Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

1,000 Calories A Day Diet As Per My MD

Started by LostInTime, February 15, 2006, 12:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

OK, to start with you can bookmark this thread or here if you like.  From my blog:

Went to see my GP today and told her that my endoc put me on a low to no fat diet due to the LDL particle counts being high (urine test). She put me back on Wellbutrin, gave me some freebies again, and two prescriptions with a coupon. ("My family, is sick and you offer me COUPONS?!?!" OK, not a jerky boy fan? nevermind).

I managed to pack on 6 pounds in about a month so..................

I have been given a 1,000 calories a day diet that I have to follow. I will provide the link but anywhere there is a starch listed, cross it out and replace with one serving of any allowed food.

The Plan
The Diet Index-links to the list of foods, the plan, etc
The Starter Pack
The Exercise Program
Exercise Index Page-answers questions like how much is too much, calculating BMI, etc
Dieting Myths

Posted at: January 12, 2006, 12:39:54 PM

15 pounds down so far and that was after deviating for a week and packing 4 more back on.
  •  

melissa_girl

Hehe.  No wonder you call yourself "Lost" in time.  :)

Melissa
  •  

Sandi

QuoteWent to see my GP today and told her that my endoc put me on a low to no fat diet due to the LDL particle counts being high (urine test).

I don't know that cutting fat will lower your LDL because there's no connection whatsoever between cholesterol in food and cholesterol in blood. That is a myth that even some doctors endorse.

Also after age 50, the lower your cholesterol level is, the lower your life expectancy.

Recently the NIH did the most extensive study in history (nearly 49,000 women ages 50 to 79 who were followed for eight years) to find whether a low-fat diet reduces the risk of getting certain diseases. The findings by this study were that the low-fat diet has no effects.

I Wish you luck with the diet, but 1000 calories a day sounds a bit severe.
  •  

LostInTime

I am doing fine.  have plenty of energy and am having a tough time eating as much as they suggest on this diet.  Energy levels are up, feeling better about myself.  Plus my clothes are fitting rather nicely.  No skeleton look or accelerated weight drop.  So far, so good.

The fat content was out of control.  I had been eating pizza mostly for lunch and dinner.  B'fast was McDs.  After doing that for awhile is when the LDL spiked upwards bu quite a bit.  I will post whether or not it returned to norm on the next test in a few months.
  •  

Lori

Wow, 1000 a day ....I'm doing 1400 and its tough  :-\
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: Sandi on February 15, 2006, 11:02:52 PM
I don't know that cutting fat will lower your LDL because there's no connection whatsoever between cholesterol in food and cholesterol in blood. That is a myth that even some doctors endorse.

Also after age 50, the lower your cholesterol level is, the lower your life expectancy.

Recently the NIH did the most extensive study in history (nearly 49,000 women ages 50 to 79 who were followed for eight years) to find whether a low-fat diet reduces the risk of getting certain diseases. The findings by this study were that the low-fat diet has no effects.

I Wish you luck with the diet, but 1000 calories a day sounds a bit severe.

Hello Sandi.

I read the reports from the links you quoted and while they are interesting I think I'll stick with my own doctors advice as I have read just as many articles and studies that state and support the dangers of high cholesterol and it's treatment.

Here is a couple of other links to information provided by the

American Heart Institute

and

The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute

I guess it's a case of making your own life supporting choices based on the information you wish to believe is true :)

Steph

•  

LostInTime

I had a lot of evil influences lately and caved.  :(  Got back on the wagon this afternoon though.  Oh the result was 2 pounds put back on.  I hope to take those off this weekend with the working out, running around, and parties.  That is even with the pizza lunch scheduled for tomorrow (group support meeting).

Posted at: March 10, 2006, 01:15:01 PM

Well I fell off the wagon and put the weight on.  Fast food being my big problem in the AM.  Trying to slowly adapt back to this program at 1200 cals and increasing my exercise.  Plan to keep dropping cals and increasing exercise until they meet at a good place.  With the 1,000 cal diet I was getting a bit tired in the PM.  I could exercise in the AM and be fine all day but if I got up late then I found it impossible to get myself to work out later in the day.
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: LostInTime on July 10, 2006, 08:36:11 AM
I had a lot of evil influences lately and caved.  :(  Got back on the wagon this afternoon though.  Oh the result was 2 pounds put back on.  I hope to take those off this weekend with the working out, running around, and parties.  That is even with the pizza lunch scheduled for tomorrow (group support meeting).

