Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Astride your hot dog...

Started by Megan., December 29, 2017, 05:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

Ketchup,  mustard,  chilli,  cheese, bacon,  onions (cooked or raw)...

What do you like to see taking pride of place along the top of your hot dog?

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Megan.

Ketchup and French's mustard are my faves,  with a few soft and sweet onions. [emoji4]

•  

Jessica

Sautéed red onion relish, brown mustard and dill pickle spears!  Yum!

Megan aren't they called frankfurters where you are?

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Devlyn

Mustard and relish if I'm eating it standing up. If I can have it on a plate, I'll have a chili cheese dog with sauerkraut.

I watched one of those "Ten Best Hotdogs" shows, and of course they visited Chicago. The host explained that everyone knows ketchup is sweet, kids like ketchup. But if you're above the age of eight and ask for ketchup on your dog in the Windy City, the vendor is going to point at the condiments and tell you to ruin it yourself!  :laugh:

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Jessica on December 29, 2017, 05:37:29 PM
Sautéed red onion relish, brown mustard and dill pickle spears!  Yum!

Megan aren't they called frankfurters where you are?
In Germany they have frankfurters. In the UK it's the humble sausage/banger.

•  

Gertrude

Ketchup and/or mustard, sauerkraut, onions,dill pickles and/or jalapeño depending on mood. Sriracha is also a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Devlyn

As for the dog itself, I buy Pearl Country Club hotdogs. The first time I had one I was hooked.
  •  

Sephirah

Hendos.

Erm... Henderson's Relish. Something only available in the North of England, apparently. At least offline.

Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Devlyn

It says secret formula, but I know you. There isn't anything vegetable related in that secret formula!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

V M

I don't eat hot dogs very often but every now and then I'll have a craving for one... or two

Sometimes I'll make a couple of chili cheese dogs with some horseradish mustard, chopped red onion and smother the chili on top - Yes, it has to be eaten with a fork

Other times I'll make a more traditional mustard dog with chopped red onion, tomato slices and dill pickles

All beef wieners only and usually a side of fries

Ketchup on a hot dog is just wrong imo LOL

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 30, 2017, 04:39:48 PM
It says secret formula, but I know you. There isn't anything vegetable related in that secret formula!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn

LOL!

You're probably right. I'd be able to tell. ;D
  •  

Cassi

Mayo, Cheese, maybe onions.   :police:
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

DawnOday

There is nothing better than a grilled Dodger Dog with mustard, onions and relish. That is except a great baseball game. After the game try Tommy's w/chili on Beverly and Rampart. There is also Pinks and Carney's. Where you can get dogs named after celebrates.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Sephirah on December 30, 2017, 04:42:51 PM

LOL!

You're probably right. I'd be able to tell. ;D

This is the most interesting Wikipedia page I've read in awhile.  :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henderson%27s_Relish
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 30, 2017, 04:47:44 PM
This is the most interesting Wikipedia page I've read in awhile.  :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henderson%27s_Relish

Lol, yeah, as a Sheffielder I can attest that it is indeed the answer to everything. ;D It does have a bit of a cult following and a regional identity. Which is annoying when I try to get my friends to try it who don't live where I do.
  •  

V M

When I was younger there was this guy who ran a hot dog cart outside a club I would frequent

Those dogs were awesome and there was always a great selection of condiments including chili so no matter your preference there was a good chance you could get "your dog" there  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Katie Jade

Hendersons, Pulled pork, Melted Wenslydale cheese and Burger van mild English mustard (and fried onions...)
Drooling  but so bad for the body - good for the soul (occasionally)

Hugz ( need longer arms to hug me after a couple of those)

Katie  :angel: :angel: :angel: >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) :angel: :angel: >:-) >:-) >:-)

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Cassi

Hendersons the UK version of the US Tabasco sauce :)

Years ago, knew a guy who worked concessions at Dodger Stadium and would bring day-old dogs to the office. 
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

OMG Katie!

That sounds soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo delightful and I don't even like Mustard :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Katie Jade

Derby Btw and used to work in Sheff.. as well as Chesterfield..

I do Like home made Staffordshire oatcakes, the the dogs and fillings as described... Its the food you get in heaven if you have been really good (as we all are)

Katie

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •