Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by Osiris, December 29, 2010, 05:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osiris

I was sure a thread like this had been made somewhere but I couldn't find it so I made my own.

Basically like those what are you listening to threads. Tell us what you be munching on!

ATM, nothing but soon I will be eating mexican style fried chicken, marinated in lime and fresh ground black pepper. Some rice and black beans will round out the meal. 8)
अगणित रूप अनुप अपारा | निर्गुण सांगुन स्वरप तुम्हारा || नहिं कछु भेद वेद अस भासत | भक्तन से नहिं अन्तर रखत
  •  

V M

I just put some sliced roast beef in my crock pot for a French Dip sandwich tonight... I'll add mushrooms and onions after awhile then top it off with olives and cheese later and make a side of cheesy potato wedges  :)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

xAndrewx

You all are eating good solid dinners and here I am munching down some candy Apple Rings

pixiegirl

TBD... all I know is I won't be cooking it :)
  •  

VeryGnawty

"The cake is a lie."
  •  

AmySmiles

Cheese omelette for breakfast.  Covered in ketchup  :D
  •  

Constance

Quote from: Virginia Marie on December 29, 2010, 05:15:52 PM
I just put some sliced roast beef in my crock pot for a French Dip sandwich tonight... I'll add mushrooms and onions after awhile then top it off with olives and cheese later and make a side of cheesy potato wedges  :)
Damn! Sounds great (but I would leave out the olives).

Had some leftover meatballs and coffee for breakfast.

Nathan.

Left over chinese from last night   :P
  •  

thestory

Ugh... It all sounds good to me! Right now you are all leaving my mouth watering and I'm snowed in at a hotel with bananas apples tea and coffee....well I do like the coffee and tea part. Fruit isn't bad either. But what I wouldn't do for a full meal right now.
  •  

Squirrel698

Trying to eat 3,000 calories a day to build muscle is making me hate food so much!  I just dread meal times because I have no appetite.  It's working though as I am gaining muscle mass fairly quickly with my weight lifting. 

This morning I had 5 hard boiled eggs and 2 ounces of English cheddar cheese.   Then a protein shake with olive oil and soon I'm going to have a big serving of pot roast.   :P
"It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul"
Invictus - William Ernest Henley
  •  

lisagurl

Home made salad and dressing with a piece of home made bread and a glass of wine.
  •  

Constance

A little peanut brittle and oolong tea.

VeryGnawty

Quote from: Squirrel698 on December 30, 2010, 11:16:17 AM
Trying to eat 3,000 calories a day to build muscle is making me hate food so much!  I just dread meal times because I have no appetite.

I think that's common.  Male bodybuilders force themselves to eat way past the point of appetite/hunger in order to gain muscle mass.

QuoteThis morning I had 5 hard boiled eggs and 2 ounces of English cheddar cheese.   Then a protein shake with olive oil and soon I'm going to have a big serving of pot roast.   :P

If you really want to pack on the muscle, find some type of high protein food that isn't a chore to prepare/eat.  My friend prefers protein shakes because they are fast and they can be consumed quickly.  I assume he is still using them as he's gotten more buff over the last few months.

Anyway, I guess I'll post what I'm eating since that's what this thread is about.  I'm eating corn chips.  It's the second best junk food in existence!  The best junk food is, of course, ice cream.
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

Michael Joseph

pizza. you would think after working at a pizza place for 4 years where you get free food you would get sick of it..  but no ;D

V M

Quote from: Squirrel698 on December 30, 2010, 11:16:17 AM
Trying to eat 3,000 calories a day to build muscle is making me hate food so much!  I just dread meal times because I have no appetite.  It's working though as I am gaining muscle mass fairly quickly with my weight lifting. 

This morning I had 5 hard boiled eggs and 2 ounces of English cheddar cheese.   Then a protein shake with olive oil and soon I'm going to have a big serving of pot roast.   :P
My nephew in law and one of my nephews are both body builders who compete... They have all kinds of things they eat that look like candy bars and taste like  :icon_blah:  But surprisingly enough they consume BBQ chicken breasts in mass quantities... They are very strict about their diets

My nephew looks like a Greek God
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Janet_Girl

Lean Cuisine Almond chicken and a salad.
  •  

VeryGnawty

Quote from: Virginia Marie on December 30, 2010, 05:36:28 PM
My nephew in law and one of my nephews are both body builders who compete... They have all kinds of things they eat that look like candy bars and taste like  :icon_blah:  But surprisingly enough they consume BBQ chicken breasts in mass quantities... They are very strict about their diets

From what I understand, bodybuilding is a sacrifice when it comes to eating.  I watched a show about a bodybuilder.  He never ate junk food (at all) and he ate some type of protein every single HOUR.  Usually, fish.

He said that his diet is very boring and a lot of work.  But his desire to have more muscle than the other guys allowed him to stick to a ridiculously strict diet.

Right now I'm just drinking a soda, because I don't like eating anything too soon before going to work.
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

Constance

A little salad, some prosciutto, and barley tea.

Janet_Girl

Lean Cuisine Chicken Enchilada
  •  

xAndrewx

Chicken and broccoli, white rice, an egg roll, with (yeah, odd I know) sweet potato casserole