Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Anyone have experience with name change in Kansas?

Started by KylerG702, December 29, 2010, 09:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KylerG702

I'm looking to get started on the name change process next month, and I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with getting it done in kansas? I'm thinking of just going and getting the paperwork done through legalzoom as I am pretty sure we dont have a generic form for kansas. I've heard its not too difficult but I'm really nervous about messing it up since i dont have alot of money so this is my one shot to get it done for a while and I cant find hardly any information on the process at all here. And in general do i need a letter from my therapist for just getting my name changed or is that even important? I'd appreciate any advice at all. Thanks.
  •  

Ms.Behavin

Here's a link

http://www.ehow.com/list_7613604_kansas-name-change-requirements.html

FYI, you do not need a letter from a therapist for a name change.   Also I would pick a legal newpaper in a city other then where you live, if possible.  Ideally a cheep one too.  Smaller papers charge lots less then big city papers. Thats easier in Johnson Co then say Hays. ;-).

I use to live in Miami Co.  south of KC.

Good luck

Beni
  •  

KylerG702

Thank you so much. I don't know why in my months of searching I never found that website. I really appreciate it. Good idea on picking another city too. Never occurred to me that I could do that. I cant wait to get started.

Thanks again. :)

Kyler
  •