Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Am I the odd one?

Started by Katie Ellen, January 08, 2018, 02:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on January 08, 2018, 04:50:30 PM
I live for people asking me if I'm male or female so I can reply with a resounding "Yes."  :laugh:

I live for people asking me if I want a cookie so I can reply with a resounding "Yes." And get a cookie.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Doreen

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on January 08, 2018, 02:23:47 PM
I love jeans and tees, it's what I usually wear, because it's usually what the occasion calls for. And that's the secret: Dress appropriately. You don't blend being underdressed in a situation that calls for something nicer, in fact, you can look uncouth.

Hugs, Devlyn

See here is where I differ from many. I'm 6'2.  I'm tall, skinny, and have a good figure & face. Frankly I'll never just 'blend in' I'll always stick out no matter where.  Might as well make it look good anyways, because people will notice me however I choose to dress.  That's just my viewpoint on it.  I generally choose to look cute, whether thats in shapely leggings or a nice dress.
  •  

jessica95

Quote from: raeanne on January 08, 2018, 02:18:52 PM
I've never really been into wearing a dress/skirt and heels. Seems like the majority of those here do favor that.

I haven't gone out in public yet, but when I do I'm sure that I'll be wearing jeans or leggings. I just want to blend in.

So, am I the odd one here?
Nope! People has different tastes, not everyone likes dress/skirt and heels. Wear what you want, and dont be ashamed of anything!
  •  

Jayne01

I can't see myself wearing a dress day to day. Maybe if an Occassion called for dressing up. On a daily basis I would prefer some type of pants with a nice top.

You are not odd at all.

Jayne
  •  

Janes Groove

I push the boundaries and wear skirts a lot.  Even to Walmart. I'm a girly girl.
  •  

elkie-t

I always wonder if it's a distinction based on crossdresser vs transsexual? Crossdressers want to wear skirts because they represent utmost female clothes, transsexuals don't care that much about clothes and wear what other women wear (and it's 80% of time pants, at least in USA).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: elkie-t on January 09, 2018, 02:47:01 PM
I always wonder if it's a distinction based on crossdresser vs transsexual? Crossdressers want to wear skirts because they represent utmost female clothes, transsexuals don't care that much about clothes and wear what other women wear (and it's 80% of time pants, at least in USA).
I don't think I agree.  I am a transsexual (got my first surgery letter!), but I definitely prefer skirts.  I think it depends more on what the focus of your dysphoria was.  Mine centred around gender presentation, so I felt the enforced skirt-deprivation very keenly when I had to present as male.  Wearing skirts is kind of a rebound effect, overcompensating for the years of deprivation.

I am not sure that makes me a cross-dresser, even though that was my main dysphoria relief before I started transitioning.  I still have body dysphoria, and now that I am dealing with my presentation, I am starting to work on it.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Geeker

Quote from: raeanne on January 08, 2018, 02:18:52 PM
I've never really been into wearing a dress/skirt and heels. Seems like the majority of those here do favor that.

I haven't gone out in public yet, but when I do I'm sure that I'll be wearing jeans or leggings. I just want to blend in.

So, am I the odd one here?

Yes, but no more so than anyone else  :P . If it makes you feel any better, I'm not too terribly big on dresses/skirts and heels either... I'd probably break my neck in a pair of heels.
I'm not out, I'm not on E, unless things change I doubt I ever will be.
  •  

Lexi Nexi

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on January 08, 2018, 04:50:30 PM
I live for people asking me if I'm male or female so I can reply with a resounding "Yes."  :laugh:

From your picture I would never guess that you were trans.. :)

I havent left the house today and im wearing a short black skater dress and knee high boots that lace up the sides with three inch heels. I just like walking in them.
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: elkie-t on January 09, 2018, 02:47:01 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cross dresser seems like an archaic word to me. Not as bad as transvestite, but getting there. Transgender seems to cover more real estate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

elkie-t

Quote from: Gertrude on January 09, 2018, 08:55:20 PM
Cross dresser seems like an archaic word to me. Not as bad as transvestite, but getting there. Transgender seems to cover more real estate.

I don't think it's archaic or inappropriate. I think it defines a very big subset of transgender population. But my vocabulary formed in 20th century, maybe it is a bit outdated for 21st... I don't care really. As my grandma used to say, 'ass is a bad word but each of us has it.' - meaning we sometimes cannot avoid using 'bad' words and there's nothing inherently bad about them if used in the right context.
  •  

Lucy Ross

Someone quipped that the way to tell transsexuals from crossdressers is that the TSs are wearing comfortable clothes.  The CDs I've met were are dressed to the nines, no surprise since it was a night on the town for everyone; I don't think I need to meet more of them in person because they fill up hard drives with photos of themselves, which are posted all over the internet.  Maybe there's an odd duck CD out there who is content with just jeans and tops.  I thought I was something along those lines, then figured out that I'm really a TS.  I still can't stand taking pictures of myself, and haven't delved too deeply into my looks; I'm waiting for my body to develop the way it should be.

Anyway, transwomen are, you know, women.  Crossdressers are men temporarily enacting the fantasy of being women - and I mean FANTASY.  Nothing wrong with fantasies, and CDs are wholly enthralled to what they do, same as our dysphorias compel us; I'm not looking down on them by any means.  Some TSs are snappy dressers, glamorous, etc.  Again, the ones I've met in person were all pretty straightforward gals; about the flashiest thing on display were some cute nail jobs.   I don't know where the OP got the idea we were a pack of skirts and heels, maybe from avatar photos?