Posted at: March 10, 2006, 01:15:01 PM

Well I fell off the wagon and put the weight on.  Fast food being my big problem in the AM.  Trying to slowly adapt back to this program at 1200 cals and increasing my exercise.  Plan to keep dropping cals and increasing exercise until they meet at a good place.  With the 1,000 cal diet I was getting a bit tired in the PM.  I could exercise in the AM and be fine all day but if I got up late then I found it impossible to get myself to work out later in the day.

Ha ha I know that feeling.  My weakness is french fries and did I ever pig out last Friday.  I was in a rotten mood over my hair and I happen to drive by this chip truck (french fry vendor)  I couldn't resist.  One large fries with malt and salt to go, s'il-vous-plait :)  Yum, they were wonderful.

Steph
  •  

LostInTime

LOL, I had a few french fries for dinner last night.

Without trying to I kept my calories to 1,000 yesterday and I did not realise it until I was about ready to make dinner.  Good thing that I did not have any snacks in the house though because the urge did hit later on.

The jeans that felt loose and then too tight now fit comfortably again and I found $3 in the pocket.  :)  Also got up early and got to work early and that means I get to leave early.  :)  :)  Now if only NCIS was on tonight so I could get my Abby fix.
  •  

stephanie_craxford

I've suddenly acquired a taste for Chili, I swear to god that they are putting something addictive in it.  It's sold at our Tim Horton's chain (same as your Dunkin Donuts).  I never tried it before up until two months ago, now I just love it.  I haven't checked the number on it but I bet they are way up there :(

Steph
  •  

Melissa

It's probably the salt Steph.  For a while I was addicted to Pico de Gallo.  I ended up making 2 fresh batches.

Melissa
  •  

LostInTime

4 pounds down in two days.  I think the biggest change was no more soft drinks.  That is where I derailed the last time as the diet plan says that you can have up to three servings of 0 cal drinks.  In a couple of weeks I am going to try and add a Lo-Carb Monster energy drink in here and there, probably about an hour before exercising and keep it to just three of them a week.

Yoohoos, pizza, and french fries did not help much either.  ;)
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: LostInTime on July 12, 2006, 12:25:32 PM
4 pounds down in two days.  I think the biggest change was no more soft drinks.  That is where I derailed the last time as the diet plan says that you can have up to three servings of 0 cal drinks.  In a couple of weeks I am going to try and add a Lo-Carb Monster energy drink in here and there, probably about an hour before exercising and keep it to just three of them a week.

That's phenomenal keep it up.  It's amazing how much soft drinks make a difference.  I don't often drink them now, I used to drink way too many, now I try and stick to water.  I've found that if I have pizza that I usually need a fizzy pop :)  Geeze, I haven't had pizza in ages :(

Steph
  •  

Melissa

When I dieted and wanted soda, I had Diet Rite soda.  It's made with splenda (which is the best alternative sweetner) and doesn't really taste like a diet drink.  Geez, I sound like I'm in a commercial or something. I dislike bitter diet drinks.  Anyway I started at 210 pounds and got down to about 175 and stopped dieting and went back up to 180, which was the highest I went and I'm back down to 177.  It was a very helpful part of my diet so that I didn't feel deprived.

Melissa
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: LostInTime on July 12, 2006, 12:25:32 PM

Oh LostInTime, I forgot to ask ... what the heck is a Yoohoo.

Steph
  •  

Melissa

Yoohoo is basically chocolate milk.

Melissa
  •  

stephanie_craxford

•  

LostInTime

LOL, you two.

Drink Yoohoo Link

Noticed how I rhymed that, very creative if I do say so myself.  Oh wait, I did just say it!

7 pounds down as of this AM.
  •