Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A Bi-gender world...

Started by Anatta, August 25, 2011, 01:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::)  At one time or other we have all struggled with  the bug-bear of trans-people "Gender Identity" ...

Common outcomes = Depression, Family break-ups, Job loses, Rejection, Ridicule, Suicides...

::) So, if you could wave a magic wand and make everybody "bi-gendered" ...would you ?

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

tekla

Guess that's OK if you can only count to two.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Pica Pica

Bi-gender seems a very schizophrenic way of life, I seek unity in things, wouldn't want to have myself riven between male-ish and female-ish. Prefer to discount the idea of the opposites and unite 'em.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

tekla

I kinda like the old Star Trek formula IDIC - Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combination
  •  

VeryGnawty

Quote from: tekla on August 25, 2011, 10:48:09 AM
I kinda like the old Star Trek formula IDIC - Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combination

Speaking of Star Trek, this thread reminds me of that episode where a female-identified alien is discriminated against because her species "evolved" beyond gender a long time ago.
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

tekla

Well happily our species 'evolving' into anything is mute point, we're moving in the other direction, pedal to the medal, Thelma at the wheel.
  •  

Constance

Quote from: tekla on August 25, 2011, 11:01:12 AM
Well happily our species 'evolving' into anything is mute point, we're moving in the other direction, pedal to the medal, Thelma at the wheel.
zOMG that was funny.

But to answer the original question, No, I would not make this a bi-gendered world. I don't think that would really help.

Steph

Nope males and females are just fine with me.  Bi-gendered, how boring would that be?  But then the sex may be interesting and I guess if someone were to say "Go f--k yourself" one would be able to do it.
Enjoy life and be happy.  You won't be back.

WARNING: This body contains nudity, sexuality, and coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised. And I tend to rub folks the wrong way cause I say it as I see it...

http://www.facebook.com/switzerstephanie
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::) I guess I should give some kind of definition for folks to work with...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigender

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Constance

Quote from: Zenda on August 25, 2011, 03:38:46 PM
Kia Ora,

::) I guess I should give some kind of definition for folks to work with...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigender

Yes, that's what I thought you meant.

I still think that if the whole world were bigender, something would be missing.

xXRebeccaXx

First, let me ask you this, Would you want to live in a world where gender is non-existant?
Even in death, may I be triumphant.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: xxJuliaxx on August 25, 2011, 08:20:57 PM
First, let me ask you this, Would you want to live in a world where gender is non-existant?

Kia Ora Julia,

::) Why not? But I guess it would all depend on what you personally define as gender...

•  

Pinkfluff

Quote from: VeryGnawty on August 25, 2011, 10:58:59 AM
Speaking of Star Trek, this thread reminds me of that episode where a female-identified alien is discriminated against because her species "evolved" beyond gender a long time ago.

Yeah I remember that one, where her people thought there was something wrong with her because she wanted to be distinctly female.

Quote from: Zenda on August 25, 2011, 01:29:05 AM
So, if you could wave a magic wand and make everybody "bi-gendered" ...would you ?

If I could wave a magick wand with that kind of power, there are many better things that I would do...
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Pinkfluff on August 26, 2011, 12:28:38 AM

If I could wave a magick wand with that kind of power, there are many better things that I would do...
Kia Ora Pinkfluff,

::) Like what ?

•  

Pinkfluff

Quote from: Zenda on August 26, 2011, 12:36:48 AM
Like what ?

I knew someone would ask this =)

My first thought upon reading this thread was that if you had the power to alter people like that, you could just make them all more understanding and accepting. People wouldn't need to be "bi-gendered" then.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Pinkfluff on August 26, 2011, 01:17:41 AM
I knew someone would ask this =)

My first thought upon reading this thread was that if you had the power to alter people like that, you could just make them all more understanding and accepting. People wouldn't need to be "bi-gendered" then.

Kia Ora PF,

::) Good point...But why not go one step further and do away with the disorder altogether ?

•  

VeryGnawty

Quote from: Pinkfluff on August 26, 2011, 01:17:41 AM
My first thought upon reading this thread was that if you had the power to alter people like that, you could just make them all more understanding and accepting.

I was thinking more along the lines of:  waving a magic wand to give them the wrong body until they are all more understanding and accepting.

Then again, I have a particular notion of justice.  Everybody should be glad that magic wands do not exist, or I would turn this world into complete chaos.
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

SarahLynn

Nope.....because "not everyone keeps their genitals in the same place"  ;)
  •  

ativan

I can imagine a Androgyn future, instead. Less confliction. More fun.

Ativan
  •  

Ann Onymous

Quote from: Zenda on August 25, 2011, 01:29:05 AM
::) So, if you could wave a magic wand and make everybody "bi-gendered" ...would you ?

not just no but HELL NO!

Would not wish that hell upon anyone...
  •