Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Now they think we stole the rainbow from them.

Started by DawnOday, December 24, 2016, 12:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DawnOday

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ark-encounter-rainbow_us_585d39efe4b0eb5864860974

The morally oppressed or is that repressed, have decided that our "Alternative lifestyle" use of the Rainbow was stolen from them. I can't make this up people.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Deborah

I don't think their plan is going to work.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
André Gide, Autumn Leaves
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Dayta

We could always trade it back in exchange for being treated with respect like human beings. 

•  

zamber74

Oh my god, aren't they just so adorable?  Ha!  Oh, I love these wacky conspiracy nuts and their persistent persecution complex.. it is amazing how bad they think they actually have it in this society.  Oh I could go on for pages regarding these sort of people.. I'll leave it for yahoo news, instead of offending the good people of this sub forum.
  •  

Michelle_P

The rainbow? "With different colors"?!??  I think they just described flags in general.  Damn those countries, appropriating the Chrstia (?!??) Rainbow with different colors!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

LizK

See how many people thanked them for their support...I certainly did.

;D
Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Kylo

Apple 'stole' it before we did, maybe they should get on their case too.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Brandon

The community actually did steal the rainbow from God.
keep working hard and you can get anything you want.    -Aaliyah
  •  

Raell

LOL!

Ignore them. Rainbows occur in nature.
People can't copyright them unless they are used in a special trademark design, like the Apple symbol.
  •  

AnneK

Much of Christianity was stolen from someone else.  For example, the ark was "borrowed" from the Babylonians, not to mention Christmas, which was a hijacked "pagan" festival.  Christianity has a long history of stealing from others.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

itsApril

So we stole the rainbow and they want it back?  Too bad!  The rainbow looks good on me!

Reminds me of the time a few years ago when vapid celebrity-for-no-reason Paris Hilton filed a petition with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for a commercial trademark on the word "hot."  Application denied.  You don't hear much about Paris Hilton anymore, do you?
-April
  •  

Brandon

And some of you guys wonder why Christians have an issue with you. Stuff like that, personally it offends that the lgbt community took the rainbow, you took it and twisted the whole meaning.
  •  

Brandon

Quote from: AnneK on May 26, 2017, 06:05:23 AM
Much of Christianity was stolen from someone else.  For example, the ark was "borrowed" from the Babylonians, not to mention Christmas, which was a hijacked "pagan" festival.  Christianity has a long history of stealing from others.

Let me clarify something, the lgbt community twisted the whole meaning, that was my point and this is why alot of Christians have an issue with you guys, I don't recall Christianity ever stealing something and changing meaning.
  •  

AnneK

Well, you can start here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_controversies#History_2

There were prior "pagan" festivals prior to Christianity that were taken over.  I also mentioned the ark, which came from the Babylonians and there are others.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

•  

Raell

Sorry, Brandon..the Sumerians wrote the the same stories as the first part of the Old Testament 2000 years before the Bible was even written, using the same names-changed only for Babylonian spelling, and incidences except told from the viewpoint of aliens, or "gods" from another world that mixed their DNA with local ape human to genetically engineer workers for the gold mines. They also engineered domestic animals and crop plants in their garden of Aiden.

The origins of human beings according to ancient Sumerian texts http://www.ancient-origins.net/human-origins-folklore/origins-human-beings-according-ancient-sumerian-texts-0065?
  •  

Brandon

Quote from: AnneK on May 27, 2017, 06:13:33 AM
Well, you can start here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_controversies#History_2

There were prior "pagan" festivals prior to Christianity that were taken over.  I also mentioned the ark, which came from the Babylonians and there are others.

And I am sure Christianity might have taken things but that's not the topic of discussion, the whole point was the rainbow has a whole different meaning and that is that Gods promise, that he would not flood the earth again, I mean come on even some of the lgbt community knows that. So you should understand why some Christians don't like the lgbt community. That's all I am saying
  •  

AnneK

Well, I somehow doubt rainbows were first invented for the ark.  And as I mentioned, the biblical ark story was based on a Babylonian myth.  Given that the bible is so easily contradicted by history, archaeology and even within itself, why should any of it be believed?  Add that the fact that it has been edited a few times in the process.  A big edit came around the 3rd century, there were more changes with the King James vs Catholic bible and more.  The old testament can be traced to 3 groups who pretty much wrote the entire thing, none of whom had any connection to the actual events.  Of course, not a word of the new testament was written within 3 generations of the supposed events.  So, what can you possibly point to as absolute fact?  I'd say absolutely none of if.

•  

Deborah

Do Christians also dislike the US Army?

42d Infantry Div "Rainbow Division"
http://bit.ly/2quBoAy

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

AnneK

Quote"Rainbow Division"

Given the context here, I could make a joke about that, but I'd better not.   ;)

•  

Brandon

Quote from: AnneK on May 27, 2017, 12:10:27 PM
Well, I somehow doubt rainbows were first invented for the ark.  And as I mentioned, the biblical ark story was based on a Babylonian myth.  Given that the bible is so easily contradicted by history, archaeology and even within itself, why should any of it be believed?  Add that the fact that it has been edited a few times in the process.  A big edit came around the 3rd century, there were more changes with the King James vs Catholic bible and more.  The old testament can be traced to 3 groups who pretty much wrote the entire thing, none of whom had any connection to the actual events.  Of course, not a word of the new testament was written within 3 generations of the supposed events.  So, what can you possibly point to as absolute fact?  I'd say absolutely none of if.

What's written in the bible should be believed because alot alot of things that were prophicided in the bible is starting to come to past and alot alot of people are noticing that and not just Christians and people are scared, all it takes is to read it and you will see matter fact I could post a picture on here of a bible scripture talking about the end of the world and how the people will act and its scary because its happening.
  •