Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A new social norm? Do YOU, pick your nose?

Started by Catherine Sarah, June 29, 2012, 12:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you pick your nose

Yes!! Damn straight I do
33 (94.3%)
No. Wouldn't be caught dead doing it. And leave mine alone
3 (8.6%)
Undecided.  Not too sure where mine is.  Can someone please point
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Catherine Sarah

Since Cindy got her brand spanking new nails. I've discovered a little know social norm  -  of EPIC proportions.

Just sit in traffic on a normal day, and see how many people surreptitiously pick their nose to idle away those long hours in congestion, and you'll see what I mean.

So! Is this practice rife within OUR family here??

Enjoy (and STOP picking your nose) Remember what your Mother said!!

Huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Devlyn

"Do you pick your nose?" <quickly removing finger from nose> Of course snot! <flicking incriminating evidence off finger> Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

SourCandy

.-. NEVER! .... >....> Yes..... I've tried to stop and not do it as much...
  •  

Sephirah

Do I pick my nose?

Hmm...

Yup.

I want that one.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Cindy

I heard that Catherine Sarah picks her nose with her elbow
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Quote from: Cindy James on June 30, 2012, 12:50:39 AM
I heard that Catherine Sarah picks her nose with her elbow

I wish you'd stop looking at me through the bathroom window and give me some privacy in my hour of need.  :laugh:  :laugh:   After all I have a legitimate reason. I have a cold. 
Me the :angel: you the  >:-)

Huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

No. I was born with it.  Never got to pick mine out. 

Oh you mean placing a finger in the nares.  No. <removes finger>.  That is gross.  <places finger in mouth>

hehe.  Actually yes, but not in public.  And I also use a Q-tip.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Pica Pica

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Joelene9

Like my sister says: "You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose!"
  Joelene
  •  

Devlyn

You have to pick and chews your words carefully in this thread. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jamie D

It is not an accident of nature that one's fingers are approximately the same size as one's nostrils.

I shall say no more.
  •  

Amazon D

Imagine a big giant crusted ball of nose pickings.. yes some people have collections like that they have saved their picking for yrs and decades ..

noo not me..

i like to throw water up there and blow.. its like a complete wipeout

mine gets tons of dust up there for some reason and every morning i blow out a big old wad

Everybody is doing it, doing it, doing it
Picking their nose and chewing it, chewing it, chewing it
They think its candy but it's not, it's not, it's snot!
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

Catherine Sarah

Quote from: Joelene9 on June 30, 2012, 04:41:41 PM
  Like my sister says: "You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose!"
  Joelene

Ooorrrr ?? Why not? What are friends for?

Huggs
Catherine

•  

Catherine Sarah

Quote from: Jamie D on June 30, 2012, 05:33:44 PM
It is not an accident of nature that one's fingers are approximately the same size as one's nostrils.

I shall say no more.

So. Please explain the mutation as to why we have 10 fingers and ONE nose, albeit with, two, nostrils.     ;D   :laugh:

I patiently await the outcome on this deliberation.

(Me thinks I created a monster)

•  

V M

Saying you've never picked your nose is kinda like saying you've never masturbated, but most folks just don't do it in public  :P

One of my neighbors is a chronic nose picker, he sits in the lobby of the apt.s and not only picks his nose but he also picks at his skin, sticks his fingers in his ear and then will put all his fingers in his mouth... Then he wipes his hands on the furniture and fiddles about with the light switches, thermostats and other things  :P

Needless to say I avoid touching anything in the lobby
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

PrincessKnight

Quote from: Catherine Sarah on June 30, 2012, 09:25:10 PM
So. Please explain the mutation as to why we have 10 fingers and ONE nose, albeit with, two, nostrils.     ;D   :laugh:

I patiently await the outcome on this deliberation.

(Me thinks I created a monster)

Variety is the spice of life, after all...

And I can't help but notice you neglected to add in the toes. I can't be the only one...
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Quote from: PrincessKnight on July 01, 2012, 01:48:53 AM
Variety is the spice of life, after all...
And I can't help but notice you neglected to add in the toes. I can't be the only one...

WOW. Thanks princess Knight. Never really thought of it. Maybe I'm not ambidextrous. And apart from that, the profile of my toes don't conform to Jamie D's biological template.

Thank you for your precious outlook on such a hidden social norm. It really is of epidemic proportions

Huggs
Catherine

•  

Devlyn

The "Snot Rocket" technique is much more sanitary! Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on July 01, 2012, 07:17:37 AM

Oh yuck!  That is so gross!

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on July 01, 2012, 07:17:37 AM

My dearest Devlyn,
I'm eternally indebted to you for taking this, what appeared to be a hidden social norm of epidemic proportions, to an all time new dimesion.

As I come from a humble middle income, Private school North Shore society, I was obviously raised in a protected family environment that excluded me from a more challenging down to earth experiences not including your "Snot Rocket" backyard sciences.

So I may have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, would you be so kind as to elaborate on this unique method of reducing body wastes?

Thanking you in advance for being able to express this educational phenomenon, so I may experience its joy and delights; perhaps.

Be safe, well and happy
Lotsa huggs
Catherine   

•