1984 Apple ad turned into an Anti-Hillary Ad

Started by Brianna, March 05, 2007, 05:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brianna

Love it, love it, love it.

Vote Obama, says Brilala. Obey.

•  

Cindi Jones

I sorta, kinda, get the message.  More of the same ain't any different than what we've got now.  At least that's what they are trying to say.  But I don't think it is even a good effort Bri.

I wish that Barak's campaign hadn't done this.  I really do. He's just not like this.  It's pretty emotional and not terribly logical.  And it is extremely negative.  Big Bummer.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Brianna

Barrak didn't do it Cindy. A fan did.

I still agree with the message. America can't afford a leader as divisive as Hillary Clinton after 8 years of having a war criminal in office. Obama all the way.

Bri
  •  

kaelin

I'm slightly favoring Obama, but this (fan-spawned) ad does not suit him.  Because honestly, Hillary doesn't deserve this.  She hasn't been particularly innovative, but she's not responsible for the catastoph-k that that the Bush administration has created.

Let's keep it objective, please?
  •  

SusanKay140

Really, any campaign for President is going to be divisive, that is what politics consists of today.  It's, after all, between two mostly opposite points of view, ignoring the middle ground for the polarizing pandering to the extremes. Certainly in the past two decades it has become pretty nasty at times.  I haven't settled on a candidate yet, though I still believe Al Gore won. 

As for Hillary; divisive?  George Wallace was divisive.  George Bush and Dick Cheney are divisive (and worse).  All candidates are going to be divisive to a certain extent, certainly in electioneering, usually followed by the plea to join together for the country's good.

As for candidates video advertising, it's just like all other video advertising - I don't believe a word of it.

Susan Kay   
  •  

katia

Quote from: Brianna on March 05, 2007, 05:34:55 PM
Barrak didn't do it Cindy. A fan did.

I still agree with the message. America can't afford a leader as divisive as Hillary Clinton after 8 years of having a war criminal in office. Obama all the way.

Bri

i think she will carry 80% of feminist vote. bill's affair and her staying with him afterward will prohibit her from getting over 80% of the vote. hopefully feminists won't vote for her [because] she is woman. that would be like blacks voting for Barack Obama because he's black. i hope everyone listens and researches each of the candidate's positions and then decide.
  •  

Elizabeth

I might consider Obama, but there would have to be a reason.  I mean, I don't know anything about him or his positions on any of the issues. I know where Hillary is going to be on the issues. I know who her constintuancy is.

It's a question of whether or not more people will come out to vote against the first woman president or if more will come out to vote against the first African-American president. It's a close call, but let's face it, bigotry is going to play a part whether the media talks about it or not.

To be honest, I will vote for the democratic canidate that I think has the best chance of winning. I just want the Republicans out. Anything would be better than more of this war and the high gas prices, deficit spending and the life of young Americans that goes with it.

It's too easy to spend the lives and limbs of other peoples kids. When anyone says this cause is worth dying for, I wonder if they would be willing to give thier kids? And if so? How sad that is.

No, if we could have the same economy, respect in the world, and use of military that we had under Bill, I would be quite happy with that. I think most others would too.

Love Always,
Elizabeth
  •  

Brooke_NY

Team?

lol. There is no 'I' in team.

I would consider Obama, but I will NOT vote for Hillary. I've seen enough and don't trust her.

So far my favorite is Kucinich. I like Clark, too. And if Feingold threw his hat in the ring, I'd probably vote for him.
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Brooke NY on March 09, 2007, 10:08:21 AM
...I will NOT vote for Hillary. I've seen enough and don't trust her.

Brooke, I don't trust her either.  Like I said elsewhere, too much zig zag in her.  But I would vote for her in the general election, if she makes it there, against any republican.

Bev
  •  

Omika

Every presidential election ever has been like Aliens vs. Predator.

Whoever wins, we lose.

~ Blair
  •  

Jbutler

Quote from: Blair on March 13, 2007, 02:11:22 AM
Every presidential election ever has been like Aliens vs. Predator.

Whoever wins, we lose.

~ Blair

True... Sadly, the joke that circulate about changing the national symbol to the condom has some merit, after all, you may feel safe, but you're still screwed.

At any rate, I defiantely do not trust Clinton... Look at the health care initiative the woman came up with (and come to Tennessee in the US if you want to see what happens if you try and use it...)... Although, I agree with a previous poster, I have no idea where Obama stands on issues, so, let's hear him spit it out... I'd hate to have to vote Republican because Clinton is the best the Dems can offer (that will be the day we *know* America is dead...)...
  •  

Omika

Quote from: Jbutler on March 14, 2007, 09:18:44 PM
At any rate, I defiantely do not trust Clinton... Look at the health care initiative the woman came up with (and come to Tennessee in the US if you want to see what happens if you try and use it...)... Although, I agree with a previous poster, I have no idea where Obama stands on issues, so, let's hear him spit it out... I'd hate to have to vote Republican because Clinton is the best the Dems can offer (that will be the day we *know* America is dead...)...

You can do as you please, really.  I never vote for either bipartisan candidate, I consider it a waste of my vote.  I vote green party.  My candidate may never get elected, but at least I know I didn't participate in the fallacy.

Why aren't all political parties allowed at the presidential debates?  Why are candidates allowed to spend money or take donations in campaigns?  Why isn't every candidate, from every party, allowed equal representation and voice?  This is a democracy, right?  Right?  Am I right?  All men and women created equal?  Liberty and justice for all?  Keyword, all?  As in everyone?

