Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Your favorite trans YouTuber?

Started by PurpleWolf, December 02, 2017, 03:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleWolf

Is there someone whose videos you particularly enjoy watching? Or someone you find really interesting? Or someone you view as your role model?

Hope you don't say Blaire White  xD!
But feel free to tell your opinion no matter what it is!

--
My favorite tuber must be Jammidodger (Jamie Raines)! Always great subjects & to the point! Plus funny  :D! Huge like!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHSIA2JRC5PWvUX4Sl8OrcA

Another one that comes to my mind is Trinity [BeautyWithTrinity]

I think she kicks ass, ;D!
!!!REBIRTH=legal name change on Feb 16th 2018!!!
This is where life begins for me. It's a miracle I finally got it done.

My body is the home of my soul; not the other way around.

I'm more than anything an individual; I'm too complex to be put in any box.

- A social butterfly not living in social isolation anymore  ;D -
(Highly approachable but difficult to grasp)

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •  

CMD042414

Started T: April 2014
Top Surgery: June 2014
Hysterectomy: August 2015
Phalloplasty: Stage 1-August 2018
  •  

echo7

My favorite is probably Maya.  She seems very normal, not controversial or annoying in any way, which I believe is the best way for us to gain acceptance.
  •  

LanaR

I really like a Girl for all seasons, I just find her very relate-able.
  •  

PurpleWolf

Quote from: LanaR on December 02, 2017, 06:06:25 PM

Like her too  :D!

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •  

Kylo

The one I liked listening to left, so I guess I don't have a favorite now.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

LanaR

Jammidodger reminds me a little of PRINCESSJOULES  :)
  •  

Elis

They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Marlee

•  

AnonyMs

Years ago I watched a lot of YouTube and had some favorites. I don't find the newer generation very interesting though, but I'm not sure if its me or them?
  •  

AnamethatstartswithE

Quote from: LanaR on December 02, 2017, 06:06:25 PM
I'll third that. I also used to watch Sarah n dipity but she took down all of her tras stuff.
  •  

MaryT

Elena Genevinne is the one I look for first.  Perhaps it is because she is unpredictable.  Also sometimes a bit crude but I am a grown-up, technically.  I look for Maya's new videos next.
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: AnamethatstartswithE on December 03, 2017, 08:46:52 AM
I'll third that. I also used to watch Sarah n dipity but she took down all of her tras stuff.

Sarah n dipity was my favorite I actually talked with her it was so cool and exciting for me it was like meeting a famous person she did a video on her channel that I asked her It was letter to her 18 year old self I do miss her channel. I watched it when I was feeling down 
  •  

Corax

I enjoy a lot of the content created by Theryn Meyer and also by Blaire White even though I have certain disagreements - some more strongly than others - with both ladies about one point and the other.
I'm a political person; hence political content is more interesting to me and gives me more to think about than your average "This is my voice XY months on T" videos, those get repetitive, boring and uninteresting after one has seen one or two of them.
And both Theryn Meyer and Blaire White talk about (often controversial) political subjects even though they have a different way of discussing things as I think Blaire relies more on a comedic and provocative delivery and presentation of her content and opinions.

I also like to watch Jammidodger's videos but he has already been mentioned more than once. I like that his videos surrounding the subject are humorous and entertaining. He seems to be a funny and likeable dude in general and he provides some variety of topics on his channel keeping it interesting.
He presents his content in a really light-hearted way and he has made me laugh more than once. 

Then there are some none English speaking guys as well but mentioning them would be pointless on an English speaking forum so I'll leave it at those I've already mentioned, it's probably better anyway as this is turning into a novel it seems. 
  •  

PurpleWolf

Quote from: Corax on December 04, 2017, 01:59:18 PM
Then there are some none English speaking guys as well but mentioning them would be pointless on an English speaking forum so I'll leave it at those I've already mentioned, it's probably better anyway as this is turning into a novel it seems.

No, feel free to also include any non-English speaking ones, guys! This forum (though English speaking) provides for people from all walks of life & across the globe,  ;).

And not everyone here speaks just English, you know!

•  

Corax

Quote from: PurpleWolf on December 04, 2017, 03:11:02 PM
No, feel free to also include any non-English speaking ones, guys! This forum (though English speaking) provides for people from all walks of life & across the globe,  ;).

And not everyone here speaks just English, you know!

I know that there are people who speak more than one language as you might have concluded so do I ;)
I meant it was pointless in a way that no one here would know who I am talking about anyway because those guys have a really small reach and no international reach at all. There is no comparison between their popularity and the popularity of the English speaking trans YouTubers who are widely and internationally known because the English language is understood by people everywhere in the world.

But since you encourage it in your thread I'll continue my novel then I guess xD

Kater Schnurz is another trans YouTuber whose videos I really appreciate even though I disagree with him a damn lot and even on fundamental questions such as how many genders there are or whether gender is a social construct or not. [Spoiler: He says more than two, I say only two. He says yes, I say no.] His topics aren't the common ones and often not those one has heard a thousands of times in discussions already and he also has another, philosophical approach to them and dives deeper into the matter which results in his videos being longer on average but they often give rise to some questions and encourage to think about things one might haven't thought about before or at least not from more than one perspective.
And that's why I consider him one of my favourites of those who talk about the trans subject even though I have a lot of disagreements and come to different conclusions than him regarding many of the questions his videos are about or give rise to.

Aside from him there is 'Jang-just a normal guy' who documented his phalloplasty right out of the hospital in great detail and answered questions about it. To me personally this was extremely informative because it shows what will await me without sugarcoating any of it. The guy also appears on the collaborative channel 'Mr Think Queer' from time to time at least. He is one of the very few of that collaborative channel whose videos I deem worth watching and like. 

Another YouTuber who talked about his phalloplasty a lot and makes really informative videos is Joes Journey. He also is a rather funny dude who creates some little humorous sequences in serious information videos and has a way of creating a light and optimistic outlook.
  •  

Siobhan Amanda

"You only live twice"
  •  

Morgana

My favorite is ContraPoints. In her videos, she artfully and humorously discusses various important sociopolitical issues as well as her own journey of self discovery.  Though I don't agree with everything that she says, I must admit that her points are well reasoned. Her videos are as entertaining as they are cerebral.
  •  

LanaR

Thanks for the heads up Morgana, I'd not stumbled across ContraPoints, she's really quiet good  :)
  •  

Gertrude

I liked tuber called Lacey and she was from Alaska. I don't think she produces content anymore. Same with ask a transsexual, from Sweden. She was a riot. There's another one, something about making it better. She's ok. I like girl for all seasons too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •