Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Astride your hot dog...

Started by Megan., December 29, 2017, 05:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Jade

I can post my recipe for my Rolled Oat dense Staffordshire oatcakes and how to make them some time I suppose (A mix between South Cheshire (Macclesfield) and Staffs Oatcakes) . Apparently a version of Indian flat breads brought back from India 150 years ago, when UK had colonies (not going into the political and humanitarian side of that). Anyone from that area of the England that emigrates elsewhere always misses them.
Love
Katie
XOX   :angel: :angel: :angel: >:-) :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Julia1996

It's more like what I won't put on a hotdog. Mustard,ketchup, chili cheese, sauerkraut, coleslaw, raw onions, caramelized onions, jalapeño slices, relish, hot sauce and Dill pickles. Something else I do sometimes is wrap the hot dog in a slice of bacon then grilling it. That's stuff I put on a hotdog but not all at once of course. I'm picky about hotdogs. They have to be beef. The ones made from chicken and pork are nasty. I would never microwave a hotdog. They come out all uneven and the ends explode. I boil them, roast them or grill them.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

When I make Mac n' Cheese I'll grill a bacon wrapped hot dog or two and saute some onion to go with it
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: V M on December 31, 2017, 12:47:47 PM
When I make Mac n' Cheese I'll grill a bacon wrapped hot dog or two and saute some onion to go with it
That sounds really good. Hot dogs are good with so many things. My brother has put both baked beans and potato salad on his hotdog. I was afraid my boyfriend might put vegemite on his hot dog but thankfully he hasn't so far. Lol.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

I like to take the hot dog bun and squirt both sides with it before putting to hotdog in the fill it with tasty sauerkraut and finally pull that unfit for human consumption hot dog out of it and throw it away. Now the hotdog is ready to eat.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

V M

Quote from: Laurie on December 31, 2017, 11:58:53 PM
I like to take the hot dog bun and squirt both sides with it before putting to hotdog in the fill it with tasty sauerkraut and finally pull that unfit for human consumption hot dog out of it and throw it away. Now the hotdog is ready to eat.

Um, okay
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Colleen_definitely

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoran_hot_dog

Bacon wrapped hot dog cooked on a griddle + soft bollio roll + pinto beans + onions + tomatoes/salsa/pico de gallo/jalapenos/whatever + mayo or sour cream + cheese =

As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Colleen_definitely

They are fantastic. I miss living in Arizona.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Devlyn

Smuggled directly from England to me.  ;)

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on January 15, 2018, 10:36:37 AM

I'm not telling how I got it past the TSA, but lube helped [emoji23]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Megan. on January 15, 2018, 12:20:08 PM

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

TMI
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Sephirah

Lol, awesome :D I know it can be extremely expensive outside of Sheffield.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Roll

For me it is less about the toppings, and more about properly cooking the proper hotdog. Kosher and angus, no exceptions, and highest quality you can find of that. Make horizontal slices every half an inch, not too deep. Slice down vertically to about the center of the hotdog. Grill on charcoal, ONLY CHARCOAL, letting the rendered juices drop into the grill causing flareups that char the insides of the hotdog. Rotate until skin on all sides is bubbley blackened (not completely, but like 75%). Keep toppings simple: Ketchup, mustard, relish down the middle of the dog where you made the split.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on January 15, 2018, 01:54:34 PM
For me it is less about the toppings, and more about properly cooking the proper hotdog. Kosher and angus, no exceptions, and highest quality you can find of that. Make horizontal slices every half an inch, not too deep. Slice down vertically to about the center of the hotdog. Grill on charcoal, ONLY CHARCOAL, letting the rendered juices drop into the grill causing flareups that char the insides of the hotdog. Rotate until skin on all sides is bubbley blackened (not completely, but like 75%). Keep toppings simple: Ketchup, mustard, relish down the middle of the dog where you made the split.

So no $1.00 a pack hotdogs made from snouts & tails and don't microwave it until the ends explode and it's orange crunchy. Got it.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 15, 2018, 02:02:17 PM
So no $1.00 a pack hotdogs made from snouts & tails and don't microwave it until the ends explode and it's orange crunchy. Got it.

Mmmm... snouts & tails... *drools*

But then I like black pudding, which is basically fried blood, so ignore me. :P
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Sephirah on January 15, 2018, 01:41:46 PM

Not surprising given the shipping method:

Quote from: Megan. on January 15, 2018, 12:20:08 PM

Quote from: Roll on January 15, 2018, 01:54:34 PM

Blasphemy. Hotdogs should be cooked in beer.  :laugh:
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on January 15, 2018, 02:07:55 PM

Not surprising given the shipping method:

Blasphemy. Hotdogs should be cooked in beer.  :laugh:

All this talk reminded me I have Hot Italian sausages in the freezer.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Laurie

Okay I probably could eat  Ellie's cooked hotdogs by her description. I usually don't get to eat hot dogs that are grilling on a BBQ for me. Before they are edible someone comes along and throws it away thinking it was cooked too much.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•