News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Sex is overrated.

Started by Calistine, July 21, 2009, 05:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluffy jorgen

Ditto. I'm on Fluoxetine.
It kind of makes the whole thought of sex obscure and revolting.

Feel like doing something that actually means something. If that made sense.
  •  

Steffi

In my experience and as stated on the information regarding most anti-depressants, the major problem is not so much a lowering of sex-drive itself, but making climax difficult if not impossible!
I've experienced both....... seven years/three different types of anti-depressants and now 15 months of anti-androgens.
The anti-androgens win hands down! - actually having (almost) no sex-drive at all is no big deal as far as I'm concerned...... life is so much simpler and more tranquil  8)
To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)
I started out with nothing..... and I still have most of it left.
  •  

fluffy jorgen

Quotebut making climax difficult if not impossible!

Food for thought.
  •  

Alex_C

Having a sex drive is great, I think.
  •  

finewine

Quote from: Alex_C on September 24, 2009, 10:34:28 PM
Having a sex drive is great, I think.

Yeah but I always find it hard to steer!  Better to pull over, in my opinion :)
  •  

Alex_C

You made me LOL  :D

Of course on a motorcycle there's the old turn the fuel valve to OFF trick... "Woops the bike's not running, guess we'll just have to make out here until it feels like running again!"
  •  

icontact

The only thing I would like about having a penis is the ease of usage. Just being able to whip it out and >-bleeped-< whenever, wherever. Vagina requires a bed to get down and dirty.
Hardly online anymore. You can reach me at http://cosyoucantbuyahouseinheaven.tumblr.com/ask
  •  

Ruben

Quote from: Chamillion on July 21, 2009, 07:25:40 PM
I used to think sex was overrated too, mostly because I didn't really like being touched. Going on T has changed that completely though and now I love it. I think a lot of it just has to do with having dysphoria about your body; if you can find a way to overcome that, sex is dank.

My sex drive is VERY low due to my personal body image; having the 'wrong' body as I see myself, it sort of puts me off being reminded of it by sex/being touched. My boobs are the main issue, and, unfortunately, its what my fiancé likes alot about my body. I keep them for him. Thing is, I can't go on T coz I don't think my fiancé could deal with the changes. I'm a little stuck. :(
  •  

uni

Sex is overrated. Nothing in the physical world can compete with fantasy. They say that the brain is the most important sex organ and in my case its the only one since my organs are non functional.
  •  

Legora

I know, right?  God, sex annoys me!  I'm sure that sounds pretty weird, but to me it is just the least possible important thing about a relationship, and yet every single society since the dawn of time has made such a big deal out of it.  How frustrating...
  •  

Walter

Quote from: Legora on May 25, 2010, 05:31:06 AM
I know, right?  God, sex annoys me!  I'm sure that sounds pretty weird, but to me it is just the least possible important thing about a relationship, and yet every single society since the dawn of time has made such a big deal out of it.  How frustrating...

This

I'm not Asexual like I thought I was, but I still don't praise sex like a good percent of the population does
  •  

nikki_brown

Quote from: Eamber on August 11, 2009, 11:41:28 AM
The misconception that Asexual people are somehow "Damaged" annoys me.

I've never had any traumatic sexual experiences, and I'm not religious. There is nothing stopping me from wanting to have sex. I just don't feel sexually attracted to anybody. Never have. Oh, boobs, penis... Boring. It hasn't changed since I was a kid. (I'm 19) I don't really understand or see the appeal of things people describe as sexually exciting. I've been in a few normal relationships, but those parts seem fairly mundane. I thought transition might change it, but nope. Oh well.

I can only imagine how bothersome and distracting it must be to be thinking about it all the time. Poor you guys!

Different strokes for different folks. I am not interested in sex with other people because the mating game doesn't interest me. If I truly loved someone, I wouldn't want to get to know them sexually anyways. Procreation is not one of my prerogatives. Plus, you don't need others to give yourself satisfaction.  ;)
  •