Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

"God Doesn't Make Mistakes"

Started by King Malachite, May 20, 2012, 08:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazon D

BUT ALAS WHAT IS GOD

God is love
love is God
so i make
a resting place
in my heart
for LOVE/GOD

I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

AbraCadabra

Quote from: SarahM777 on May 21, 2012, 01:44:21 PM
Axelle,

I am not sure but this may be the verse you may be thinking of.

1 Corinthians 10:12-14

12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! 13 No temptation[c] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[d] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[e] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Thank you dear!

Exactly what I was refering to.... "...And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

1 Corinthian 10:12 - 14 :)

Axelle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

SarahM777

Quote from: Axélle on May 22, 2012, 05:48:58 AM
Thank you dear!

Exactly what I was refering to.... "...And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

1 Corinthian 10:12 - 14 :)

Axelle

Your welcome.

This passage has helped me far more than any other on this

Romans 8:18-30
New International Version (NIV)

Present Suffering and Future Glory

18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that[h] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God.

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Now while this does deal with the body there is a second part that is just as important if we are seeking a life that brings glory to His name  and that deals with our mind

Romans 12:1-3

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is —his good, pleasing and perfect will.

That then bodes the question if my body is to be a "living sacrifice" is it going to be acceptable in His sight if I am doing something with it that is not in His will for me?
Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard.

Be positive in the fact that there is always one person in a worse situation then you.

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

justmeinoz

If she is going to be as obnoxious as all that have you told her you are leaving the Church because of her attitude? 
Or that you have realised that a belief in sky pixies is rather silly for adults, and you are now an atheist?

Karen.

"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

luna nyan

It's midnight here and I just don't have the energy now to delve into this too deeply, but a few things:

1.  Thank you to everyone for keeping it civil to date and not turning this into a religion bashing thread.
2.  Your sister cares about you Malachite, but she has her world view regarding LGBT matters - they are all under the same umbrella in her eyes.  Some will differentiate between sexual identity versus sexual preference.
3.  I don't believe in my readings that there is anything specific regarding transgender in the bible other than Deuteronomy 22:5 regarding cross-dressing - but that is in reference to pagan rites of the area which the Israelites were about to settle.  You can argue all you want regarding eunuchs though =)

Regarding God does not make mistakes (based on bible):
1.  If you believe in the bible He does not.
2.  The world we live in is fallen due to sin, and that has caused all the problems (insert your gripe against God here) - prior to that the world was good but not perfect.

Following that argument, being trans is not because of God making a mistake, but as a result of the current state of the world (sinful and therefore not good, not perfect).

Dealing with the trans issue then boils down to your theology.  Theologically speaking - is your gender determined by your actual physical body/sex chromosome, your brain, or is it your soul?  Dependant on your point of view, then your interpretation of transgender in the bible will vary.
Drifting down the river of life...
My 4+ years non-transitioning HRT experience
Ask me anything!  I promise you I know absolutely everything about nothing! :D
  •  

King Malachite

Hey everyone I wanted to thank everyone for your comments.  So far the hardest part about going through this is rewiring my brain.  I would believe that God would punish me on the operating table if I went through the surgeries and transitioning.  I know my sister cares for me but I also know how I feel.  I told her that I could feel closer to God when I feel more aligned with my body and she pretty much told me that the "I" kind of thinking is selfish which is actually VERY selfish to say on her part.  She even rejects what therapists would say because they are secular with their information and not working in the spirit realm   At that point I felt like she was coming at me with a double edged sword.  Like it was mentioned I just can't win with her.  At the end of the day I can't live for her or anyone else for that matter.  My spiritual path is different from hers just like everyone elses and not all pastors interpret the Bible the same.  She has her vision of what's right and wrong.  I'm working out that God loves me and he wants me to be happy.  That is the main thing.  I have spent my whole life so being miserable. 

Like I said earlier I view this as a birth defect and like almost any birth defect it needs to be corrected.  I wouldn't tell someone who was born with missing or deformed limbs or whatever may be the case that God doesn't make mistakes and that they need to accept who they are and now get their defects corrected.  Why would God want to deny me my happiness?  why would he want to deny ANYONE happiness?
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

gennee

Malachite, God doesn't make mistakes. You know that you are trans. There's a sticker in my bible that says God Made Me Trans. I'm sorry that your sister feels the way she does. Don't be discouraged. Educate yourself about transgender topics. You have a sense of who you are and that's great. You Do NOT have to live a life that you weren't meant to.
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •