Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The world's most perfect religion

Started by Cindi Jones, June 04, 2007, 12:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindi Jones

If you had your say... what would it be like? 

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Danelle M

well, for me its the beliefs of my ancestors from Scandinavia, The Norse Men, Vikings what ever you want to call them. There is no "Holy Book" its basically a spiritual thing. All my power and strength comes from with in me and the people I surround my self with. I guess you can say I am Pagan, not Neo-Pagan...
  •  

Kimberly

In my opinion there is no such thing. Humans are incapable, to be blunt.

But a 'really good' religion would have ample amounts of truth with no partial truth; no advertised interpretations, etc.

Um, an that is all that is needed really.

The whole point of a religion is to listen to your deity.

But I am also presuming that there is tolerance and equality in this mix too but I'd think that depends on the deity in question... ;)
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Jeannette on June 04, 2007, 05:29:43 PM
Catholicism!

:icon_paper: What about the Spanish Inquisition, Jeannette? :icon_paper:

The most perfect religion:  Tinkerlicism :icon_evil_laugh:

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Renae.Lupini

•  

Cindi Jones

Here's some things that I'd like:

Personally, I think it would be great if god would step in from time to time and clarify his position instead of letting humans do it for him. 

I'd like to see a priority to DO good works instead of continuously castigating sinners.

I'd like to see a voice of reason where science is concerned.

Wouldn't it be swell to have a talk show with god?  People could call in and ask timely questions.

Smiting hasn't been seen for hundreds of years.  There are some real nasty people in the world that god could smite.... turn them into pillars of salt sort of thing... or at least give them some boils.  I can see Bush on the tube with a big boil on the end of his nose.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Elizabeth

Hi everyone,

I would want a religion where first of all, the creator makes itself known to all, with some type of presence that is undeniable. A clear set of rules that do not forbade our human instincts such as sexual gratification, our desire eat and protect our offspring. Rules that clearly define what is acceptable and what is not. A religion where no human is placed above another, such as clerics, kings, popes, or any other religious leader. A religion that focuses on the advancement of mankind, yet allowing for self destruction if one chooses that path. Rules that focus on not harming others but allow anyone to not follow the rules, as long as they are willing to pay the price, which is clearly defined and undeniable. A religion that does not focus it's attention on guilt and shame as a means of controlling people. A religion that rewards good behavior, which also is clearly defined.

Love always,
Elizabeth
  •  

The Middle Way

Buddhism is the most attractive to me, because it is built on an ethical consideration for all stuff, but is instructive towards not identifying with your stuff.

tmw
  •  

Jessica

The religion that eliminated the belief in 'I' as a seperate and distinct entity from the whole.
  •  

Rachel

For me, i have belief in that which created me and gave me shelter and food......mother earth, gaia, whatever you wish to call her.  I am just purely spiritual.
  •  

ErickaM

I think the perfect religion is not a religion but a relationship with God the Father through His Son Jesus.  I don't mean what the organized Christian Church has become but that in which Jesus.  The total love and acceptance of all people no matter what.
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Cindi Jones on June 04, 2007, 12:58:10 PM
If you had your say... what would it be like? 

I'd provide an environment that would encourage and aid everyone to find their own personal connection with divinity, and enjoy each and every expression of the same. It's not so much WHAT they find that I'd care about, it's that they felt inspired to take the journey in the first place. That they'd truly SEE this world, the magic and wonder of it all. No rules. No commandments. No holy books. Just love, and a deep appreciate for the beauty and irony of all... THIS. Right now. Right here.

~Kate~
  •  

The Middle Way

Quote from: Jessica on June 05, 2007, 02:48:46 PM
The religion that eliminated the belief in 'I' as a seperate and distinct entity from the whole.

I might ask, whence unity, when the <I> is separate and distinct, from the whole?

Which kinda eliminates the 'if I had my say', per the topic's title, in such stuff.

tmw
  •  

Jonie

I always thought it would be nice to belong to the Unified Church of the Professional Musician
  •  

katia

i admire nothing about "religion" but i do admire people who have altruistic, kind, loving minds, and minds that use logic, and strength enough to speak up for what they believe in.
  •  

The Middle Way

The World's, nay the Universe's, nay all the possible Universes' most perfect religion is the Music, emanating from the Big Note, the harmonics that the Ultimate Fundamental continuously generate, throughout space and even not-space.

The rest is all talk, I think.

nota
  •  

Pysgod

You should all tremble upon the gaze of Lolth.
  •  

Rachel

Quote from: Pysgod on July 07, 2007, 09:44:48 PM
You should all tremble upon the gaze of Lolth.
worshiping the spider queen is a dangerous thing
  •