I could go on and on, but the fact remains that the system is a steaming pile of goat **** sprayed with expensive cologne.  A corrupted, rotting load of bull dressed up with fancy words.  Washington does not work for anyone but the people with the most Washingtons.  Makes sense, though, right?

Let us continue to watch movies about plucky, unlikely homeless men who become millionares.  Let us continue to justify everything our government does, no matter how close it dances to complete fascism, with the completely convincing argument "at least it's not a dictatorship."

Right.  This guy is killing my children, brothers and sisters in the name of his bank account and disguising it as progress.  Progression?  Progression towards what?  Ultimate mother****ing oblivion?  Pathetic.  Abhorrent.  Disgusting.

You can take your republicans, your democrats, and shove them back into the depraved hole they both crawled out of.

There is no progress with cowardice.

~ Blair
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Blair on March 15, 2007, 02:38:37 AM
Why aren't all political parties allowed at the presidential debates?  Why are candidates allowed to spend money or take donations in campaigns?  Why isn't every candidate, from every party, allowed equal representation and voice?

Unfortunately it's because the kid who owns the football makes the rules.  And right now, the two major parties own the football.

This is a democracy, right?  Right?  Am I right?

Actually, no.  This is a republic.  A true democracy, such as ancient Athens, the people gathered and voted directly on the issues.  In a republic, the people elect the people who vote on the issues and therein lies the rub.  Our electoral system has become American Idol.  We elect the people who sound the best, who are the best looking, the tallest without ever really knowing what they stand for.  Or else we vote for someone who reflects our own views on a single issue without even reflecting on what effect that person will have on other issues.  The best example of the latter, single issue voting is Bush.  The religious right voted for him because he's as narrow minded and bigoted as they are and look what that got us.

Bev
  •  

LostInTime

Correct, we live in a Republic.  I am not sure when the "we are a Democracy" roots took place but they are inaccurate.  They used to teach the difference in my grade school social studies, guess that longer happens.

If the country ever devolves into a democracy, pack your bags and run.  We are a minority and would be among the first to feel the sting of mob rule.
  •  

Omika

Quote from: LostInTime on March 15, 2007, 09:23:26 AM
Correct, we live in a Republic.  I am not sure when the "we are a Democracy" roots took place but they are inaccurate.  They used to teach the difference in my grade school social studies, guess that longer happens.

If the country ever devolves into a democracy, pack your bags and run.  We are a minority and would be among the first to feel the sting of mob rule.

It's why I asked the question.  I wasn't exactly sure, nor did I care, to be quite honest.  Whatever it is, it doesn't work.

It's wonderful that you said these things, though.  I think it an amazing thing that "democracy" is the tastiest buzz word of choice when bent politicians want to justify their next big coup or bloodbath.  We're spreading democracy!

But it's a republic!  Amazing!

And I wouldn't really worry so much.  If this was a true democracy, and it was required that everyone vote and obtain an education on every issue at hand, we'd be fine.  The majority of people are sympathetic, actually.  Close-minded stupidity is going out of style.

It's more of a liability for a politician to openly ally with the religious right than with the LGBT community, you know.

This is all just petty to me, though.  People sit around in suits and debate political philosophies and governments and policies while the basic, fundamental rights of most human beings around the globe are being neglected and outright stripped away.  You see to your species, then you get to crunch numbers.

The next fat person driving an SUV that I see is getting their tires slashed.  Probably.

I am underwhelmed and unimpressed.

~ Blair
  •  

ChildOfTheLight

I support Ron Paul for President.  He's in the House of Representatives, a Republican from Texas who voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment, the "Patriot" Act, the war in Iraq, opposes the "War on Drugs", opposes "gun control", opposes the death penalty, doesn't "bring home the bacon", was opposed by the national Republican party in the last election but won anyway, and is just about the only member of Congress who will vote against a bill just because he believes the Constitution does not give the federal government the power to enact such a bill.

You probably don't agree with everything he believes.  I know I don't.  But I still think he's a much better candidate than any other candidate out there.
  •  

Brianna

Childoflight,

In my opinion, there might once again be a day where voting for a Republican, ANY REPUBLICAN,  could be a conscionable thing. It sure as FRACK is not right now.

There is good in this world, and there is evil. This is a party in the trall of Lucifer.They will tell any lie to seduce you, excuse any crime for their own end and don't give a frack about the soldiers being murdered in the Iraq War Crime.

Bri
  •  

tinkerbell

That was creepy!   :icon_nervious:

Lucifer.....do you believe in him spacekat?  Ironically, Lucifer means "bringer of light"...not exactly what you'd associate with evil or the devil.  Boo!

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Brianna

I do beleive in Lucifer, and I believe he likes to shoot people in the face with a shotgun while hunting.
  •  

ChildOfTheLight

Quote from: Brianna on March 15, 2007, 08:37:23 PM
Childoflight,

In my opinion, there might once again be a day where voting for a Republican, ANY REPUBLICAN,  could be a conscionable thing. It sure as FRACK is not right now.

There is good in this world, and there is evil. This is a party in the trall of Lucifer.They will tell any lie to seduce you, excuse any crime for their own end and don't give a frack about the soldiers being murdered in the Iraq War Crime.

Bri

Do not judge Ron Paul on his party.  He has opposed this war from the start, and continues to say that he would bring the troops home as soon as possible.  His many years of principled voting convince me of his integrity.

Unfortunately, there will be people who cannot or do not read past "Republican from Texas."  That will hurt the best Presidential candidate I have seen in my (admittedly rather short) lifetime.

Don't be one of those people.
  •