Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Breast Development / Should I get implants?

Started by Valerie Elizabeth, January 12, 2011, 01:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerie Elizabeth

Thanks for the feedback.

I talked with Dr. Zukowski for a really long time yesterday.  Probably about an hour.

Anyway, I've already had my SRS so I'm not expecting anything more really in the boob department.  Dr. Zukowski and I talked about implants for a while, and we settled on a C cup.  That's good for me.  I decided on Mentor Memory Gel implants, and we're looking at like 375CC to 400CC implants under the muscle.

I will NOT gain weight, I'm too vain to ever gain weight.  No offense.  I count my calories and am typically pretty active, although right now I'm not.  I just can't.  I grew up with overweight parents, and I saw what it did to them, and how they looked.  I make it part of my life to stay skinny and healthy. 

And on a side note, Dr. Z said a lot of people need them replaced in like 10 years, but it's not uncommon for them to last 15 years or more.  He said he just replaced them in two women, implants 18 years and 22 years old.  So, it all depends.  I'm not worried.

Anyway, thanks!

"There comes a point in life when you realize everything you know about yourself, it's all just conditioning."  True Blood

"You suffer a lot more hiding something than if you face up to it."  True Blood
  •  

CaitJ

Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on January 20, 2011, 10:36:40 AM
I will NOT gain weight, I'm too vain to ever gain weight.  No offense.  I count my calories and am typically pretty active, although right now I'm not.  I just can't.  I grew up with overweight parents, and I saw what it did to them, and how they looked.  I make it part of my life to stay skinny and healthy.
Which is actually rather unhealthy, mentally.
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

How is eating only the calories I need and exercising unhealthy?  Please elaborate on the mental aspect.
"There comes a point in life when you realize everything you know about yourself, it's all just conditioning."  True Blood

•  

CaitJ

Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on January 20, 2011, 12:42:06 PM
How is eating only the calories I need and exercising unhealthy?  Please elaborate on the mental aspect.

Obsessing over it is the unhealthy aspect, as is letting your parent's problems drive your obsession.
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

I don't think it's an unhealthy habit.  Keeping a mental tally of the calories I eat during the day isn't an obsession.  I just don't want the health problems my parents (and many other overweight people) have.  Wanting to stay skinny isn't a bad thing.  I'm not anorexic skinny.  I keep my weight within the medical norms for my height and age.  I'm just a tad under 5'9" and I weigh 140 pounds.  130 - 170 are the medical recommended weights for my age and height.

I just know that I will not let myself get overweight. If you feel that it's an obsession then it's your prerogative - just as it is my prerogative to want to stay skinny and healthy.

I don't mean to assail you or your opinions.  I just wanted to defend myself.  So, I apologize if it came across as such.

•  

CaitJ

Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on January 20, 2011, 02:11:50 PM
I just know that I will not let myself get overweight. If you feel that it's an obsession then it's your prerogative - just as it is my prerogative to want to stay skinny and healthy.

You know, there's a massive difference between 'overweight' and 'skinny' - there's a whole range of healthy weights in between the two.
However, your body, your choice. Do whatever you like with it  :)
  •  

Rock_chick

Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on January 20, 2011, 02:11:50 PM
I don't think it's an unhealthy habit.  Keeping a mental tally of the calories I eat during the day isn't an obsession.  I just don't want the health problems my parents (and many other overweight people) have.  Wanting to stay skinny isn't a bad thing.  I'm not anorexic skinny.  I keep my weight within the medical norms for my height and age.  I'm just a tad under 5'9" and I weigh 140 pounds.  130 - 170 are the medical recommended weights for my age and height.

I don't mean to assail you or your opinions.  I just wanted to defend myself.  So, I apologize if it came across as such.

You sound a lot like me...scarily like me in fact. i'm around the 5'9" mark, i weigh less than you...bearing in mind i was 60kg with my boots on when i weighed my self at my friends today, means i am probably under 132 lbs now, and i obsess about my fat intake (though my boobs quite often need feeding and i'll fall off the wagon and stuff my face with carbs and be in a foul mood for the rest of the day for being so weak...don't even get me started on how i feel when my tits demand dead animal flesh and i cave in). I know it's an obsession, even though i can't stop myself doing it and if i'm honest i don't want to stop myself doing it, but i still know it's an obsession.
  •  

JenJen2011

Hey Val..I know this is off topic but are you 100% satisfied with your FFS done by Dr. Z and would you recommend him to other girls? I'm asking because I plan on having FFS with him, hopefully by the end of this year. I think you look great and so do a couple other girls I've seen done by him.
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

Quote from: JenJen2011 on January 21, 2011, 12:29:02 PM
Hey Val..I know this is off topic but are you 100% satisfied with your FFS done by Dr. Z and would you recommend him to other girls? I'm asking because I plan on having FFS with him, hopefully by the end of this year. I think you look great and so do a couple other girls I've seen done by him.

I sure am, and I do recommend him!  I think he can be a little forward, and maybe a tad pushy, but he does good work.  I think he is straightforward in what he tells you.

I am getting a boob job with him, and if I didn't trust him I wouldn't go back to him a second time.  I've recommended him to other people who have also been satisfied.

