Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do any of you like any foreign songs?

Started by ~RoadToTrista~, February 27, 2011, 04:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NathanW

'Are you a moron?'
'I'm More-winning!'
  •  

NathanW

'Are you a moron?'
'I'm More-winning!'
  •  

ninjaboi

I like a few Japanese Bands and Singers. My favourite are a girl band called Perfume.

This is one of my fave perfume songs and videos.

•  

madirocks

Absolutely!!

Favourites; Sigur Ros, Alif Tree, and she

Other greats; Eluveitie, Keren Ann, Holden, Mum, Superbus, Afro-celt Soundsystem, Rinercerose, Royksopp, Stephane Pompougnac, T.A.T.U, Tosca, Mo' Horizons, Thomas Dutronc, Gaelic Storm, -M-, and Telepopmusik :)

Lol, I just noticed that most of my foreign artists are French. :)

Oops! I forgot "Air." Great french-duo.
  •  

JungianZoe

Quote from: madirocks on July 14, 2011, 05:58:31 PM
Mum

Foreign or otherwise, one of my favorite bands right there... ;)  Except their last two albums weren't all that hot.

Going way, way back, I'm a big fan of Françoise Hardy's 1960s material.  And the years that France Gall was on the Philips label were also pretty good (particularly the songs Serge Gainsbourg penned).
  •  

Sage

I love t.A.T.u (Russian), Tokio Hotel, Rosenstolz, Christina Stürmer, Lukas Hilbert (German), Eiffel 65 (Italian, surprisingly), Alizée (French), O-Zone (Romanian), Hyde, Utada Hikaru, Gackt, Dir en Grey (Japanese)....

....hmm...I might think of a few others later...
"Be whoever you are, but be loud. Be completely fearless when you do it. That's the big thing. Just be a fearless person. A fearless artist, a fearless accountant. Whatever you want to be." - Gerard Way, My Chemical Romance

私は死にかむ。
  •  

madirocks

Quote from: Sage on July 17, 2011, 11:39:06 PM
Alizée (French)

I just got a new computer and she wasn't in my iTunes library so I forgot her name. I love her music!

And Zoe, Finally We Are No One is my favourite album! :D
  •  

JungianZoe

Quote from: madirocks on July 18, 2011, 09:55:33 AM
And Zoe, Finally We Are No One is my favourite album! :D

It's one of my favorites too! ;D  The first Mum song I ever heard was Faraway Swimmingpool and I was immediately sucked in to their sound.  Then it was Green Grass of Tunnel, and within one week of hearing those two, I'd bought all of their albums and singles. lol  I'm kind of obsessive like that.  In any case, I spent at least 6 months of last year listening to Mum nonstop.
  •  

Nurse With Wound

My music library has stuff from all over the place, would be boring to just listen to music from your home country.
Scaring away, my ghosts.
  •  

Janet_Girl

Anything by Céline Dion.  She is not only beautiful, but she has a beautiful voice.

That you still love me
  •  

Maga Girl

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on February 27, 2011, 04:21:41 PM
The song that inspired me to make this post was "Imaginate" by Wisin & Yandel.  ;D

XDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't imagine that you like reggaeton  >:-)
Have you ever tried to dance it? LOL

Listen to this 

•  

foosnark

Oh do I.

Finnish folk
Swedish folk-rock
Irish Gaelic folk
Lots of Persian, Turkish, North African, Israeli music
Lots of EBM and Industrial, much of which is from Germany or Belgium
Lots of experimental electronic and Glitch, much of which is from Japan, Finland, Germany

...and I play taiko, which originated in Japan :D
  •  

Taka

i like most music, and i know songs in lots of different languages. japanese, dutch, chinese may not be too unusual, but i also know songs in tuvan (learned one from ayan-ool sam. you can find him on youtube), greenlandic, and even rarer languages
  •  

Padma

I've heard a few songs from America that I quite liked :).
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Pica Pica

Quote from: tekla on February 28, 2011, 08:27:19 AM
I'm a sucker for Japanese love songs, even though I don't know a lick of Japanese.

Reminds me of a friend of mine who says that opera tends to work best when you don't know what they are really saying.

Can't understand what they are saying when they sing in English.

I have a few albums in Welsh (because of my SFA fanness mainly) I like a few French stuff, some Serge Gainsbourg, I liked the guy who did the Belleville Rendezvous song, there is some very enjoyable Hungarian, Romanian gypsy stuff and I adore this cd called 'Flamenco Arabe" which starts fully flamenco and ends fully arabian and follows the journey from one to the other.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Taka

Quote from: Pica Pica on July 24, 2011, 09:38:14 AM
Can't understand what they are saying when they sing in English.
i have trouble understanding sung english too, so i didn't really like to listen to pop ballads and such. but then one day i realized i actually do understand when they sing in japanese, so now i often find myself listening to all the same types of songs i couldn't stand in english
  •  

Pica Pica

I always mishear american songs, the current one is, why is Beyonce singing about a Pterodactyl Penis?  (1.04-10)

Beyoncé - Best Thing I Never Had
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

tekla

For the same reason that lots of people thought that Jimi Hendrix was singing: 'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Natkat

I love it,
all kinds of languarges for me.
  •  

nogoodnik

I listen to music in all sorts of languages. Probably the main languages other than English that I have music in would be French, Japanese, Russian, and Ukrainian, but I know I also have some Icelandic, German, Spanish, Maori, Romanian, Italian, Arabic, Hebrew... I don't know, lots!
  •