Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What's your style?

Started by Aeyra, August 03, 2007, 11:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeyra

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm just being curious. Do you look goth or preppie or Hollywood style or what? I'm sure there's a multitude of styles out there and I don't even know all of them myself.

I used to be really trashy for my style, but now I lean more towards something between NYC style and nutball celebrity style, that's the best I can describe it anyways. Meaning you wear the gear that makes you look both attractive and yet at least with a sense of class.

What about you?
  •  

Nicole

I'll say mines streetwear/dolled up when I'm out.

Yes! I'm single
And you'll have to be pretty f'ing amazing to change that
  •  

ChildOfTheLight

Mostly casual, although I never wear blue jeans (sometimes black jeans.)  Khakis, random interesting other pants I've acquired, T-shirts, sometimes polo shirts.  Also, I love long flowing skirts.  For shoes, sneakers, sandals, or (starting recently) ballet flats.  Sometimes I feel a desire to start dressing "gothic" some of the time, but I haven't.
  •  

NatalieC

I dont know what you would call it at the moment! Its pretty messed up! Maybe thats because Im not full time yet and being part time or not quite there yet or a poof or whatever people call me is not exactly having style anyway. But soon I will wear skirts and dresses and all those other things I have been missing out on. I will have a cool sexy look.
Im only transitioning to look hot basically! I feel a bit sick at the moment. I feel like Im going through the puberty I so badly needed and my stlye is still developing. As I get more confident with myself Im sure my style will change from the Duffel coat and hat and sunglasses to a more feminine look.
  •  

stephanology

It's funny, I have a bunch of Goth shoes, but I'm not Goth, I just like fat black heels!

For what I wear out, maybe it's "NYC style", since I'm in NYC, I never heard that term before, actually, but I usually wear dark, slim-fitting pants and a plain top with some shape to it.  If I'm feeling more casual, it's boot cut jeans and a baseball top or tee.  Actually, I guess I mostly go casual.  So lame, right?  And despite having about 2-3 dozen pairs of shoes, I usually just wear plain black or maroon Chuck Taylors.
  •  

melissa90299

When I first came to San Francisco, I was overwhelmed by the stylishness of the women here, two and a half years later, I have women constantly complimenting me, asking where I got this or that, etc.

To answer your question, I have my own style. This woman I met at the grocery style who I told I worried about dressing "too young" told me "Oh don't worry, you look fabulous, you have style to spare!"

One thing is that I constantly change my look, right now it is Patong Beach meets North Beach. Yesterday, it was warm for the city I wore a pink floral on white gauze skirt with a short sleeved T (low cut to show off my DDs) with a deep purple lace sleeveless thingy, it really worked! Guys were smiling and winking and a couple of my lesbian friends I ran into were all over me.
  •  

VeryGnawty

Pure bum mixed with anime.  That's what I look like most of the time.
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

xeno

I am assuming that I look like either an anime/emo or an anime/goth since my hair when uncombed going outside or the wind blows it to heck (yeah sure...what wind?) looks like an anime spiky haired characters...
and all I am seen wearing is black...but in actuality...thats all I have..../ :eusa_shifty: ???
I never mean to hurt anyones feelings unless previously stated, which is almost never
"the net is vast and infinite"-Motoko Kusanagi
  •  

Butterfly

On some days like going out, when I have extra time, or if I want to look cute for my fiance, I'm more preppy, classy with the dark jeans, cute layful top, hair done or curled..etc.etc.

When I'm just casual I wear skater what not..love my Volcom, fox, DC, type clothing with some flip flops..super comfy and easy to maintain.

Going out late night with friends or hubby - little lacy top, tight jeans, heels or boots, more dramatic makeup, dangling earrings..my party gear!

So I can go from pink colours, girilie side, to my down to earth rocking gear - with my black and red checkered belt ~laugh~..but I dont care for Gucci or Coach tripe as it's a waste of money to me (but that's my opinion)..And anything with my fav colors hot pink and black! Basically cute with an "edge".
  •  

Jeannette

Casual and relaxed if I have no where to go. If I am going somewhere I dress up with trousers and a nice top.
  •  

Jordan

Quote from: Butterfly on August 17, 2007, 12:15:23 AM
On some days like going out, when I have extra time, or if I want to look cute for my fiance, I'm more preppy, classy with the dark jeans, cute layful top, hair done or curled..etc.etc.

