Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Friend?

Started by 1984, April 08, 2015, 09:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I came out to a friend last year and she seemed to be OK with me being transgender. Actually she had discovered it by herself and I just agreed. By that time, she even tried to use the right pronouns. Some months later she started to make fun of me and call other friends to ridicule me. I got really angry and we had a lot of arguments. I'm tired of receiving messages in my cellphone of stupid teenagers treating me as an abomination. Now she says "trying to be transgender is wrong" and "you'll never be a real man". When I asked her to use masculine pronouns again, she just said that I was being futile and a bad friend, because I should respect her "need" to treat me in the feminine, since I "don't have the right genitalia to be called a man". She started misgendering me on purpose and we had a really big argue. Now I'm just angry as hell and maybe writing this is a good way for me to calm down.
I still don't get her subtle change. Maybe she was pretending she accepted me before?
  •  

Jill F

A true friend would not treat you that way.  Life is far too short to waste it with people who don't respect you.

I wouldn't burn the bridge, but it's probably time to tell her that you're parting ways until she can pull her head out of her sphincter.
  •  

Tysilio

Quote...tell her that you're parting ways until she can pull her head out of her sphincter.

Nicely phrased, Ms. F.  And quite right.
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

Ms Grace

Time for a new friend...
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Arch

You can always start calling her "Fred" and "he." And when she objects, tell her that she looks like a Fred...and that since she keeps misgendering you, you're going to do the same to her.

But seriously, she doesn't sound like a friend. At least, not anymore. You deserve better.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

suzifrommd

Please don't allow her to live "rent free" in your head. She's an insensitive person and doesn't deserve any more of your consideration. Consider yourself lucky she showed her true colors.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

King Malachite

It is time for you to drop her like a hot potato.  I wouldn't even tell her.  If she is your friend, she will contact you and ask what is up.  If not, then you don't need her in your life.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

yurihime

Wow what a terrible person.. I wonder what made her go from understanding to such a mean person. I find it strange how she made a complete 180. I honestly wouldn't associate with her anymore, I rather stick to having no friends than being with that jerk.

There are so many things that could have made her change, her friends, religion, etc.. However it doesn't matter and her actions a just unreasonable.

You definitely don't need her. That's for sure!
  •  

FTMax

She definitely doesn't deserve a chance, and personally I wouldn't even give her an explanation. I'd cut her out of my life immediately - delete her contact info, block her number, unfriend, etc. Block all the numbers that people text or call you from.

I'd rather have no friends than bad friends.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •