News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I want to lactate

Started by 2Wendy2, December 24, 2016, 11:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikigirl

Hi Wendy,
This is the link that covers Induced lactation by breast pumping and the combination of pumping and Domperidone!

I hope you have some success as I have!  :)
Riki

Edit for TOS 1 violation

Trouble is, it hasn't happened yet!
  •  

KayXo

To induce lactation, you need to be on high enough levels of estradiol and progesterone for several months, at least, perhaps even longer so that your breasts develop enough (ducts and milk glands inside the breast) to be able to produce and distribute enough milk. Estradiol and progesterone will both naturally increase prolactin levels so you don't need to take anything else that increases prolactin. My levels are around 80-130 ng/ml (typical of  pregnant and breastfeeding women), on just estrogen and progesterone. Bio-identical hormones are safest so it's best to stay away from birth control pills. Herbs aren't necessary and can cause side-effects as well if you don't know what you're doing.

Once your breasts are properly developed, then hormones should be stopped as these inhibit milk production so as long as estrogen and/or progesterone are present, milk production will be little to absent (i.e. colostrum, yellow), despite high prolactin levels, as is the case during pregnancy, usually.

Upon hormone discontinuation, nipple stimulation, every few hours, will stimulate prolactin and oxytocin production, which promote milk production and ejection, respectively.

Lactating may result in calcium/phosphorus loss so that it is important to keep an eye on these things and consume enough dairy or other products to keep up with the demand and not have decalcification/bone loss.  Vitamin D is important. A multivitamin should help.

As always, please discuss and share all this information with a competent doctor and have them be on board with you, supervise you, take the appropriate blood/physical tests. You need to also be patient. Best of luck. :)

I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

Jin

The first idea that pops into my head is: get Pregnant.

But realisticly, it is all about hormones.

I have natural breasts that came in with puberty. When our children were young, I could produce a few ounces daily from each side. It is very fulfilling to be able to feed your baby with your own body.
To this day, whenever I see a woman breastfeeding, my nipples tingle and my whole breast will ache for several days

I wish you joy in this journey.
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

2Wendy2

Thanks everyone, your advice is all right on! I did hear back from my Dr. today and he is totally behind helping me lactate! WOO HOO! I Love that guy! He is sending me a prescription (which I need to fill at my Canadian Pharmacy) I intend to take this in conjunction with the other items mentioned in here.I'll update on my progress!

I am soooooo excited! ;D

Wendy
kisses...Wendy
  •  

RavenMoon

Lactating without being pregnant is known as galactorrea. It's not a "normal" situation, but caused by high levels of the hormone prolactin.

Prolactin is what causes the breasts to produce milk. Prolactin is produced by the pituitary gland. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

LShipley

Interesting..  I've read those links before but one thing I hadn't read was if you have to stop taking hormones for the entire time you want to lactate or if they start them again once production has started?

Time off estrogen would be so stressful to me  :o

•  

KayXo

I believe that retaking hormones would eventually stop lactation as these inhibit milk production while prolactin alone, promotes milk production.
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

Rikigirl

Quote from: LShipley on December 27, 2016, 01:36:49 PM
Interesting..  I've read those links before but one thing I hadn't read was if you have to stop taking hormones for the entire time you want to lactate or if they start them again once production has started?

Time off estrogen would be so stressful to me  :o
Hi, my experience is that you lower the amount of HRT not stop to achieve lactation. I wouldn't recommend stopping, as for me the pain of the disphoria would not be worth it.

Trouble is, it hasn't happened yet!
  •  

noleen111

I achieved lactation a few years back, I did it with the guidance of my doctor..(Don't mess with hormones without a medical professional)

Ít takes patience and is quite commitment. At my peak I managed to extract about half the amount of milk a mother would need to feed a child. I use to extract twice a day using an electric breast pump when working and more on my days off. When you breasts are full of milk it can be very uncomfortable and can hurt. It actually feels quite amazing when the pump extracts the milk, hard to describe. I remember feeling so female.

My breasts become more fuller and rounded out nicely and these affects for me were permanent. 

Someday my man and I want to adopt children and if possible I would like achieve lactation again to breast feed the baby. I am not sure, if the milk we produce from our hormone treatments will be as nutrient rich as from a cis-females.
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •  

Lucie

Quote from: KayXo on December 27, 2016, 01:53:24 PM
I believe that retaking hormones would eventually stop lactation as these inhibit milk production while prolactin alone, promotes milk production.

