Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Mariah's GRS with Dr. Meltzer 10/27/16 and Post surgical journey.

Started by Mariah, August 18, 2016, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariah

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

islandgirl

Congrats Mariah! The time will fly by! Really looking forward to reading about your surgery/recovery.

Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

RobinG78

I too will be keeping up with your Op and recovery. Best wishes and hugs.
  •  

Mariah

Yep it does and thank you both of you. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

Mariah

I have now had the phone call and as I long suspected they are going to having me stop hormones 1 month before due to being on injections. I'm not surprised by it and they are actually going to work with my primary care doctor and insurance to fill any scripts from down there ahead of time at pharmacies where I live which will make that part even easier. Other than the this call was just to over the pre op instructions and touch base. I'm do to check in with her again a week or so before my surgery is to occur. wow 5 weeks tell my surgery now. It's getting to be closer now. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Mariah on September 22, 2016, 04:10:37 PM
I have now had the phone call and as I long suspected they are going to having me stop hormones 1 month before due to being on injections. I'm not surprised by it and they are actually going to work with my primary care doctor and insurance to fill any scripts from down there ahead of time at pharmacies where I live which will make that part even easier. Other than the this call was just to over the pre op instructions and touch base. I'm do to check in with her again a week or so before my surgery is to occur. wow 5 weeks tell my surgery now. It's getting to be closer now. Hugs
Mariah

Time is flying...sounds like it is all going to plan...excitement building I bet!!!

Hugs
Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Mariah

Exciting yes but definitely dreading the hormone break although I know and definitely agree that break is necessary and even a fair return for what I'm getting in return. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: ElizabethK on September 22, 2016, 07:22:41 PM
Time is flying...sounds like it is all going to plan...excitement building I bet!!!

Hugs
Liz
  •  

Mariah

One other thing I learned today is that the time of my SRS may change a few times between now and my SRS date. It was scheduled for 11;45am but now is 1pm in the afternoon that day. I have no idea what the final time will end up being but we will see as we get closer. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

jujubes1986

Quote from: Mariah on September 22, 2016, 09:47:33 PM
One other thing I learned today is that the time of my SRS may change a few times between now and my SRS date. It was scheduled for 11;45am but now is 1pm in the afternoon that day. I have no idea what the final time will end up being but we will see as we get closer. Hugs
Mariah

For dr brassards, we find out the time on the morning of surgery... There's like at least 5 girls I think on the day of my aurgery

[/url]
  •  

Mariah

Not sure how many Meltzer has the day I'm in there. I would imagine it is a few as well that day. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: jujubes1986 on September 23, 2016, 08:36:19 AM
For dr brassards, we find out the time on the morning of surgery... There's like at least 5 girls I think on the day of my aurgery
  •  

Rachel

Wow, a month before to stop IM. Where I go delestrogen was out if stock so I switched to pills. I was off E and spiro 2 weeks before and 1 week after for FFS. I had no hot flashes.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Mariah

Yeah I'm on depo estradiol so that is available. I haven't had a break in HRT since starting so this will be interesting. I have a feeling hot flashes will happen with the break the length it is. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Rachel Lynn on September 23, 2016, 09:26:42 PM
Wow, a month before to stop IM. Where I go delestrogen was out if stock so I switched to pills. I was off E and spiro 2 weeks before and 1 week after for FFS. I had no hot flashes.
  •  

kaitylynn

I am so happy for you Mariah!  I have been following this thread and look forward to following your speedy recovery.
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Mariah

Wow less than a month tell my SRS. It's hard to believe that is that soon. Tomorrow will be my last injection before I go into the long break do to SRS without any injection. Since my cycle isn't a 14 day but less it will result in it being interesting even earlier than the 2 week point. Now that we are waiting on the Doctor to send things to the insurance to be sent to my doctor so I can get the pre and post op scripts filled I'm in contact with the case manager from the insurance more often. I wasn't expecting that to be the case, but has turned into being the case at the point. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

jujubes1986

Quote from: Mariah on September 28, 2016, 03:24:25 PM
Wow less than a month tell my SRS. It's hard to believe that is that soon. Tomorrow will be my last injection before I go into the long break do to SRS without any injection. Since my cycle isn't a 14 day but less it will result in it being interesting even earlier than the 2 week point. Now that we are waiting on the Doctor to send things to the insurance to be sent to my doctor so I can get the pre and post op scripts filled I'm in contact with the case manager from the insurance more often. I wasn't expecting that to be the case, but has turned into being the case at the point. Hugs
Mariah

OMG 29 days :)

[/url]
  •  

Mariah

I'm still here, kinda. Less than three weeks tell my surgery. At this point we are trying to work around an issue that should just be pencil whipped through by the doctor filling in for my primary care doctor. They are concerned about one o the post op meds interacting with two meds I'm on right now. Spiro well shouldn't be an issue since doctor's are tapering that off due to my kidney's post surgically and the other is a BP med used to also deal with protein again due to my kidney's. The one medication which is an antibiotic apparently can cause my Potassium to go up when in combination with those according to the pharmacy. Imagine that, I think that was not exactly a surprise to me so I'm expecting this to be cleared up today. I leave now in 15 days. I can't wait and I have a lot ahead of me. Tomorrow will be the last day of the previous hormone cycle and then well as I can already imagine my levels are getting lower and lower by the day or even moment to be honest. I guess we will see how this will affect me. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

Mariah

I talked to them this morning and apparently a couple forms were faxed from the Group Health Mail Order Pharmacy and signed off on by the doctor who is filling in for mine. So all is good apparently on that front. I haven't seen it change status wise at the pharmacy so I'm guessing it will be later today when I hear back from them about it. I will reach out them later today if I see nothing and check the status on their end with the insurance and the case manager on my case at Group Health. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

islandgirl

Glad to see that all is on track! Time will fly by.
Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

Mariah

Yep, it will. It's already flying bye to be honest. It wasn't that long ago and it was a month away and not here I am staring at my SRS that is less that three weeks away. Islandgirl, thank you. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

Mariah

So I had to call the Pharmacy and had them check the notes from the doctor so they could finally fill the script. So the latest hurdle that shouldn't have been one has now been cleared. Who knew that many steps would be needed to get one script I'm going to need after surgery to clear. Hugs
Mariah
  •