News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Are your Toe Nails Painted?

Started by Gina_Z, April 29, 2014, 03:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarynMcD

Quote from: Allyda on May 27, 2014, 12:37:50 AM
If your still presenting as male part time in the summer, you could just use clear coat. It's less noticeable and still gives you a feeling of femininity.
Sally Hansen as a color called "Shall We Dance". It's a very sheer pink. If you are light skinned, it isn't really noticeable unless you look hard. If it's too shiny, you could then put on a matte top coat to dull it out.
  •  

Destrie

I don't currently have them painted since I'm not full time yet, but I really want to do my toe nails, since nobody looks at them but me :D
"Sure I'm going to hell, but it's going to be a blast, there're free cookies"
  •  

FilaFord

They were a nice fuchsia for about a week... until about 6 hours ago when I wiped them clean to go swimming in my parents pool.

Everytime I look at my mom's face I want to tell her but I just can't bring myself to speak the words.  Fine!  I'll work on writing a letter
  •  

alexis.j

Yes, my toe nails are always painted, for longer than I can remember. ..
Currently they are a dark creamy purple.
I don't mind who sees them and hardly ever got any bad comments about them.
I do my finger nails when I get the chance or go out somewhere special,  but dont wear color to work...
  •  

Jenny07

Interestingly last time I saw my therapist she suggested this.

So no they be painted just like she mentioned.
Now I just look down and feel contented seeing them painted red. :)

Makes me feel good.
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

Gina_Z

I've noticed that it helps to choose a shade of polish that goes well with my skin tones. Recently I'm liking a red that is more towards orange. Sort of peachy. So many colors to try!
  •  

Allyda

I'm always changing my colors each week. Still haven't found one that looks better on me than my deep metallic pink does, but I'm looking. Currently mine are a non metallic dark blue, which I'll be changing to red in a few days. I have a teal and light blue also to try and there's still a few colors I want that I just haven't gotten yet.

Allie :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Megan Joanne

Both fingernails and toenails would be painted, but I can't handle the toxic vapors.  :-\
  •  

janetcgtv

Fuchsia on my toes. I would feel naked if there was no polish on my toes.
I have worn clear polish on my fingers, so far no has said anything.
  •  

TaoRaven

I'm a polish nut. Nails are always immaculate (I get SO many compliments).

And it also enhances the look of some of my open-toe shoes, of course.

Often, I pick a color scheme for my nails, and will work off those colors for my eye shadow and jewelry for a few days, until I run out of ideas, and then switch.

•  

KarynMcD

Quote from: Megan Joanne on June 15, 2014, 03:08:09 PM
Both fingernails and toenails would be painted, but I can't handle the toxic vapors.  :-\
There are plenty of non-toxic polishes.
http://ecowatch.com/2014/02/19/7-nontoxic-nail-polish-brands/
  •  

Natalie

To be honest I find unpainted toenails disgusting personally. I've pretty much had my toenails painted since I was 13 years old and nobody sees them without being painted.
  •  

FrancisAnn

I apologize girl friends. Normally all my nails are shaped perfect & painted perfect however I've been busy. I was told not to bend over much after surgery & my toe nails have not been painted for the last 2 weeks since the last time I cleaned them. I feel terrible & again aplogize for being so un lady like GF's. Tomorrow some new pink toe nail poilsh for the rest of the summer, I promise.
mtF, mid 50's, always a girl since childhood, HRT (Spiro, E & Fin.) since 8-13. Hormone levels are t at 12 & estrogen at 186. Face lift & eye lid surgery in 2014. Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & some facial surgery May, 2015. Life is good for me. Love long nails & handsome men! Hopeful for my GRS & a nice normal depth vagina maybe by late summer. 5' 8", 180 pounds, 14 dress size, size 9.5 shoes. I'm kind of an elegant woman & like everything pink, nice & neet. Love my nails & classic Revlon Red. Moving back to Florida, so excited but so much work moving
  •  

FilaFord

Currently wearing socks around the house so my wife doesn't see the painted toes.  She said it offends her...  ::)
  •  

Megan Joanne

Quote from: KarinMcD on June 16, 2014, 12:45:31 PM
There are plenty of non-toxic polishes.
http://ecowatch.com/2014/02/19/7-nontoxic-nail-polish-brands/

$9-10 a pop, eh, well, maybe later. But I'd like to try them out for sure! Bookmarked page. Thank you!  :)
  •  

FrancisAnn

Quote from: Megan Joanne on June 16, 2014, 08:28:50 PM
$9-10 a pop, eh, well, maybe later. But I'd like to try them out for sure! Bookmarked page. Thank you!  :)
O.P.I. is great stuff like other brand names however Sally Hansen $2 polish does just as well GF's. Megan, you look nice & causal, have fun GF.
mtF, mid 50's, always a girl since childhood, HRT (Spiro, E & Fin.) since 8-13. Hormone levels are t at 12 & estrogen at 186. Face lift & eye lid surgery in 2014. Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & some facial surgery May, 2015. Life is good for me. Love long nails & handsome men! Hopeful for my GRS & a nice normal depth vagina maybe by late summer. 5' 8", 180 pounds, 14 dress size, size 9.5 shoes. I'm kind of an elegant woman & like everything pink, nice & neet. Love my nails & classic Revlon Red. Moving back to Florida, so excited but so much work moving
  •  

Allyda

I'm doing my nails right now with my reeeeaaally sparkly gold polish to celebrate my freedom from the financial burden formerly known as my SO. In the end I found out she only loved what I could do for her, or provide for her, not me unconditionally. Yes I'm hurting real bad over it but I'm also relieved. No more coming home broke, or late at night. I can actually keep my bills paid now! This is what I'm celebrating -not the nearly 5 years down the crapper, lol!!

Don't feel sad for me girls feel happy! I know I am tonight! I also know eventually I'll find someone better!

Allie :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

FilaFord

So I was going to go swimming at my parents today, and forgot I had my toenails painted.  Then I was like it doesn't really matter, they know I am trans* now and it's not like it's a big deal... but alas, I snuck away and snatched my mom's polish remover and cleaned them up before going in the pool.

I want to stop being shameful of my femininity but I just feel like expressing it is going to offend someone and I think this is partly because of how judgmental my wife has been over the past few months.  I need to remember that her feelings are much differently rooted than other people.   She's losing a husband and gaining nothing.  Everyone else is losing a son/brother/guy-friend and gaining a daughter/sister/girl-friend... so there is some sorrow but also excitement!

I'll be in a better place after I kick her out of the house.   >:-)
  •  

Nikki_Denier

I paint mine from time to time, but don't keep them that way on a permanent basis.  Last time I interchanged a deep purple and hot pink, then put a clear coat with sparkles in it over the top.  My GF is trying a deep black with a light purple over the top that has sparkles in it.  The effect makes it a sparkly deep purple.  I may do that next.  :)
  •  

Mariah

Always. Currently Cherries in the snow.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •