News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Female elbows?

Started by lilacwoman, August 30, 2010, 12:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilacwoman

Quote from: SamanthaFLA on September 10, 2010, 01:57:57 PM
So I tried this. The more I turn my hands forward, the more my arms flare away from my sides. Just to have fun, I asked my boy... friend, to try it. He says he is able to keep his arms at his side as he turns his palms forward.
It's a fun little test. but I don't think it necessarily proves or disproves anything. Though I do like the theory of, "That's why you throw like a girl" XD. Blame it on some weird body thing.
we MtFs like to think we may have really tiny spots of brain different to what we should have and it seems that FtMs also have odd bits which indicate that things got a little mixed up on the production line so if our brains got mixed up then we have to accept that other bits also got mixed up.
It used to be that feeling TS was just a nurturing idea but now we know that it is a physical brain thing then we have to accept that TSism may manifest in other physical bits.
Those like pheonix who deny such things as these female elbows are in essence falling back on the old idea of nurturing causing feelings of TSism and as such they could be cured of being TS by reparative therapy and all the sex change clinics shut down.
  •  

pheonix

Quote from: lilacwoman on September 10, 2010, 02:41:14 PM
we MtFs like to think we may have really tiny spots of brain different to what we should have and it seems that FtMs also have odd bits which indicate that things got a little mixed up on the production line so if our brains got mixed up then we have to accept that other bits also got mixed up.
It used to be that feeling TS was just a nurturing idea but now we know that it is a physical brain thing then we have to accept that TSism may manifest in other physical bits.
Those like pheonix who deny such things as these female elbows are in essence falling back on the old idea of nurturing causing feelings of TSism and as such they could be cured of being TS by reparative therapy and all the sex change clinics shut down.

Are you seriously so desperate to have this thread validated that you try to twist my words?  I actually addressed the very matter:

Quote from: pheonix on August 30, 2010, 05:38:16 PMCould transexuality be tied to intersex conditions?  Potentially.  But  I doubt the dividing line will be whether arms behave as described.  The number of us on the board who are diagnosed with intersex conditions are proof that biology is rarely clean or absolute.  Expect the answer to be far more complex and nuanced.

Bring science to this...  if determining transsexuals was as simple as "female elbows" there wouldn't be debates regarding the origins of the condition.
  •  

pheonix

It took me a while but now I shall make you

FACE THE COLD UNWAVERING TRUTH OF SCIENCE:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/3btlrxevl3c5g9tm/

QuoteThe mean carrying angle was 12.88°±5.92: 10.97°±4.27 in men and 15.07°±4.95 in women

For those of you unfamiliar with statistics, yes there is a slight difference between male and female, but it is insignificant.  In plain English, both 50% of men AND 50% of women fall within a 10 and 15 degree angle.  In other words, this would not be a good indicator of gender.
  •