Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Eyeliner substitutes?

Started by 4A-GZE, January 18, 2012, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4A-GZE

I have an almost fetish-like attraction to eyeliner, and I neeeeed to put some on myself. The only problem is I am too embarrassed to buy any, I can't get some in the mail because my parents will see it and I'll be embarrassed, and I don't know where my mom's is....
I tried an Expo marker, but it was a massive irritant. Is there anything that washes off easily, goes on solidly, and can be found lying around?
  •  

V M

You really should just go by an eyeliner  :)  Clerks at the store generally don't care

Eyeliners are made for eyes and experimenting with things like marking pens etc. will most likely be damaging to the sensitive eye tissue  8)  Please don't be risking your eyesight because you are too embarrassed to buy the right tool
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Wolfsnake

Seconded. Don't risk your eyesight by using unsafe materials or borrowing from other people (used eyeliner can spread germs and give you an infection). You can go buy some and tell the clerk it's for your girlfriend, or you can say it's for a costume or a stage production. You can also just dress all emo/goth/scene and no one will think anything of your eyeliner purchase. You might also try Safeway or one of the other shops that have automated check-out, so you don't have to interact with a clerk. Make sure to get some eye makeup remover (not regular makeup remover) too, so you can take it off without hurting your eyes.
  •  

Keaira

These are guys. they obviously have no fear of buying eyeliner. Even when I was a guy, I still bought my own.

If your parents ask, tell them its pretty popular with the guys these days. But markers, crayons and paint just wont do. Eyeliner.
Also, if you are too scared to buy eyeliner, how the heck are you going to step out in public with it on? or dress publicly as a woman? you have to step out of your comfort zone.
  •  

Joeyboo~ :3

Yeah, there are no substitutes for it.

Even when I presented as male, I bought all my cosmetics..

I know it's hard getting out of your shell, but its going to feel great when you finally buy it and put it on.
You'll feel a bit more confident to try more stuff out.
  •  

Tazia of the Omineca

Seems silly to not buy it, and if you're really not comfortable you could steal it, or ask somebody to buy you some.
You could get the little paint stuff Maybeline Eye Studio, that is the kind I like, and geisha used to use a certain kind of charcoal.
I wouldn't recommend charcoal I imagine it hurts to get in the eye, but use that rather than a marker, it's probably a lot better for you.
  •  

I was gonna recommend that ^ lol

If your local supermarket has self-service checkouts use those... buy the makeup alongside your groceries, no one will see. Or use ebay.
  •  

V M

Many grocery stores are adding self checkouts  :)  My local store has been going through an expansion/remodel and just added a couple of them this week and the store across town has had self checkouts for years... The only time anyone bothers is if you need help operating the automated system and generally no-one cares what your buying or why

But heck, I've gone right up to regular check stands and have bought all kinds of 'feminine' products  :)  No-one seems to really care

Sometimes there is a little chit chat, particularly with the gals... But mostly it's all about... Scan product  :icon_drdodgy:  collect amount due... Next!!!
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

AbraCadabra

Frankly people at the check-out don't care two straws, so long you pay.

Could be for your gf or bf, ha ha.

Just 'girl up' get it, check it out, give 'em a big smile, go home and apply.

Learning to apply nicely will take a bit longer, then learning to buy the stuff. Trust me :-)

Axélle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

4A-GZE

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I'm so embarrassed.... After all, I collect My Little Pony toys and carry them to the register with pride, along with the Hot Wheels I also collect and a spark plug or whatever else happens to be on sale that would look cool as a key chain or a necklace. xD
I guess you're all right. I should just deal with it. Maybe I'll grab some other stuff, too.

By the way, instead of making a new thread for this.... There's gotta be something more effective than taping wadded-up shopping bags to my chest under my shirt. :3 I just find it so much easier to see myself with realistic proportions.
  •  

4A-GZE

So I went to WalMart (which I DESPISE, but they have self check-out unlike Target), and I tucked into the cosmetics section when no one was near me, I grabbed the first eyeliner I saw (which turned out to be dark brown, not black like I wanted... I should have been more careful), and then I turned around to see a 40-something-year-old woman staring at me in disgust. But I bought it anyway and now I'm home. :D
  •  

Tazia of the Omineca

Throw things at people, best way to give them a reason to stare.
Or do the charleston!
  •  

4A-GZE

Throwing things is not very ladylike, my darling. So I'll do it, because gender roles can suck that thing that apparently makes me need to like football. :3

Anyway, I'm probably terrible at putting it on and I look awful regardless, but I took a picture anyway because it hardly looks as dark, thick, and sharp as I wanted...

By the way, that's a shadow under the one eye. I didn't leave a huge gap. It doesn't even really show up on the bottoms in this picture anyway.
  •  

Tazia of the Omineca

You should get a black twist crayon, and put a thin line on the bottom eyelid.
Like pull the eyelid down like a little kid does to make a face and put a thin line there.
  •  

V M

Something like this  :)  Goes on easier and has a more bold effect and rather than sharpening the tip you just twist it as needed

Almost every make up co. makes them

- V M
  •  

Tazia of the Omineca

Yay this person knows her stuff!
  •  

4A-GZE

That's exactly the same as the one I have, actually. Different brand and different color, but they're the same.
  •  

Tazia of the Omineca

I don't use make up often, only super black Liquid eyeliner to design eyebrows.
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-c9aHRKvQYNo/TwyCM4fuZmI/AAAAAAAAAS8/_RA4RDIiOWo/s1600/f64112ec47a53b69_Maybelline-Eye-Studio-Gel-Eyeliner.jpg[img]
I use this for eyeliner though. I use that kind sometimes if I am going for a more striking appearance.
  •  

V M

Quote from: Lyra Dash on January 21, 2012, 07:07:44 AM
That's exactly the same as the one I have, actually. Different brand and different color, but they're the same.

Some brands are made better than others  :)  But allot of it has to do with application and technique which can take a while to learn

Try a few different brands and types of eyeliner  :)  I've known gals that won't use anything other than Kohl eyeliner pencils, other folks who use a combination of eyeliners to achieve the look they're after

Watch make up videos and practice  ;)

- V M
  •  

J R D

I prefer gel eyeliner and an angled brush. Easy to use and good control, at least for me.  I don't tend to blink in the middle of application with that either as I can do a really light touch with it.
  •