Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What My Therapist Said To Me

Started by 2fish, September 23, 2014, 11:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2fish

Thanks to all that posted in my previous post about "Is My Letter Too Long". Here is an update.

I read my letter to my therapist yesterday. She got emotional over it and said that I did an amazing job describing my feelings. I wasn't sure when to give my family the letter so I asked her what I should do. Considering the fact that 1 of my parents wants me to move out (I'm 25), that it may be a good idea to hold off until I am actually leaving. Also, she said, it would be okay to tell them after I have already been on T since the changes may come slow. I am currently in the process of getting my financial situation in order and don't want things to go wrong since one of my parents are helping. Also, just a note, both parents have to agree before someone can toss out a child from the family home. I have already made the decision to leave so I'm just getting prepared. For now the parent that is helping me financially is the one that wants me out. Basically, they are helping me sell one of my cars for extra cash and we are currently not speaking to each other.

So, I'll have my HRT Letter October 21 and my first endo appointment is October 22. Soon I will be on T. I am very excited!
I am worried about being able to afford a place on my own, but hey, I'm 25 and should have had my life together years ago. I was lucky to have my family around when I needed them and it's time for me to fly from the nest once again. I work a very crazy schedule and should be fine if I manage things well enough. It sucks that I will be living by myself, but that's life. I do have a cat that will keep me company.  ;D 
http://www.gender158.com (A Trans-Masculine Resource Website)
  •  

Dee Marshall

Best of luck to you. It's good to see you being assertive and taking care of yourself.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

LizMarie

I know an MtF who is late 20s, was living in her parent's basement, who never went out at all, and who let herself balloon to nearly 300 pounds because of her gender issues.

This young lady is now living on her own, in pre-med school, has lost well over a hundred pounds (and is still losing), and is an outgoing social butterfly.

You can do this. We almost all have great difficulties with our pre-transition selves.

I think you'll be very positively surprised at what you can accomplish and where you'll find yourself going. It doesn't matter that we're MtF or FtM or whatever. What matters is finally choosing to live an authentic life for ourselves.

Good luck! :)
The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.

~ Cara Elizabeth
  •