Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Cheese or Chocolate?

Started by Alexis, May 10, 2012, 06:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexis

My apologies for not being able to come up with a clever title, my creativity lies elsewhere clearly :P
Ok...so this is one of my favorite questions about food. To me, it seemed so easy, but then I really started thinking...

If you had to choose, for the rest of your life, between either Cheese or Chocolate, which would it be?

First I thought I would give up chocolate, because, hey, although I love chocolate, I mean it's cheese. Behold it's power. But then I really started to think about it...and all of the things that it would mean giving up if I chose cheese. I realized that chocolate was the clear winner for me at the end of the day. It would be torture to go without things like torta del casar or even just a simple slice of pizza, but pure chocolate is king of the aphrodisiacs for a reason. That and chocolate covered bacon

Anyway, thought I'd pose a fun little foodie question for everyone  :D
  •  

Sephirah

Cheese.

Chocolate makes me nauseous. It's revolting (to me, anyways).

That being said... what kind of cheese? The only kind I don't like is blue cheese. Eating mold just doesn't do it for me, lol.

So yeah, I could happily forego chocolate for a life of cheese-based goodies. :)
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Shang

Cheese. :3

I'm not a fan of chocolate all of the time.  I like it, but can only eat so much.
  •  

Devlyn

Making us choose cheese or chocolate? I'm gonna go check the site rules, you might be in big trouble! Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

King Malachite

Probably cheese

but why not a chocolate cheesecake forever?
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

Omg cheese!!!!! <3 I think I can live without chocolate, lolz.
  •  

Beth Andrea

I'd have to give up chocolate. I mean, it's great for a mental orgasm, but without cheese...

No (good) pizza. No "stuffed crust" (tm) pizza.

No cheese omelets.

No cheese on spaghetti, shepard's pie, broccoli.

No cheese chunks in pasta salad.

No cheese on a baked potahto.

...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Alexis

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on May 10, 2012, 07:23:49 PM
Making us choose cheese or chocolate? I'm gonna go check the site rules, you might be in big trouble! Hugs, Devlyn
I'm sorry! ;D

Quote from: Beth Andrea on May 10, 2012, 08:33:54 PM
I'd have to give up chocolate. I mean, it's great for a mental orgasm, but without cheese...
All true, but, no chocolate means...

No S'mores and Hot Cocoa next to the campfire
No Cafe Mocha in the mornings
No Oaxaqueña Mole
No Chocolate Chip Cookies, or cookie dough for that matter

Either way it measures up to a sad existence
  •  

RachaelAnn22

•  

Jeneva

But look at how many calories you could save if you cut out cheese and kept good chocolate.

No way am I giving up my chocolate! And I don't think you want to try and take it either :icon_2gun:
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Devlyn

I just had a vision: The Grilled Chocolate Sandwich! Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: Alexis on May 11, 2012, 01:58:55 PM
I'm sorry! ;D
All true, but, no chocolate means...

No S'mores and Hot Cocoa next to the campfire Don't like S'Mores; I'll sacrifice hot chocolate for a cheese and bacon omelet
No Cafe Mocha in the mornings Don't drink coffee, fancy or plain
No Oaxaqueña Mole Wut de fook is dat?
No Chocolate Chip Cookies, or cookie dough for that matter One word: Butterscotch Oatmeal   :)

Either way it measures up to a sad existence

Cheese makes one happy.    :)

Or constipated, depending on how much one eats at one sitting....
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Elijah3291

I love cheese, I really do.  its great in meals and on crackers.  But I cannot live without chocolate.
  •  

V M

Arrrrrgh!!! You must be some kinda taste bud terrorist!!!! Now I'm craving chocolate covered cheese  :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ffern

Quote from: V M on May 13, 2012, 02:18:02 AM
Arrrrrgh!!! You must be some kinda taste bud terrorist!!!! Now I'm craving chocolate covered cheese  :laugh:

:o i was just about to say that!  it sounds better than profiteroles dipped in salsa dip! (which are scrummy)

Choosing betwixted the two? trying to decide hurts my head.. I mean chocolate, well, theres cake, and biscuits and all the different flavours mint orange fruit and nut, and even american chocolate is sorta addictive, even if it tastes awful,  but then cheese, oh cheese my love :embarrassed: .. er I mean well theres cheese sandwiches, cheesecake, philadelphia, ommlette, on cocktailsticks at parties, edam, chedder, pannis , cheese is what i eat when i cant be bothered to make proper food, or thats fun out -  there is always cheese ... i suppose it would have to be cheese due to that.  but I would have the scientists woring on the cheese based chocolate substitute! ;D
"I decided that I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. I kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."
  •  

Marion

I would have to choose cheese. It's so much a part of my daily diet. And I've had good experience with some chocolate substitutes. I think I could go without on that front.  8)
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: V M on May 13, 2012, 02:18:02 AM

http://www.carrvalleycheese.com/artisanal-and-american-originals-cheeses/goat-milk-cheeses/cocoa-cardona.html

Cheese covered in cocoa powder. Sounds hideous. Ick.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

ffern

"I decided that I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. I kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."
  •  

V M

I was thinking more on lines of the next fondue craze  :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •