Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Waiting til T to restart strength training?

Started by BrotherBen, August 29, 2013, 10:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrotherBen

I've read in a couple of fitness resources like "New Rules of Lifting for Women" that even when women build muscle, their lean muscle is inherently different  from the type of bulky muscle that guys can put on. So what I'm wondering is, should I just stick to cardio for weight loss now and put off the serious strength training until the T can help me build bulky, man-mode muscle? I don't  particularly want to build lean muscle- I'm gonna need some bulk on these shoulders to balance out my hips.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you never know who would love the person you hide.
  •  

DriftingCrow

Youshould do both cardio and strength training. Building muscle, even "girly" muscle won't hurt. Plus, lifting now will help you get into a routine, get muscle memory, and give you time to learn proper form.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

aleon515

It won't hurt in the slightest. I worked out about 6 months before starting T and have actually worked out off and on during my life. It's unlikely you would build a lot of muscle but some gals seem to. Natural transition-- though I don't agree with it too much-- is based on the idea of building the body up. I dont' always think it works so well. So there isn't any reason to hold off. Actually it's good for you. I would expect that you will see a big difference after starting T. Unless you were doing some heavy duty lifting-- I don't know why you wouldn't want to build up lean muscle, doesn't seem to be an issue with this. Most women don't actually get very built up.

--Jay
  •