Also, I needed a slight revision to my nose.  It was a minor thing, and he did it for free and it wasn't a hassle at all.  He also did some secondary fat grafting for free at the same time.  I just really enjoyed the whole process, and I would make the same decisions again a second time.

Feel free to find me on YouTube and ask me any questions.  You can also see the progression from the surgery until now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/valerievideos

•  

JenJen2011

Thanks for the info!

As for breast implants, I say, go for them!
I started HRT in late 2005 and by mid 2007, I had a 32A cup.
My mom and sisters have quite large breasts but I felt mine
were growing too slow and since I have broad shoulders I opted
to have breast implants. I got 375CC's which is a 36B cup size, gel breast implants.
Three years later I am still very happy with the results  :)
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

trnsboi

Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on January 20, 2011, 10:36:40 AM

You want your breasts to grow but you refuse to gain weight? Keep in mind that estrogen has an affinity for fat, and if your body fat% is under recommended levels then there's a good chance you won't be getting the maximum benefit out of your hormones. A large proportion of a person's breasts are made up of fat--there is a reason skinny women tend to have small breasts!

•  

Valerie Elizabeth

Quote from: trnsboi on January 21, 2011, 02:44:43 PM
You want your breasts to grow but you refuse to gain weight? Keep in mind that estrogen has an affinity for fat, and if your body fat% is under recommended levels then there's a good chance you won't be getting the maximum benefit out of your hormones. A large proportion of a person's breasts are made up of fat--there is a reason skinny women tend to have small breasts!

I'm aware of that.  I would rather have small breasts and need to get implants than have voluptuous breasts and be overweight.  However, right now I have NO breasts. 

My body fat is in the ideal range I feel, but then again I could be wrong.

•  

Arch

Quote from: Vexing on January 12, 2011, 02:02:31 AM
I'm an A cup after 3 years of HRT, but definitely still growing.
One thing to be wary of when asking the breast sizes of MTFs is:
a) they tend to over-report their size
b) they often don't know how to measure their cup size properly

Vexing, I thought this was funny because I think that a lot of FTMs are like this, too! We think we're bigger than we are (horrors!), and a lot of us haven't got a clue what cup size we are.

Valerie, have you spoken to a trans-knowledgeable endocrinologist about this? Also, if you're using the usual height-weight charts without allowing for your natal body type, the calculations might be a tad off for you.

I was thinking something else...could sound pretty wild and could easily be just plain crazy. Cis women have a body-fat tipping point that determines whether they will menstruate. Girls who are underweight tend to have problems having a normal puberty. I wonder if it's possible that you are skinnier than you realize, and maybe you haven't reached the usual puberty tipping point that would signal your body that your breasts need to grow. However, you said that you get soreness, so it really does sound like your body is responding appropriately to the hormones--at least some.

Two years doesn't sound like much time, based on what I've read. But if you have no growth whatsoever AND there's nothing wrong with you, perhaps you could go for the smallest implants you would be happy with. I have a friend who got large implants after less than a year of HRT, and I worry that she is going to be very top-heavy and self-conscious in a few years.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

Debra

•  

Valerie Elizabeth

Quote from: Arch on January 21, 2011, 05:26:20 PM

Valerie, have you spoken to a trans-knowledgeable endocrinologist about this? Also, if you're using the usual height-weight charts without allowing for your natal body type, the calculations might be a tad off for you.

I was thinking something else...could sound pretty wild and could easily be just plain crazy. Cis women have a body-fat tipping point that determines whether they will menstruate. Girls who are underweight tend to have problems having a normal puberty. I wonder if it's possible that you are skinnier than you realize, and maybe you haven't reached the usual puberty tipping point that would signal your body that your breasts need to grow. However, you said that you get soreness, so it really does sound like your body is responding appropriately to the hormones--at least some.

My endocrinologist is pretty trans knowledgeable, and he says my weight is good for my height.

I had soreness for the majority of the time I've been on hormones, with the exception of a month during the first year, and then about two months after SRS.  Now about 2 or 3 weeks ago I stopped having soreness, so I don't know what to think. My aunt on my mothers side had (according to my mother) basically just nipples until she got pregnant, and my cousin (her daughter) is pretty much in the same boat.  My mom was the same way, except that her boobs stayed bigger after my birth.  So, I honestly can't see myself getting much in the boob department.

•  

trnsboi

Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on January 21, 2011, 05:06:19 PM
I'm aware of that.  I would rather have small breasts and need to get implants than have voluptuous breasts and be overweight.  However, right now I have NO breasts. 

My body fat is in the ideal range I feel, but then again I could be wrong.

You don't have to be overweight to have bigger breasts. When I went from 150lbs to 130lbs (I'm 5'5") I also lost about a cup size, from a D to a C. At 5'9" and 140 lbs you are at the tail end of the medical definition of "normal" (which is dubious because the medical industry profits from making people believe they are overweight and performing bypasses, etc). You could easily gain another 15-20lbs and still be considered normal weight. Plus, it would help you overall figure in terms of curves, if that is what you want.

Do you know what your body fat% is?

•