Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Give up your TV and stop being fed propaganda. I gave up mine many yrs ago and i

Started by Amazon D, December 02, 2011, 05:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbraCadabra

* There is hardly anything I would consider worth watching... *

Says it all for SA's DSTV at R 700-00 per month. Just trash for the brain challenged with FEW exceptions.

Axélle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

Julie Marie

I watched TV on Sunday.  In fact I was flipping back between two shows.  On one channel Tiger Woods and Zac Johnson were battling it out for first place in a tournament Tiger sponsors.  Tiger had gone winless since he hit that fire hydrant.

The other show was the (7-4) Bears playing the (4-7) Chiefs. 

Tiger won the tournament on the final hole with a birdie.  I don't think that was propaganda.

The Bears lost their second in a row since Cutler broke his thumb.  They got one field goal, that's it.  Now THAT was propaganda!
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Jayne

Quote from: saint on December 03, 2011, 04:22:08 AM
MainStream Media (I think)

+1 vote for getting rid of the TV - it frees up so much time and energy for better things.  And on the rare occasion there is something worth viewing you can find it free online anyhow :)

Plus it enables me to write very smug replies when the TV licensing slimeballs tell me I owe them money :D

Sorry to burst your bubble but the TV license laws were changed a few years ago to include PC's as they can pick up the BBC iplayer.

As for propoganda, only a muppet would believe anything the BBC say in their news, they are in the pockets of politicians who allow them to use the courts & re-write the law whenever a loophole is found, if the BBC report on something the MP's really want kept secret then their support could evaporate overnight. The BBC is the most untrusworthy news source in the western world.

End of rant
  •  

Amazon D

I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

Amazon D

If i were david and his family with their power and control i too would extract money from the people of the world from the control over the banks until the worlds population changes their wasteful greedy ways.. can't you see how determined david is in what he says.. That family is not going to allow the world be destroyed due to greed (and mankinds wasteful ways) which ironically is how they got power from greed and control of the banking systems..

we humans can't even agree of the kyoto principles of energy savings and greenhouse gas reductions..

I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

Jen61

Quote from: Amazon D on December 02, 2011, 05:03:43 AM
Give up your TV and stop being fed propaganda. I gave up mine many yrs ago and it freed me from even hearing republican or democratic Bull_Hit.

Stop going to the MSM and get your truths from we the people who are suffering the truth.

Keep supporting Occupy in every city and town.

Last of all go to http://www.the99declaration.org and sign up to be a delegate to your district so we can meet in **Phila Pa in july 2012** for our convention ... There we will vote on our grievences to bring to congress and if they are not acted on we will become our own party elected by the people

They can have my TV when they prey my fingers open. Wat is propaganda for you may be the truth for some of us, right ?
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Amazon D on December 06, 2011, 03:33:56 PM
we humans can't even agree of the kyoto principles of energy savings and greenhouse gas reductions..

The Kyoto protocols were a disaster.  Good thing they were not ratified by the Senate.

•  

Maya Zimmerman

Quote from: Amazon D on December 05, 2011, 04:12:34 AM
eeeegahd video games are the worst mind dumber downers ... sheesh people

and no one remarked about joing the www.the99declaration.org to make real changes in our goverment sheeshhhh  ::)

I must have been quite a genius to have so thoroughly enjoyed video games since I was a kid and been an avid smoker of marijuana through my 20s and yet still have my mind do what it does.  In what way exactly am I dumb?  Is it that I've read the 99 declaration and regard it as another ineffectual human endeavor for some to attempt to control a massive population's activities?  Is my regarding most of religion, government, and philosophy as the attempts of some to force their own subjectivity into the objective reality of all the thing that makes me dumb?  Is the fact that I am more devoted to being a parent than following purely academic pursuits the thing that makes me dumb?  Am I stupid for not being able to afford farm land or perhaps because my brain and body leave me better suited for office work than for farm work?  Is my recognition that I can potentially enjoy my life or struggle to "improve" the whole world, as though humanity itself and human endeavors are not themselves part of nature, only to find that good intentions have a way of back-firing, perhaps the thing that makes me so awfully stupid?

I may not be a great person and things may be less than ideal, but you needn't go around saying that people you don't know are stupid based on your own ideals.  It's reminiscent of something I'm less than fond of, but I can't quite place my finger on what it is... Must be all that short-term memory loss I suffer from.
  •