The page at https://www.drugs.com/breastfeeding/estradiol.html provides an interesting insight about estrogen intake while breastfeeding.
  •  

KayXo

I think progesterone inhibits lactation more so than does estrogen. I could be wrong. Estrogen also stimulates prolactin release.

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

2Wendy2

Well, it took forever for the Domperidone to arrive, but it got here two days ago So, here we are, just two days later I am getting clear; sweet flavored drops from each nipple WOO HOO! In 4 days I am gonna decrease the other hormones which should light the match to the fuel....

I am soooooo excited!
kisses...Wendy
  •  

2Wendy2

Today the clear liquid turned a yellowish cream color and there is more of it, but it is not sweet like the clear fluid was. I suspect it is Colostrum.

This is most excellent!
kisses...Wendy
  •  

Lady_Oracle

Quote from: KayXo on February 01, 2017, 04:20:38 PM
I think progesterone inhibits lactation more so than does estrogen. I could be wrong. Estrogen also stimulates prolactin release.

It does, you're absolutely right. All I have to do is start taking P continuously again and my milk pretty much dries up. Its ideal for when you're building your breast tissue as you know of course, I just wanna mention that I've steadily done so the times I'm on it. The trick is you really just have to up your diet to compensate to see a true increase in volume and so you should develop more breast tissue following the marmet technique. The problem is you have to be consistent every single day with hand expression/pumping and not miss a session, combine that with the increase in diet, its not easy at all. Your breasts will swell a lot more basically and fat builds better. Of course this is whatever is within your genetics. However my e intake stays the same for the most part and I dont really see any decrease in my supply. The sharp drop in E I'm guessing is only needed to trigger the milk to come in after that its not as important. I'm only saying this based on my own experience so far. There's not a lot of data on this subject regarding trans women, let alone pre-op, so I could be wrong.

Quote from: 2Wendy2 on February 09, 2017, 10:37:26 AM
Today the clear liquid turned a yellowish cream color and there is more of it, but it is not sweet like the clear fluid was. I suspect it is Colostrum.

This is most excellent!

It's not colostrum, thats a common misconception. I hate to put this so bluntly but only someone who goes through a full pregnancy can develop colostrum. Those of us who induce cis or trans cannot produce colostrum at all. Nipple discharge pre lactation can be anywhere from clear to yellow, even green which are typical discharge colors. Its pretty common for some form of liquid to be ejected if you squeeze enough. When you start to see cloudy white, you're probably close.
  •  

2Wendy2

Thanks Lady_Oracle, I didn't know that. Just when you think you've done all the research something else pops up  :)

Given this new revelation my best guess it's milk and it's fixin' to let loose!  :)

Wendy
kisses...Wendy
  •  

2Wendy2

I am sooooo excited about all of this, I have been trying for years to lactate with little success, today I got my first wet spots on the front of my tee shirt, not only is my shirt wet, but my panties are totally soaked  :embarrassed:

I really want to keep this going, I am going to speak with my doctor about it....Have I mentioned I am really excited?  :angel:
kisses...Wendy
  •  

2Wendy2

Well, cut way back on E & P today to try and bring my milk in all the way. My research tells me that will take about 3 days, I have my fingers crossed!

i will let you know ASAP how it works....

Wendy
kisses...Wendy
  •  

2Wendy2

Update: I am producing about a tablespoon of breastmilk a day from each breast. For some reason I cannot get a single drop using a breast pump (I have a Medela Pump in Style Advanced, not a cheap one) I use it for at least 20 minutes every 3-4 hours, on all kinds of different settings to no avail. But the second I take it off and hand express I get a lot. Going to sell it, I bought a Spectra S1 that should be here in a few days.

For the first time yesterday I felt the pressure of fullness, not necessarily pain just uncomfortable, once I got home and hand expressed it was all better. I can pretty much squeeze out a few drops whenever I want to, all good!

All of this just feels so natural, so fulfilling, so good. I have a Dr appt in a couple week and an besides blood work I am going to discuss how I can keep this going it, I absolutely love it!
kisses...Wendy
  •  

mm

Since you are feeling fullness, you are probably starting to produce more.  You are probably doing the the right things to get things going for you.  Next thing you will notice is leaking in your bra being wet.
  •  

2Wendy2

mm...

You nailed it; today I started squirting!  ;)
kisses...Wendy
  •