Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

"Don't make any sort of proclamation just yet."

Started by 4A-GZE, January 12, 2012, 08:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4A-GZE

I thought that by telling everyone I know, I would be free from all my doubts. So I just posted this Facebook status:

"Okay. So... Much like sexual orientation, gender is set along a spectrum, not two set points. By now, I feel confident enough to say that I'm definitely on the feminine side of said spectrum, though closer to the center than other transgender people. That doesn't mean I'd be a straight girl, though; as long as I'm coming out as one thing, I'm totally meant to be a lesbian as well. I'm 99% sure of these facts, and i don't care what you think."

Well, my parents talked about transgendered people who would cry as little kids because they didn't want their genitals, or who would always want to cross-dress, etc. They convinced me that my feelings aren't strong enough to warrant such a massive change. And really... That's fine. The part that's making me cry right now is that I thought I finally knew who I am. But I guess I don't. And it doesn't seem impossible that I never will.
Still, I can't stop thinking I would be happier as a girl. I guess I just don't absolutely despise my body like they think I need to, but I couldn't care less about it and I would like the other kind better. I think....
I'm just so confused about this all...
  •  

kelly_aus

I never made a big song and dance about things when I was younger.. OK, I did cross dress, but only in private, although I got caught once or twice.. That doesn't make me any more or less trans than anyone else.. I know I'm a woman. I've pretty much always known - I just found accepting it a little tricky..

You are the only person who can know what is right for you.. TBH, it seems like your parents are in denial - this is fairly normal though.. Do what you know deep down is the right thing for you, don't let others make the choice for you using spurious arguments..
  •  

Tazia of the Omineca

Psh just do it. You're a big girl.
I don't despise my body or my "junk" I just like being a girl.
It's comfortable for me. Don't listen to a 3rd party, 1st person is the only thing that matters in the end.

Just sayin'. You know throwing pennies.
  •  

Korra

I almost dont hate my penis or anything.  I just feel I'd be a lot happier as a girl, and that mindset is what is driving me to change.  I never played with dolls or anything like that as a small child.  People develop these feelings at different ages.
I may side with the angels, but don't think for one second that I'm one of them.
  •