Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Another fabulous salmon recipe

Started by Catherine Sarah, December 30, 2014, 12:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherine Sarah

Just for all the salmon lovers here ....... and for those looking for a way to mask something fishy.
It's quick, easy and a ton of fun.

Ingredients
Salmon fillets (preferably with skin on)
Genuine Maple syrup
Seed mustard
Soy sauce
Lime (As a garnish)

Method
Mix into a runny paste the maple syrup, seeded mustard and soy sauce (very little as it may take over). Mix to your own taste
High heat a fry pan lined with EVOO
Place salmon fillet in pan and sear skin side for 30 seconds and remove
Line metal baking dish with foil or use unlined glass dish
Place fillet and drizzle paste over making sure you have plenty to use as a serving sauce
Bake at 180oC (350oF) for 15-20 minutes
Plate up, and drizzle prepared sauce over salmon,  with your favourite green salad sides, sprinkle with lime juice and leave lime on plate
Crack bottle of favourite wine, throw dinner in the trash and devour the wine heartily. ( you didn't really need the protein in the first place) :icon_lol:
Now enjoy

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Devlyn

I've seen a similar recipe:

My grandfather had a standard recipe for wild duck and goose,  start with a large stock pot,  clean a red paving brick with dish soap and water and rinse well,  put the brick in the bottom of the pot and fill 2/3 full of fresh salted water,  put the ducks or goose in the pot and cover, put it on the stove and bring the pot to the boil,  then turn the heat down to a gentle simmer.  Simmer it for about three hours,  then shut off the heat and let it cool for about fifteen or twenty minutes,  when the ducks or goose is cool enough to handle,  take the goose out of the pot,  throw the stock and the ducks or goose out and eat the brick.
  •  

Catherine Sarah

:icon_lol:   :icon_cry2: :icon_lol:   :icon_cry2:  :icon_lol:   :icon_cry2:  :icon_lol:   :icon_cry2:  :icon_lol:   :icon_cry2:

No doubt at the end of the cooking cycle the brick would be soft enough to carve and serve with your favourite selection of spiders, witchery grubs and grass clippings.

What's for desert? Apple 3.4147??

P.S. Am I invited to dinner?

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Catherine Sarah on December 31, 2014, 08:23:43 AM
:icon_lol:   :icon_cry2: :icon_lol:   :icon_cry2:  :icon_lol:   :icon_cry2:  :icon_lol:   :icon_cry2:  :icon_lol:   :icon_cry2:

No doubt at the end of the cooking cycle the brick would be soft enough to carve and serve with your favourite selection of spiders, witchery grubs and grass clippings.

What's for desert? Apple 3.4147??

P.S. Am I invited to dinner?

I have a galah roasting. You are welcome as always. Oh no she can really get her revenge <gulp>

Happy New Year Honey.

Love you and thank you

:-* :-*
  •  

Catherine Sarah

OMG

Don't tell me; you throw the galah out and eat the pot? .......... How absolutely outrageous.
Didn't you know, pots are a protected species here in Oz?

Happy Birthday Sis. Hope it went off with a bang. (Your birthday that is, not the other thing)

XXX
Catherine

•  

Tysilio

There's a traditional recipe for crow stew in the Larousse Gastronomique -- it probably goes back at least a century, maybe two. It goes something like this:

2 rabbits, cut up
1 onion
2 sticks of celery
A small bouquet garni
1 dead crow.

Put all the ingredients except the crow in a stew pot. Cover the pot and put the dead crow on the lid. Simmer until the rabbit is tender, throw out the crow, and serve.
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •