Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Getting in straight clubs as newly transitioned

Started by Alainaluvsu, March 25, 2012, 11:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alainaluvsu

I don't go out often, but when I do, I like going to straight clubs more than gay clubs (I get more looks at the straight clubs than gay clubs). However, my DL picture was taken before I started HRT and before I transitioned (which I'm only part time in transitioning. I look quite a bit different now for 1, but for 2, the obvious worry is they'll see a girl in front of them but ... a guy on the ID. Has anybody had to get around that before? My license isn't due for renewal for another 3.5 years. Maybe I should just get an ID card?

What's everyones experience in this?
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

•  

Jeneva

Can you just ask for a replacement license?  I know in TN there is a set process to allow for a new license to be issued (with the same date).
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

Alainaluvsu

I'm not sure. Louisiana *I think* doesn't allow it unless you change name, addresses, gender, etc.

I was thinking about it, and I may ask for an ID card instead.

•  

Stephe

Quote from: Alainaluvsu on March 26, 2012, 07:12:03 AM
I'm not sure. Louisiana *I think* doesn't allow it unless you change name, addresses, gender, etc.

Just tell them you lost it. There isn't anything illegal about losing one :)
  •  

JenJen2011

Quote from: Stephe on March 26, 2012, 07:45:44 AM
Just tell them you lost it. There isn't anything illegal about losing one :)

+1

If not, then just say f"ck it and use your current ID like I did when I first started transition.
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

Alainaluvsu

Well the thing is... I'm not presenting full time. I may need that male ID if I get pulled over or go somewhere presenting male.

•  

Stephe

Quote from: Alainaluvsu on March 26, 2012, 08:07:45 AM
Well the thing is... I'm not presenting full time. I may need that male ID if I get pulled over or go somewhere presenting male.

It's why you tell them you lost it... You will end up with 2. If there is a problem with having 2 of them for some reason (I'm not up on all the current ID's and how they are recorded/bar codes etc), just go get a state ID card with a different picture on it. I would not use your present drivers license as "id" when you go to get it tho, they might not like you having a different picture on one than the other..
  •  

Jeneva

Quote from: Stephe on March 26, 2012, 01:42:17 PM
It's why you tell them you lost it... You will end up with 2. If there is a problem with having 2 of them for some reason (I'm not up on all the current ID's and how they are recorded/bar codes etc), just go get a state ID card with a different picture on it. I would not use your present drivers license as "id" when you go to get it tho, they might not like you having a different picture on one than the other..
Be careful with this.  You will likely have to sign something saying it is lost and lying on a govt form isn't really a good idea.  I know I had to present my old license when my name changed and they punched a hole in it. 
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

Alainaluvsu

Quote from: Stephe on March 26, 2012, 01:42:17 PM

Good idea... I was gonna do this! Til Jeneva shot it down :(

•  

Bird

Can't you change the ID picture to something a bit neutral?
  •  

Jeneva

Quote from: Alainaluvsu on March 26, 2012, 04:49:54 PM
Good idea... I was gonna do this! Til Jeneva shot it down :(
http://www.dmv.org/la-louisiana/replace-license.php

You can get a replacement.  It is up to you if you want to try and keep your old one.
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

Alainaluvsu

•  

Tammy M

Just get a new ID card with your updated picture on it.  I haven't gotten a new one since I began transitioning but I will this summer at the time of my birthday even though the licence is not up for renewal.  I called the NCDMV that issues my licence and asked them if I could come in and have an updated ID with a new picture as my appearance has changed.  They said it would be fine to match the government photo ID with a picture that reflects how you look noweven if its in your "guy mode" you probably look different now.
http://tammyworld2012.blogspot.com/

tammy.matthews.7@facebook.com

•  

Rabbit

Heehee, I had this problem at the airport the last time I had to fly.

The guy was checking my ID and ticket... looked at me... then said just a minute as he called over another TSI person. I was just grinning the entire time going "Is there a problem? What, is it the longer hair that is throwing you?"

•  

Jamie D

Quote from: Alainaluvsu on March 25, 2012, 11:30:31 PM
I don't go out often, but when I do, I like going to straight clubs more than gay clubs (I get more looks at the straight clubs than gay clubs). However, my DL picture was taken before I started HRT and before I transitioned (which I'm only part time in transitioning. I look quite a bit different now for 1, but for 2, the obvious worry is they'll see a girl in front of them but ... a guy on the ID. Has anybody had to get around that before? My license isn't due for renewal for another 3.5 years. Maybe I should just get an ID card?

What's everyones experience in this?

•  

Cindy

Jamie D,

I thought the TIS would try to question you.
' Now doll, what does a Grecian earn'

Sorry plastered.

I was just marbling at my pun.

I'd better frieze right there.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Cindy James on April 10, 2012, 03:52:00 AM
Jamie D,

I thought the TIS would try to question you.
' Now doll, what does a Grecian earn'

Sorry plastered.

I was just marbling at my pun.

I'd better frieze right there.

That one knocked the air right out of me. ::)

Plastered??
Marbling??
Frieze??

Have you been drinking?
  •  

Cindy

Your avatar,
I got carried away with the comments of what would happen if you showed your avatar as ID.

:embarrassed:
  •  

Cadence Jean

I like the idea of "losing" your license, and switching between depending on how you are presenting.  I didn't think to do that, it's a great idea - though I never ran into any issues using girl pic'ed license in guy mode or vice versa prior.  I really don't see how you can lose with this one - they'll never know that you didn't legitimately lose your boy pic license.
to make more better goodness

I have returned to recording on TransByDef!  Watch us at: https://www.youtube.com/TransByDef
  •  

JessicaH

You can also ask for an ID that is not a drivers license and just dress as fem/andro as possible for the photo. Or just do the same for the DL.  If you give your old DL  to a cop and he says anything, just say you found after getting a replacement and didn't think anything of it. Just be careful since louisiana cops (especially city or parish) can be a real pain in the ass. I know some cool ones down in Cameron area but they may not be so cool if they didnt know me or remember the thousands that I've paid them..     
  •