have very low testosterone,  female carrying angle and finger ratios, sparce facial and body hair, gender dysphoria and varicocele.

My mother had a long string of miscarriages prior to me, and this strongly suggests I am a DES baby as it was the practice in that era.

Symptoms of GD occured very young, during which time my family life was stable and secure- good role models on both sides.  No siblings to muddy the waters...  I still tried to cut off parts with scissors... which suggests it is not a psychological disorder in my case that triggered such drastic behavior.   I would have to conclude it is physical.

This is really good.   My index finger is shorter than my ring finger....hmmm.

I too had gender identity issues as a child, and playing with dolls, wearing moms and sisters clothes, trying to use "personal feminine products", etc..   Have always felt very different and unique.

It took 10 years of trying to have children, with low testosterone as part of it.  I have / had limited body hair.  And, to your DES child...I had never heard of it.    My mother in 1963 misscarried / baby died within days of birth.   I was born 3 years later.   My mother and father were both raised with a lot of trauma, during the Second World War.   I have always wondered if this misscarage and my mother's health
Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* Sept 2016 - January 2017 real began to seriously question and research gender
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
* March 2018 after 3 therapists, accepts I am transgender and am transitioning
* July 18, 2018 began HRT
* Feb 4, 2019 began Estrogen
  •  

TicTac

I am MTF and I am left handed, and my ring finger is longer then my index finger. This is all quite nonsense though, but fun none the less.
  •  

4A-GZE

Quote from: TicTac on April 12, 2018, 12:51:01 AM
I am MTF and I am left handed, and my ring finger is longer then my index finger. This is all quite nonsense though, but fun none the less.
Not necessarily nonsense, actually. I've read that it's directly proportional to the amount of estrogen you're exposed to in the womb. You (and I) received a lot more than most cis men and even some cis women.

I don't know if there's any correlation between fetal hormones and gender identity, but it's an interesting thing to think about.
  •  

Devlyn

•  

KathyLauren

Maybe it's nonsense, maybe it isn't.  But either way, you need to measure the fingers correctly.  You can't tell from a photograph, especially on the back side of the hand.

The measurement is made on the palm side of the hand.  Measure the fingers from the crease at the base of the finger to the tip.  My index finger looks like it is nearly a centimetre longer than my ring finger.  But in face, measured correctly, they are exactly the same length.  (Which, for reference is just barely within the female range.)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Michelle_P

The 2D:4D finger length ratio is a known sexually dimorphic property.  There is substantial overlap between the male and female ranges, however.  The ratio reflects in-utero hormone exposure levels among many other influences.

I was exposed to very high levels of a synthetic estrogen, DES, at around 50,000 times the serum level of a modern birth control pill, starting around 10 weeks into fetal development.   This had an impact on tissues that started growth past this point, including the extremities and much of the brain.  (I wear a women's medium glove and size 9 - 9 1/2 women's shoes for what that's worth.)

My 2D:4D ratio is 1.01. 
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Doreen

Something about my camera I think is making my hands appear slightly fatter than they really are.

Here's my hand FRONT (not back). Flip my hands around to the backside and my index is shorter than my ring but this way, they both appear about equal.  Go figure. 

My finger to digit ratio.  What's that make me? I'm guessing lesbian :P :P :P
My in utero exposure to hormones is anyone's guess.  My overall biology closely behind that guess.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Michelle_P on April 25, 2018, 04:19:37 PM
The 2D:4D finger length ratio is a known sexually dimorphic property.  There is substantial overlap between the male and female ranges, however........

The amount of angst and fighting that the digit ratio causes is a known property too.  :)

Finger length no more determines one's gender than one's genitals do.

Too many people get stuck on one body part or aspect of transitioning and forget to live life as who they are.

That's why we have this topic.   :laugh:
  •