Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Just been accepted onto HRT, using Albany in manchester, UK.

Started by RachelH, March 08, 2011, 12:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RachelH

Hey all, had my consultation today, and been accepted onto official HRT and professional care, pending blood results (but I should have no problem there). Feels really good to have the back up of professionals now, as playing with hormones seemed wrong.

Just thought I would let you know that the Albany clinic was exactly what I needed, with councillor, doctor and pharmacy all under one roof. I didn't particularly want to have to chase around with my own doctor to get things rolling.  I was really nervous about going in, this was my first time where it was obvious to other people of what I was, and there was nothing I could do about it; apart from not go.  I went as a male, and sat in a waiting room with a fair few other girls all presenting female, it wasn't long before some talking started and if felt REALLY good to listen and talk to them.

The staff was really friendly, and I can see myself using them throughout my transition all the way to SRS. Especially, seen they also handle all the little classes that us girls need, such as makeup and voice training. I'm really excited now! The future seems very bright, but just a little daunting!
  :)
  •  

rejennyrated

BLIMEY! The Albany clinic - is that still running?

In a way I was almost their first prototype patient - in that Stephanie Lloyd (now Booth) who later founded the Albany, provided me with some hormones on an informed consent basis, courtesy of a friendly doctor she knew.

About 6 months later I was postop, again all done on an informed consent basis. I didn't want, or indeed need counseling. (and before anyone goes on about the standards of care this was LONG before any of that guff had even been written... In some ways we had much more flexibility about things back then.)

Anyway on the back of my successful, if rather rapid, progress... Steph then founded the Albany to help others.

I dare say it is all a lot more rigorous (and expensive) these days!
  •  

RachelH

Wow, didn't realise you had connections to the beginning of it! Well if you want to know what the prices have got to I have the list in front of me! I still think it's going to be worth every penny.

I think a lot more rigorous is proberly the truth. Although, it seemed very easy for me, but I knew excactly what I wanted and what I was, so it cut out a lot of waffle time, plus I had already started self medication!
  •