When I'm just casual I wear skater what not..love my Volcom, fox, DC, type clothing with some flip flops..super comfy and easy to maintain.

Going out late night with friends or hubby - little lacy top, tight jeans, heels or boots, more dramatic makeup, dangling earrings..my party gear!

So I can go from pink colours, girilie side, to my down to earth rocking gear - with my black and red checkered belt ~laugh~..but I dont care for Gucci or Coach tripe as it's a waste of money to me (but that's my opinion)..And anything with my fav colors hot pink and black! Basically cute with an "edge".

MY HERO, we have identical taste. lol AMERICAN EAGLE, VOLCOM, VICTORIAS SECRET.
  •  

Kara66

:)  My style is what the women on Fox News wear.  I try to keep up with Megan Kelly's wardrobe.  If I am just lounging at home usualy a tank and shorts
  •  

Kate

Quote from: stephanology on August 10, 2007, 10:08:55 AM
For what I wear out, maybe it's "NYC style", since I'm in NYC, I never heard that term before, actually, but I usually wear dark, slim-fitting pants and a plain top with some shape to it.  If I'm feeling more casual, it's boot cut jeans and a baseball top or tee.

Sounds kinda like me. Mostly dark boot cut pants (work) or jeans (casual): some tighter in the thighs, sometimes relaxed fit. Fitted tops, shirts and sweaters. It MUST be fitted. Nothing loose. Something of an "Urban Professional" look I guess.

Sandals or ballet flats in summer. Ankle boots in fall and winter.

Hair I scrunch into curls somedays, brush straight on others. Usually tucked behind ears.

No jewelry or makeup to speak of. Boring watch. My lucky jade heart pendant. Subtle earrings (studs, short hoop or dangles). Lip gloss. That's it.

I'm trying to make friends with skirts and... gasp... dresses, but they still feel kinda weird to me. Maybe in time. I do love the look of boots and below-knee skirts though.

~Kate~
  •  

TheBattler

Quote from: Kate on December 06, 2007, 09:17:05 PM

I'm trying to make friends with skirts and... gasp... dresses, but they still feel kinda weird to me. Maybe in time. I do love the look of boots and below-knee skirts though.

~Kate~

Kate,

Dresses are a girls best friend. I dare you to wear one to work  ;).

Alice
  •  

Patricia

I like the office style (I guess you could call it).  Pencil skirt with a light blouse, kind of low cut where the tips of the bra cups can barely be seen.  Conservative, but sexy.

Patricia
  •  

Sarah

Sporty/Quirky for me.
I wear miniskirts and jogging shorts all summer. Especially pleated jean skirts.
hoodies and drawstring pants if I'm in a sleepy mood.
I wear a lot of Dance tops and accesories like shrugs in the fall because they add sleeves to my tank tops.
I wear a lot of string tops, and you know, like a sports bra and shorts if I am going jogging.
Umm, other than that, for formal wear I like little coctail dresses for parties and long straight skirts with leg cuts for more formal wear.
I'd wear a nicer top with a formal skirt like a blouse, or maybe just a button polo as a nice top..
Same in the winter, but add thigh-high/knee high socks and/or colored leggings under the skirts and shrugs and/or longsleve shirts under T's or with tanktops for colder weather.
-Sarah

-Oh yeah, I also really like formal dresses and sporty two-tone mini sport dresses.
  •  

Valentina

my own!!! my style is very eclectic...I mix rock/cyber/punk/mod/emo/harajuku street (not the gwen stefani brand!) to form my own unique style...I refuse to be a clone of all these generic-looking twats that all shop at the same mall shops!!! I prefer to be an individual!!!
  •  

Cortana

I go for the Goth/Punk type style. I usually just put on some foundation, eyeliner on both the upper and lower lids of my eyes and some mascara for makeup and I usually wear things that are dark and look punk-ish. Really if you wanted to know what my style looked like go look up the singer Avril Lavigne and you'd have a pretty good idea. ;)
  •  

Pica Pica

Unshowy, unflattering, a little tweedy, scruffy, shambling, and just slightly off centre.

And could (dis)grace the wardrobes of men or women.
  •  

KarenLyn

Boot cut jeans and T's, work boots. Still a farm girl at heart. For work any comfortable, casual slacks, a nice blouse and tennies. When we go out and that's pretty rare, I have some nice skirts, tops and an assortment of heels.
Right now I need some elbow length heavy leather gloves. Got a new kiln today! woohoo!!

Karen Lyn
  •