Another thing about TSs is that we tend to go overboard on the femininity when we do start to transitioning, and dresses/skirts are unquestionably a lot more feminine than jeans.
1982-1985 Teenage Crossdresser!
2015-2017 Middle Aged Crossdresser!  Or...?
April 2017 Electrolysis Time  :icon_yikes:
July 12th, 2017 Started HRT  :icon_chick:
  •  

Roll

It really depends on what you mean by cross dressing. I've seen plenty of guys wearing women's clothing simply as every day clothing, with jeans being the obvious one. Lots of guys wear women's jeans(or I guess did, sort of fell out of style?). More feminine tops not so much, but then a lot of shirts are gender neutral or hard to discern the difference to begin with. By the standard of simply a guy wearing women's clothing, I'd wager jeans and at least neutral tops are more common by a staggering margin. But then of course most of the time, that isn't really considered cross dressing. Which sort of begs the question... is cross dressing only cross dressing when it's blatant? If so, then it would simply be a given that cross dressers are wearing skirts and dresses, as anything less might not quite be recognizable as cross dressing to begin with even if it is technically.

Anyway, it is all academic since it all comes down to self identification in the end.

Quote from: Lucy Ross on January 09, 2018, 09:52:57 PM

Another thing about TSs is that we tend to go overboard on the femininity when we do start to transitioning, and dresses/skirts are unquestionably a lot more feminine than jeans.

While I like the idea of skirts and dresses, I think for me it's more about the leggings starting out. I like my one skirt, but nothing screams feminine more than contour hugging leggings. (Also, for me, I pull the leggings off way better.)

~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

TonyaW

Someone quipped that the way to tell transsexuals from crossdressers is that the TSs are wearing comfortable clothes. 

I heard that one as the difference between a crossdresser and a transsexual is 20 to 30 years.

That would be me. I don't do the skirts and heels everyday, but definitely go with a more feminine look clothes and make up wise.  For me it's about being perceived as female while my body is not yet there.  It's easier for me to dress more "comfortable" i.e., shorts and womens t-shirts etc. and still feel like I'm perceived female in the warmer months. 

In other words, as I said to my wife when she told me that other women don't dress so girly all the time "no one calls you sir when you don't". 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Roll on January 09, 2018, 10:18:00 PM
While I like the idea of skirts and dresses, I think for me it's more about the leggings starting out. I like my one skirt, but nothing screams feminine more than contour hugging leggings. (Also, for me, I pull the leggings off way better.)

Yes. 

And yes leggings are pants. 

And they can be worn with some skirts for  a more casual look.

And they are comfortable.

And they can make your butt look great (not necessarily mine though)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Lexi Nexi

Quote from: Gertrude on January 09, 2018, 08:55:20 PM

I used to consider myself a cross dresser but it was just away for me to write off how I really felt. I could just say "its just a weird fetish" but the more I went on forums the more I realized I wasn't like most of them who had been dressing for 25 years and haven't told their wives of 25 years. That seems like a horrible situation and hope to meet my next partner as a woman not as a man (still not sure if I'm 100% straight I really want to try being with a man as a women and I find guys who are really intelligent attractive much like how women feel). Plus what kind of husband keeps secrets from their wives? Seems cowardly and lying by omission. Dressing up as a girl is fun but I want to look like a girl with no clothes on. That for me is the ultimate goal.
  •  

Sarah_P

Yes, early on I greatly lamented that current fashions (most women not wearing skirts and dresses as often) made it problematic to express my years of suppressed femininity. I still like wearing them, but as I said, generally only when the situation calls for it. Skirts are also darn hard to deal with when getting in and out of cars.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: elkie-t on January 09, 2018, 09:27:13 PM
I don't think it's archaic or inappropriate. I think it defines a very big subset of transgender population. But my vocabulary formed in 20th century, maybe it is a bit outdated for 21st... I don't care really. As my grandma used to say, 'ass is a bad word but each of us has it.' - meaning we sometimes cannot avoid using 'bad' words and there's nothing inherently bad about them if used in the right context.
You chose bad. I said archaic. Like my Co-worker calling a post op trans person a transvestite. Understand changes.

•  

Gertrude

Someone quipped that the way to tell transsexuals from crossdressers is that the TSs are wearing comfortable clothes.  The CDs I've met were are dressed to the nines, no surprise since it was a night on the town for everyone; I don't think I need to meet more of them in person because they fill up hard drives with photos of themselves, which are posted all over the internet.  Maybe there's an odd duck CD out there who is content with just jeans and tops.  I thought I was something along those lines, then figured out that I'm really a TS.  I still can't stand taking pictures of myself, and haven't delved too deeply into my looks; I'm waiting for my body to develop the way it should be.

Anyway, transwomen are, you know, women.  Crossdressers are men temporarily enacting the fantasy of being women - and I mean FANTASY.  Nothing wrong with fantasies, and CDs are wholly enthralled to what they do, same as our dysphorias compel us; I'm not looking down on them by any means.  Some TSs are snappy dressers, glamorous, etc.  Again, the ones I've met in person were all pretty straightforward gals; about the flashiest thing on display were some cute nail jobs.   I don't know where the OP got the idea we were a pack of skirts and heels, maybe from avatar photos?

While I think some people that cross dress are over the top and at time dress inappropriately, I try not to paint with too broad a brush. As someone said here, the difference between a cross dresser and a ts is 20-30 years. I think that's true for many. Our understanding changes and we evolve too.

•  

Katie Ellen

I apologize for using the word "here" in my original post. I'm new to this forum. I've spent many years on others though. I don't know how to see photos here except for avatars or if it's in a post. So my opinion was based on general internet viewing of forums. Not this one.

Katie Ellen
  •