Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Is there some secret to crossing your legs?

Started by AnamethatstartswithE, September 28, 2015, 04:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warlockmaker

We are not cis females thus we have narrower hips. This makes leg crossing slightly more difficult. The other factors are the width and diameter of the thighs. Having beefier thighs increases the contusion needed to cross your legs. Flexibility is essential for us and Yoga is a good exercise program.
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015
  •  

Ashey

Quote from: RobynD on June 21, 2016, 12:27:30 PM
This is exactly how i learned to cross my legs. My thighs are not tiny either. I also sometimes cross ankles with legs together. Another fairly feminine way i sit at work is to put on ankle under the other knee or thigh. I find that really comfortable.

I also do Yoga and the lotus position i practice. Yoga has done wonders for my flexibility and being less stiff in the mornings.

Yeah I need to lose weight and work on my flexibility. The only way I can cross my legs is how I stated. If I don't rotate my hips enough then my leg simply won't go over the other enough, because my thighs are big and my legs are short. Rotating my hips to one side helps position my thighs better, so I can get my calf over my knee. Not rotating enough means my calf rests right on my knee which awkwardly raises my leg and just isn't comfortable. Downside to rotating my hips so much though, is that I might have to lean on my arm because my leg is almost centered under me so it can put some stress on both my leg and arm as well as anything down there that isn't properly seated... Not sure if any of this really applies to anyone else... I only have an inseam of about 27"... :/
  •  

DawnOday

It's. Not the crossing, that's the worry,. It's the remembering to cross in the first place.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

SophiaBleu

I can cross my lanky legs,  but then so can my dad. My mom, and my wife, on the other hand, have larger legs and cannot cross them.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority.
              Gerald Massey

•  

Mohini

Quote from: barbie on October 04, 2015, 03:18:46 AM
I tried the lotus position, but I am not quite sure whether I correctly posed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_position

barbie~~

HOW do you do this, Barbie???

I have never in my life been able to sit cross legged on the floor, neither in the other position where the feet are under the thighs instead of on top, not even as a child.  The best I can get is with my feet past each other about 6 inches, knees about a foot+ off the floor, and when I press down on my knees towards the floor, I feel uncomfortable pressure in my hips on the sides.  Is it because my bone structure is wrong?  I noticed I have NEVER ever seen Mom and Dad sit cross-legged, EVER.

Edit: I can double cross my legs like you showed in the photo with your dress on, either direction.

Namaskāra to you for being able to do this.
  •  

DawnOday

Barbie is able to do that because she practices. You will be able to do it too. Practice makes perfect.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Rachel_Christina

I have always crossed my legs with no issues, I always have done it since a child lol
Much to my brothers disaproval as we grew up lol

•  

barbie

Quote from: DawnOday on September 09, 2016, 11:06:02 AM
Barbie is able to do that because she practices. You will be able to do it too. Practice makes perfect.

Yes. It requires practice. I just tried the lotus position less than 10 times, and it is still a little bit painful to me.

I heard that just sitting in the lotus position for 30 min everyday will enhance your health and immune system dramatically. I will practice it more frequently at home.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Mohini

I've tried to do it with practice.  I go to temple every Sunday.  Unfortunately, I don't even have a proper space to do this regularly at home, as I live in a 7.5'X13' travel trailer with a 20" wide bed.  I cannot sit on the floor, as it hurts even with a pad.  It needs to be something as thick as a pad or a bed mattress, which I don't have space for.  How do you know I don't have some physiological deformity that prevents this from happening?
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Mohini on September 09, 2016, 01:27:07 PM
I've tried to do it with practice.  I go to temple every Sunday.  Unfortunately, I don't even have a proper space to do this regularly at home, as I live in a 7.5'X13' travel trailer with a 20" wide bed.  I cannot sit on the floor, as it hurts even with a pad.  It needs to be something as thick as a pad or a bed mattress, which I don't have space for.  How do you know I don't have some physiological deformity that prevents this from happening?

Mohini,

You may first try the half lotus pose.
http://www.yogaartandscience.com/poses/seatp/apad/apad.html

It is far easier for beginners.
After mastering it, you may further try the full lotus pose.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Mohini

Thank you, Barbie.  The instructions aren't clear enough for me.  I would have to see someone to show me what this means.
  •