Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Is there some secret to crossing your legs?

Started by AnamethatstartswithE, September 28, 2015, 04:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnamethatstartswithE

Maybe I just have really beefy legs, but I can't cross my legs for more than a minute or so without my kneecap painfully digging into my other leg. Is there some special technique? Until the 90s both men and women crossed their legs regularly, so there must be some way to do it.
  •  

Serenation

it's just something I always did subconsciously but maybe trying crossing them the other way. One way feels less comfortable for me.
I will touch a 100 flowers and not pick one.
  •  

Punzie

I don't think your kneecap should be digging into your other leg, maybe you should try swapping positions like Serenation mentioned. When I cross my legs, my left knee is at the bottom right and the right knee is on the top left with the leg crossing before the kneecap. If you lift the leg that is on top a bit more higher, it hopefully wont be as painful. Sometimes it depends on what you're wearing as well that can cause discomfort.
My Journey
9/1/2015 Fully accepted myself as Transgender
9/24/2015 First Therapy Session with Therapist
9/25/2015 Joined Susan's Place
2/?/2016 ~ Hopefully starting HRT!
  •  

Ms Grace

I think it has something to do with the size of the thighs. You said yours were quite beefy and I've rarely ever seen larger women cross their legs. Seems more the domain of the skinny from what I've observed.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

katrinaw

Never really thought about it actually, I cross mine with the upper leg crossed a little further over the knee, so the back of the knee and other knee cap never try and sit in each other.... if that makes sense

Katy xx
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

Katiepie

When I cross my legs, like Katrina, I go past the knee and have my upper leg resting above and beside the knee instead of one directly on top of the knee.
In my opinion, if you cannot cross the legs that far, you could try instead of crossing right onto the patella, cross right beside it so to rest your upper leg as per the head of the tibia(?)

Kate <3
My life motto: Wake Up and BE Awesome!

"Every minute of your life that you allow someone to dictate your emotions, is a minute of your life you are allowing them to control you." - a dear friend of mine.

Stay true to yourself no matter the consequence, for this is your life, your decision, your trust in which will shape your future. Believe in yourself, if you don't then no one will.
  •  

Lady_Oracle

Quote from: Ms Grace on September 28, 2015, 05:34:29 AM
I think it has something to do with the size of the thighs. You said yours were quite beefy and I've rarely ever seen larger women cross their legs. Seems more the domain of the skinny from what I've observed.

this I think is what makes the difference. I'm pretty skinny and can cross them just fine.
  •  

barbie

I can double-cross my legs, but I heard that crossing legs is not good for your backbone health, as we sit in asymmetry when crossing legs, and tend to use one side only.

There is a Facebook page for double crossing.

https://www.facebook.com/Double-crossed-legs-411374372357842/timeline/

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

AnamethatstartswithE

I feel I should explain more, when I try I get my right leg over the left one, a couple inches back from the kneecap, but the tension in my legs pulls the right one back to where ti was and my knee digs into my calf, I can hold it with my hands, but that seems very involved.
  •  

Deborah

You probably just lack flexibility.  I don't think thigh size is a big issue though.  I still have fairly muscular thighs at 24 inches and can cross my legs comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

AnamethatstartswithE

That could be, I'm a marathon runner (Just finished my 9th) and it's better not to be flexible (you want springy muscles).
  •  

Lady_Oracle

Quote from: barbie on October 02, 2015, 11:16:04 AM
I can double-cross my legs, but I heard that crossing legs is not good for your backbone health, as we sit in asymmetry when crossing legs, and tend to use one side only.

There is a Facebook page for double crossing.

https://www.facebook.com/Double-crossed-legs-411374372357842/timeline/

barbie~~

I can do that too, I should take some pics. I don't think I have any of myself in that position. I think it's a beautiful position for modeling. Interesting to see an fb page for that.
  •  

Paige

Quote from: AnamethatstartswithE on October 02, 2015, 11:41:18 AM
That could be, I'm a marathon runner (Just finished my 9th) and it's better not to be flexible (you want springy muscles).

Before I started yoga, I always crossed my legs like a guy.   Foot on the other knee, like a triangle.  After about a year of yoga I could cross like a woman pretty easily.  Yoga does a lot of hip opening.  Now after after 6 years I can double cross my legs.  With that said when I was 15 pounds lighter and lost muscle mass, It definitely was easier.

Take care,
Paige :)
  •  

AnamethatstartswithE

ooh ooh ooh,
I think I've actually figured out the secret. After crossing my leg over I point my foot upwards, such that my toes are closer to my shin, and then I slightly twist my foot towards my centerline, it tenses the inside part of the calf muscle so it forms a hard surface and the knee doesn't dig in.
  •  

barbie

Just ago, I took photos of double crossing my legs ::)

barbie~~

Just do it.
  •  

kittenpower

cirque du soleil called, and they want you in their act; nicely done. :)
  •  

AnamethatstartswithE

•  

barbie

Just do it.
  •  

Promethea

Quote from: barbie on October 03, 2015, 12:21:45 PM
Just ago, I took photos of double crossing my legs ::)

barbie~~

I tried that once. They had to bring the jaws of life.
Life is a dream we wake from.

•  

Miril

After years of ballet, I am also able to double cross my legs.  I think its less about thighs and knees and more about flexibility at the hip - the ability to "release" the joint to provide extra range of motion.   Moot point tho - sounds like you have it!

Miril

"One is not born, but rather becomes a woman"  Simone de Beauvoir,
  •