News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

BATHROOM WARS: TRANSGENDERS GET FLUSHED

Started by Amelia Pond, August 27, 2013, 06:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colleen♡Callie

Quote from: kentovellc on June 16, 2014, 03:08:25 AM
I am not against transgenders. It's fine if we share bathrooms as long as they won't harass anyone.

Statistically, it's not the transgender men and women that do the harassing in public bathrooms.  It's the cisgender (identify as their birth gender) people that harass transgender men and women in the bathroom.  It's we who are more at risk trying to go to the bathroom.  And the majority of the world seems to feel this harassment is okay, because we're transgendered. 

There is no other option for us either.  Very few places have gender neutral restrooms.  We either use the bathroom of our birth gender and get harassed and assaulted, or we use the bathroom of our identity and get harassed and assaulted.
"Tell my tale to those who ask.  Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.  The rest is silence." - Dinobot

•  

mac1

Quote from: Colleen♡Callie on June 16, 2014, 08:35:54 AM
Statistically, it's not the transgender men and women that do the harassing in public bathrooms.  It's the cisgender (identify as their birth gender) people that harass transgender men and women in the bathroom.  It's we who are more at risk trying to go to the bathroom.  And the majority of the world seems to feel this harassment is okay, because we're transgendered. 

There is no other option for us either.  Very few places have gender neutral restrooms.  We either use the bathroom of our birth gender and get harassed and assaulted, or we use the bathroom of our identity and get harassed and assaulted.
That is why I feel that we should have only multi-user unisex public restrooms with adequately private stalls. It would be the norm and all would be included. It would also be more difficult for a pervert as it would be less likely for them to be alone with an unsuspecting victum.
?
  •  

mac1

Quote from: Ms Grace on June 16, 2014, 05:10:32 AM
The dumb thing is that in all cases I've heard of cis men going into/hiding in women's rest rooms and/or attacking women... they don't bother getting dressed as women anyway. No doubt there are cases but I haven't heard them.
With gender separate restrooms it would be more likely that they could be alone with an unsuspecting victum. There would be a greated degree of protection with multi-user unisex restrooms.
?
  •  

Kira357

Quote from: Colleen♡Callie on June 16, 2014, 08:35:54 AM

This, it really is THAT obvious... really just boils down to good old-fashioned intolerance.
~ Don't understand? Walk a mile in my heels...

•  

Kassie

This song comes to mind >-bleeped-< it  by genitalia  political correctness is just bull>-bleeped-< look at those coaches teachers ministers  and priests who inappropriately touch or sexually abuse  children
  •  

Kira Phoenix

Quote from: Joanna Dark on August 27, 2013, 07:28:13 PM
I use the woman's room all the time and nobody cares. I don't get so much as a second look. So a lot of this is academic for me at least. But I do understand that i have passing privilege and feel horrible for my trans sisters who may get harrassed in the women's room. For an FTM, as long as they present male, no one will care or dare say a thing. So it's more of a concern for trans women. I think. I could be wrong so please don't attack me if I am.

As far as showering, I don't think a trans woman should until post-op. Heck, I wouldn't even want to. I loathe my penis.

I have to say that as a transwoman, I am very much lucky to "pass" exceptionally well. I never have any questions as to my gender and at worst someone might say voice is a little off. However, I have heard so many things about who some of my not very lucky transwomen who have been harassed...it's so stupid. I just wish people would leave us alone.