Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Official "You Look....Alright" Thread

Started by Pica Pica, May 21, 2011, 02:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taka

the fit? wouldn't have bothered anyone if it was a "neutral" color. i like it. anyone who can look good in clothes like that should wear them if they want to.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Taka on August 17, 2013, 01:14:43 PM
the fit? wouldn't have bothered anyone if it was a "neutral" color. i like it. anyone who can look good in clothes like that should wear them if they want to.

That was always my biggest gripe about men's color selections, always just blase` earth tones, greys and dark blues...blech! That's when I started shopping in women's tops, they don't have to be all femmy and frilly to look darned good on my androgynous frame. I recently found a seasonal clearance sale in the women's department, scoop-necked ribbed tank tops 97% cotton 3% spandex normally $19 each marked down to $7 each. I bought a dozen in various colors, they will fit in my limited androgynous wardrobe for several years. We don't have to live a drab colorless life!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Alice In Genderland on August 17, 2013, 01:24:37 PM
:embarrassed:

No in this case it actually is the fit.  Its all girl clothes except for the dress shirt.  And that's the problem she had with it.  Plus I'm wearing pink nail polish lol not sure if its that noticable.

Yeah it's a bit tight and the cap sleeves are girly, so she wants you to "man" up, but what do you want to do?

What attracts me about androgyny is that it is the truest expression of non-conformity. I recall the hippies, the yuppies, and everything before and after them where people wore their hair and dressed a certain way and claimed to be non-conformists while they struggled to look like each other, it was such a ridiculous assertion to make and I thought what fools human beings are! Androgyny is a pure expression of non-binary, non-conformity and it suits me as an individual. The other part for me is that unlike many, I enjoy catching the double takes through the corner of my eye as other's try to fit me into their mental gender box.
  •  

ativan

Quote from: Taka on August 17, 2013, 01:14:43 PM
I wear T-shirts that fit that tight. Lots of colors. Also lots of black.
I wear jeans and my camo cargo's pretty loose, although I do have some that are skin tight.
It's hard to find the length that I like without resorting to having larger waist sizes.

I have never had someone comment on the fit, unless it's a compliment of some sort.
Women's T's have a better fit, but generally are spendier than mens.
I see all kinds of men wearing tight shirts. Especially the more muscular show off's.
I see women wearing them loose. Does that seem masculine?

I must be pretty dense. I don't see anything feminine about tight clothes.
Could be, I don't care what people think of what people wear. I don't intentionally dress feminine.
It's Androgynous for the most part, probably more on the masculine side. I just don't really think about it.
I wear them for me, whatever I feel comfortable wearing. Isn't that what we all do?
I suppose I do briefly think about it, but that's like 2 seconds worth of caring about their opinions.
Most of how you look is in your movements or position when sitting or just standing.
That has so much more how people perceive each other.
Wearing a nice fitting dress does little good if you move like a man.
Dressing like a lumberjack won't make you look any more masculine than your movements.
*This sounds like a topic in the making. I don't recall one about it, as far as perceptions go.
Most days, it's just whatever is clean and the easiest to reach.
My dress shirts are the same kind of fit.
There is the MN staple of baggy clothes to wear over other clothes in cool or cold weather.
MN is pretty androgynous looking in the winter out in the country.  :D
Ativan

(Tight T's. Never a problem.)
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Alice In Genderland on August 17, 2013, 04:19:46 PM
Gotta love those femme lumberjacks!

I live in the Pacific Northwest where there is little difference in dress between men and women especially during the Fall, Winter and into Spring. Only during the Summer months do we see the feminine things begin to bloom in halter tops and short-shorts along with the flowers and we wonder, "Oh my, where did she come from?" She had really been there all the time in her jeans, T-shirt, hooded sweatshirt, tennis shoes and maybe a baseball cap.  :D ;D
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: Shantel on August 17, 2013, 04:38:17 PM
I live in the Pacific Northwest where there is little difference in dress between men and women especially during the Fall, Winter and into Spring. Only during the Summer months do we see the feminine things begin to bloom in halter tops and short-shorts along with the flowers and we wonder, "Oh my, where did she come from?" She had really been there all the time in her jeans, T-shirt, hooded sweatshirt, tennis shoes and maybe a baseball cap.  :D ;D

I'm a little further North than you and you definitely see that here too.  As soon as the snow melts, doesn't matter if its 33 degrees F, the skirts are coming out.
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

ativan

MN isn't that much different than out there. Pretty much the same thing.
  •  

Chris29

Me without makeup or anything lol:

