Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

70's British children's TV query

Started by Padma, July 30, 2011, 02:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padma

I'm trying to help out a friend here - does anyone remember a British children's (teens) TV series from the 70's where the bad guys (or just weird guys, possibly in full-face crash helmets) would draw a chalk circle on a wall, and then step through it? (nothing to do with The Tomorrow People, we seem to have established :).)
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Devlyn

We had a similar trick on US television with the roadrunner and the coyote. The results were.......tragic.
  •  

Padma

Ah, but that was all done with paint :). I'm talking about real "actors" here...
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Pica Pica

I can't be at all helpful - but I can be unhelpful - magic crayons remind me of someone I desperately wanted to be...

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Padma

Womandrogyne™
  •  

Janet_Girl

•  

Padma

Well, that's set in the 70's but made this decade :).
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Padma

Quote from: Tracey on August 01, 2011, 09:30:14 AM
Land of the lost?

Um, that was a US TV show :) - this one was a British TV show.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Lisbeth

The Beatles did that in Yellow Submarine in 1968. But that was a cartoon also.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

Devlyn

Padma, it was such an excellent show I thought we may have shared it! Lisbeth, "I've got a hole in me pocket!"
  •  

Padma

Land of the Lost might well have been shown on UK tv, but the show I'm trying to identify was made in the UK with British actors/accents. A bit more detail, apparently the good guys were the ones doing the stepping through chalk arches (not circles) and wore black full face crash helmets.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Janet_Girl

•  

Padma

Hahahaha, I think it would take prolonged and strenuous effort to find a show more American than The Banana Splits ;D - Rosan Kobal!!!
Womandrogyne™
  •