Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Official "You Look....Alright" Thread

Started by Pica Pica, May 21, 2011, 02:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ativan

Very...alright. I like your androgynous look. Not many come by it as naturally as your picture shows.
  •  

Phoeniks

^ Yay, thanks a lot! :) Nice to hear that my look has an androgynous feel to it. It's hard to notice when people around me still mostly think of me as a female.

And yea, I feel lucky to look naturally quite similar to what I feel I am. The biggest change for me has been to have the courage to show it and not trying to hide. :)
If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough.
  •  

kagenoir

Posting  random pictures of me. Sorry for the gratuitous posting of my  mug :X
"I am thou, and thou art I...
From the sea of thy soul, I come..."
  •  

Phoeniks

Hey there, kagenoir... I like your looks. Really versatile and cute :)
If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough.
  •  

kagenoir

Hiya there Phoenix,thanks for the compliment! You're totally rocking the natural androgynous look. The redhead looks awesome on you :D
  •  

Taka

you all look rather alright. or even good

in a good mood today, so i'm taking a chance and even using myself as my avatar
the color got me compliments today, obviously better than the white/pink i had before

edited because i changed the picture's url... only noticed now that it was gone
  •  

kagenoir

Taka,your hair colour's really,really nice. It gives you this cool,bad-ass look.
  •  

BlueSloth

*Looks at Taka*

Gah.. ok, it's about time I said something I've been thinking for a long time...

I get the point of the "You Look....Alright" thing, but "alright" is quite understated compared to the guy's "You look badass dude" thing and the girl's "You look fabulous darling" thing.  I hope it was intentional sarcastic understatement :)

EDIT:  you look badulous, dudeling :D
  •  

Pica Pica

Well 'fabulous darling' and 'badass' just aren't in my vocabulary, but 'alright' with a half nod and smile is.

It's not sarcastic, or even understated - it's just the others are too overstated and not fitting with me limey sensibilities.

From my recent photo shoot :)

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Pica Pica on October 31, 2012, 08:22:54 PM
Well 'fabulous darling' and 'badass' just aren't in my vocabulary, but 'alright' with a half nod and smile is.

It's not sarcastic, or even understated - it's just the others are too overstated and not fitting with me limey sensibilities.

The photos are so good that your wry Brit sense of humor comes through in the facial expressions alone.
  •  

BlueSloth

Ohhh, I get it... I kept thinking of it like the line in Thunder Road:  "You ain't a beauty, but eh, you're alright".

"Fabulous darling" and "badass dude" aren't in my vocabulary either, by the way.
  •  

kagenoir

If I have offended anyone with the poor word choice (badass),then I apologize.

@pica pica Your photoshoot looks alright.The book and glasses in the last photo were nice touches.
  •  

BlueSloth

Quote from: kagenoir on November 01, 2012, 12:06:15 AM
If I have offended anyone with the poor word choice (badass),then I apologize.
No, actually it was the opposite.  I was a bit jealous that the equivalent thread in the FTM section has a word that strong right in the title of the thread, and we don't.  LOL

But Pica Pica explained it and I get it now, so everything's ok.  Alright, even :)
  •  

Jamie D

Huzzah!
  •  

Taka

@blue: that was a pretty cool compliment

@pica: you look something i can't define in one word, but i quite like it. looking very alright there
  •  

hazelspikes

Some GPOYS from recent. Sorry about the bad quality.

Halloween with a mustache and a black eye from a friend in stage makeup.
[/url]
[/img]

Was feeling unusually feminine that day.

[/img]
With a laptop, my mounds of books, and history handouts, I could rule the world! Or, just think about my self-identity and help the world through being kind and teaching.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: hazelspikes on November 02, 2012, 01:50:15 PM
Some GPOYS from recent. Sorry about the bad quality.

Halloween with a mustache and a black eye from a friend in stage makeup.
[/url]
[/img]

Was feeling unusually feminine that day.

[/img]

Cute! You do look really young alright, nothing wrong with looking young. It's worked in my favor all my life and people still act flabbergasted and refuse to believe it when I say that I'm pushing 70.
  •  

hazelspikes

HAhah thanks. My mom says that I look like a middle schooler and that I'll be grateful for looking young when I'm older. And I don't mind looking young–I just have to dress really profesional for when I tutor at the high school or else I look like a student.
With a laptop, my mounds of books, and history handouts, I could rule the world! Or, just think about my self-identity and help the world through being kind and teaching.
  •  

kagenoir

Quote from: hazelspikes on November 02, 2012, 09:22:53 PM
HAhah thanks. My mom says that I look like a middle schooler and that I'll be grateful for looking young when I'm older. And I don't mind looking young–I just have to dress really profesional for when I tutor at the high school or else I look like a student.
Looking young can get a bit annoying though, like getting carded for buying mature materials.
  •