And this is how I went out last time with some good friends to a goth/industrial scene part(they don't even know I m trans/andro :D):

Looks a bit extreme, but def was a cool night :)
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Chris29 on August 21, 2013, 10:37:41 AM

And this is how I went out last time with some good friends to a goth/industrial scene part(they don't even know I m trans/andro :D):

Total cutie Chris!
  •  

Bookworm

Quote from: Chris29 on August 21, 2013, 10:37:41 AM

I agree with Shatel you look great :)
  •  

Taka

i just cut my hair!
only had to ask my mom to straighten out that line in my neck. i don't have enough mirrors to do that myself.

let's see if this link works..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eika91rxfr66zio/short.jpg

it always feels good when i can look into the mirror and not see some strange witch.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Taka on August 24, 2013, 08:21:20 AM
i just cut my hair!
only had to ask my mom to straighten out that line in my neck. i don't have enough mirrors to do that myself.

[just wait a little, photobucket doesn't want to share my pics any longer. too popular it says]

it always feels good when i can look into the mirror and not see some strange witch.

I should have asked you to send me some clippings so I could spread them along with a little potting soil on my own head and get some of that thick mane you grow going as I have some rather sparse spots that could use some help.  :D ;D :laugh:
  •  

Taka

Quote from: Shantel on August 24, 2013, 09:10:34 AM
I should have asked you to send me some clippings so I could spread them along with a little potting soil on my own head and get some of that thick mane you grow going as I have some rather sparse spots that could use some help.  :D ;D :laugh:
if only that would work. i heard this story from someone who's currently wearing friendship hair, that she and her friends had cut their hair for a wig when a friend got cancer. she had really long hair before that, so after the friend got better, they added together all their hair from the wig and some fake hair to make some really long braids for this girl. she had enough of her own hair to attach the braids to. i think it's really cool that they recycles the dair instead of just throwing it away when it wasn't really needed any more.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Taka on August 24, 2013, 12:32:17 PM
if only that would work. i heard this story from someone who's currently wearing friendship hair, that she and her friends had cut their hair for a wig when a friend got cancer. she had really long hair before that, so after the friend got better, they added together all their hair from the wig and some fake hair to make some really long braids for this girl. she had enough of her own hair to attach the braids to. i think it's really cool that they recycles the dair instead of just throwing it away when it wasn't really needed any more.

I couldn't agree more, it's happening here frequently, and though I think the smaller shorn round heads of genetic females are often times just adorable, I do think the shared hair concept does alleviate the stigma of a woman dealing with chemotherapy and the resultant hair loss.
  •  

Taka

Quote from: Shantel on August 24, 2013, 12:38:19 PM
I couldn't agree more, it's happening here frequently, and though I think the smaller shorn round heads of genetic females are often times just adorable, I do think the shared hair concept does alleviate the stigma of a woman dealing with chemotherapy and the resultant hair loss.
how much nicer isn't it to get a wig made with some good friends' hair.
i already cut mine off, but i doubt it's wig quality with those hopeless curls.

i'll try a different link for the pic, tell me if you can't see it (posted it in my previous post as well. stupid photobucket..)
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Taka on August 24, 2013, 12:42:28 PM
how much nicer isn't it to get a wig made with some good friends' hair.
i already cut mine off, but i doubt it's wig quality with those hopeless curls.

i'll try a different link for the pic, tell me if you can't see it (posted it in my previous post as well. stupid photobucket..)

I like it, sorry Taka but you are adorable so you'll just have to live with it!  ;D
  •  

Taka

Quote from: Shantel on August 24, 2013, 12:44:51 PM
I like it, sorry Taka but you are adorable so you'll just have to live with it!  ;D
i won't mind it from you. but it's a little embarrassing when i hear that from young women... (i'm not a kid anymore, unless it's a grandma who's talking. sigh... and i know i'll be the same when i get enough years behind me, heh.)

you're looking pretty alright in that pic above. not that much too heavy.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Taka on August 24, 2013, 01:14:50 PM
i won't mind it from you. but it's a little embarrassing when i hear that from young women... (i'm not a kid anymore, unless it's a grandma who's talking. sigh... and i know i'll be the same when i get enough years behind me, heh.)

you're looking pretty alright in that pic above. not that much too heavy.

Figured I could get away with the complement since I'm older than dirt and besides I assume that we're buds by now anyway. Oh, and thanks for the nice complement, I've always been fighting my weight being kind of a chunkmeister, buut since I've put the drinking to rest and my penchant for chocolates and other sweets I expect to see an improvement with a little daily exercise and self control.
  •