Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Started therapy

Started by molly, January 13, 2006, 07:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

molly

Hi everyone:  I went to my first therapy session yesterday.  What I found surprising is all the emotions and thoughs that flowed out.  It was such a relief, here at Susan's I have found a place where I can be myself, hear others struggles and successes, get objective advise, etc, but it's not the same as sitting with someone face to face and having the focus be me and my issues.

I thought that I could go to therapy maybe twice a month, but she insisted that in my current state of mind I need to go weekly.  So I agreed and begin weekly sessions, next appointment is Tuesday.

In the days leading up to yesterday I was becoming increasingly emothioanal and felt like I was in a total state of turmoil.  It is starting to affect my ability to focus on work, sit and relax at home, sleep, and my general demenor.

The important thing is I felt comfortable with her and she has a lot of experience with TG issues.  I found it surprising when she said she has had several clients go throught full SRS and that she has friends who are TG.  Is this a good thing?

Not much else to say other than I want to thank everyone for your encouragement, I don't know if I would have started if it wasn't for all the other stories I have read here at Susan's about how important it is in the process of self discovery.

Molly
  •  

Shelley

Great to hear Molly,

You're on the way and have taken the right step forward. Good luck and keep us up to date with how it's going because sharing our experiences is what Susan's is all about as you have already experienced.

Hugs Shelley
  •