Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Your Favorite Mens Jewelry

Started by Lee, March 08, 2011, 03:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee

I'm a huge fan of jewelry and am currently working on collecting more masculine pieces.  I love leather/silver pieces, mechanical watches, and more modern styles like these:

Do you guys like wearing jewelry?  If so what kind?
Oh I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love

A blah blog
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,365.0.html
  •  

Robert Scott

I am with you ... I like the same stuff...I haven't started collecting anything but I am sure my wife will start getting me some.  She has already started redoing my clothing -- now if she could only start using the male pronouns and such I would be a much happier man
  •  

Padma

Hey Lee, I really like that ring! Is it silver? It looks like turned coconut wood.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Padma

I'm a sucker for chunky rings, and for opals - so I was blissed out to find this in a shop in Glastonbury last year.

They call them black opals, this photo doesn't do justice the the blue-green dragoneye-ness of this stone :).
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Caldwell

Watches are the most commonly accepted male jewelry, but they just leave your wrists unbalanced.
The solution? Bracelets.
  •  

Padma

Just needs a nice chunky bracelet on the other wrist - "Thus is equilibrium maintained..." :)
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Lee

I think that particular one is damascus steel.  It's called mokume gane, where several metals are fused together.  It comes in all sorts of awesome patterns.

A blah blog
  •  

Padma

Lush!
(That means "gorgeous/tasty!" over here, not "you're a drunk!", by the way...)
Womandrogyne™
  •  

kyril

I like small/subtle jewelry, which (especially with my tiny hands) is super feminine, so I just don't wear any. I don't even wear a watch anymore, because in order to not look completely ridiculous I'd need men's watches to be scaled down to about 75% of their normal size.

If it didn't look stupid on me, though, I'd want this watch:
http://www.citizenwatch.com/COA/English/detail.asp?Country=COA&Language=English&ModelNumber=BM0194-53L

•  

tekla

>-bleeped-< my dad told me... and he actually said this on far, far more than just one occasion... Nothing says 'I don't work' like an expensive watch.  And I've found that to be true at least in this regard: pretty much no matter what it is your doing, your wrist is going to be heavily involved, so that it becomes the absolute worst place to wear something a) expensive, and b) that can get caught on stuff. 

It's that whole getting caught on stuff that doesn't appeal to me.  I love to look at jewelry but I'd never wear any.  It's kinda counter-indicated for an active lifestyle.  And it leaves tan lines.  Icckky.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

kyril

Well, the kind of work I did when I worked with my hands was dangerous enough that I couldn't wear a watch if I wanted to. Especially not a dressy watch with pins and links and little metal parts that could theoretically fall out; I was an aircraft mechanic on the flight line in the Navy, and jewelry mishaps could endanger not only me but our jets and our pilots (even small bits of metal can destroy aircraft if they end up in the wrong place).

Didn't stop me, or anyone else, from wearing what we wanted outside of work. I'm not the sort of person who always dresses like I just got off work and wandered straight to the bar in my greasy coveralls. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it wouldn't get me laid (as a woman or a gay guy...even gay military/workingman fantasies don't involve actual hydraulic fluid and jet fuel)

•  

Rock_chick

I have an absolutely amazing ring that in the shape of a chineese lion, with two small rubies set for the eyes, but it's a) quite large and heavy and b) doesn't fit properly as my fingers have shrunk.

I'm not getting rid of it though.
  •  

Lee

Helena, I'm sure you could get it sized.

I worked as a jeweler, so showing off your pieces at work was kind of expected.  The only thing out of the question was rings, as it is difficult to handle files/sand paper/etc without damaging them.

A blah blog
  •  

Espenoah

I love bracelets. Any bracelets really. Maybe it's effeminate, but I actively try to wear as many bracelets as possible. I want to get some leather ones, because those are my favorite.
"If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every closet door." -Harvey Milk
  •  

Lee

I don't think that's effeminate at all.  I know a lot of guys who wear grouped bracelets.

A blah blog
  •  

Espenoah

Really? I've only ever seen girls do it. And when I wear a lot of bracelts, people always make comments about it...
"If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every closet door." -Harvey Milk
  •  

Lee

Here it's mostly guys who do.  It's usually with more natural (hemp or leather) styles or large groups of the rubber bracelets, which I usually see on people with more of a punk style.

A blah blog
  •  

V M

Favorite? (several years ago) The fake Rolex watch I traded for Ozzy tickets (ounce of really good happy smoke) to a guy that had ripped me off for a few hundred $$$ a few months before  ::)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

GentlemanRDP

I'm a fan of anything even remotely steampunk in design as far as accessories and stuff goes. Goggles, Pocketwatches, Rings of metal, Belt-buckles made of watch-movements, and anything dripping in gears. Hell yes. Most of my jewelry and stuff is handmade and held together with E-6000.
  •