Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jessica's Rose Garden

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 17, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Today worked out great. I finally got the paperwork I needed from my bank to re-register my car, now all my vehicles are registered to Jessica!

On the way home I stopped off to pick up a few groceries. While I was looking at some peaches a lady came over and said 'I saw you walking across the parking lot, I love your dress!' I was wearing the grey one from reply #182.

I am also really starting to like the new powers I gained by transitioning. Earlier in the week I was heading towards a door and noticed a man heading for the same door. In my previous life I would have sped up to get there first, but this time I slowed down. Guess what? The guy opened the door for me! Yep, I'm liking this!

By the way Laurie, I love your new avatar!
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I have not run away, I have just been busy! I took photos at four different softball tournaments over the last two weekends and have over 15,000 photos to go through. Hopefully I will finish before high school softball starts. At one tournament yesterday a woman even asked if I would take photos of her daughter's game. I did not have any other games scheduled, so I photographed one of their games yesterday, and another one today.

I spoke to the high school softball coach last Tuesday. I had told her about my transition a few months ago. She knew 'him' for two years, but she had never met me. I went to one of their practices to say hello. I recognized many of the players, and one of them even knows about me, but none of them seemed to notice. After practice I talked to the coach for about 40 minutes. I told her some of the stories from my transition and had her laughing most of the time. She said she was amazed about how transparent I was being. Whether or not I will be taking photos for the high school is still undetermined. In early August she will have two parent meeting, one for everyone and a second for returning parents. I will be able to talk to the returning parents and answer any questions they may have. I have been taking photos at the school for seven years, so they all know me, or rather they knew 'him'. The parents will basically vote to see if I will be welcome back. At some levels this stinks, but I also do not want to be somewhere I am not welcome. After all if they are uncomfortable with me after all of these years, why would I want to keep spending hundreds of hours taking and editing photos for free? I expect it will be fine, but if not I will take the high road and abide with their decision.

Today my younger daughter called, she is working at her college in New Mexico over the summer. She rarely calls, texts, or sends emails. We talked for about an hour and had a great conversation. Near the end she said something unexpected, she basically asked me to come down and visit her. This brought tears to my eyes. She has become very independent, and she has never requested a visit before. She has accepted and supported my decision, but this goes much deeper. This gives me hope that I will be able to build a new relationship with her.

Yesterday my wife and I went out to eat. On the way inside a woman leaving the restaurant looked at me and said 'I love your dress!' I have already gotten more compliments about my wardrobe than 'he' ever did!

Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Had some fun today! My wife and I did our grocery shopping, we go to the same store at nearly the same time every week. We see the same store greeter almost every time. Today on the way out of the store the greeter stopped us and began talking to my wife:

Greeter: Where is your husband? I haven't seen him lately.
Wife: Right there!

The greeter looked at me and asked: Why are you dressed up?
Me: I am much happier now!

The greeter looked at me again, then gave me a hug. She was still a bit bewildered, but seemed to accept it. I had a hard time not laughing on the way out to the car, it certainly made my day!

One other interesting thing. I mentioned in an earlier post about my electrologist's husband giving her the OK to work on me 'down below'. Well today we started. It was embarrassing for about 10 seconds, then she went to work. So far we did not encounter any areas that were too painful, but there is still a lot of ground to cover.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

My wife and I went to the zoo today. They have some grey wolves, and one recently had pups. We have only seen the wolves once or twice over at least a dozen visits. Today not only did we see one of the wolves, but the pups followed her out of the den! We also saw a few baby meerkats. The coolest part of the visit was that no one appeared to take a second look at me. The more I think about it, the more incredible it seems. I still can't believe what I have done, and every time I look in the mirror I smile.

After lunch and a little shopping (now I have some swimsuits!), it was time to go home and mow the yard. I noticed one of our neighbors outside, she is about the same age as I am. I had not yet officially come out to any of our neighbors. I decided it may as well be today, so I went over and introduced myself. I was concerned because I know they are a religious family and sometimes religion and transitioning does not mix. It went very well. Apparently our neighbor has a relative who transitioned, along with a few others who are gay. I also gave her a copy of my 'friends and neighbors' coming out letter and welcomed her to ask questions. A few hours later her daughter came over with a card which read:

"Just want to say thanks a bunch for your courage coming out. I enjoyed reading your beautiful letter, and am so happy to hear you have your family's support. P.S - Great name!" 

What a beautiful ending to a perfect day.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

Hi Jessica

It was about time you let your neighbor in on the neighborhood news. I am glad it went well for you. Soon you'll be out to everyone and it will no longer matter. You will be you and that is all there is to it. I'll have to make a return visit so I can talk to your better half some more.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica_Rose

I just don't see my neighbors outside often, but I may make the rounds soon and let them know about the new lady living at my house! I consider myself out to everyone, even though some of them never got the memo.

Today I wore one of the dresses my daughter helped pick out for me during my visit to Wisconsin. I was amazed at the person looking back in the mirror. What a cruel thing to have endured for so long, having to hide from everyone. Even another hour of electrolysis 'down under' this afternoon did not affect my smile.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

Wow Jessica, another good picture of you in proper clothing looking happy. Good for you.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Julie -2010

Jessica,

I just found this post.  Love it.  So very happy for you.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Julie -2010

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on June 27, 2018, 10:40:37 PM

Today I wore one of the dresses my daughter helped pick out for me during my visit to Wisconsin. I was amazed at the person looking back in the mirror. What a cruel thing to have endured for so long, having to hide from everyone.

Love the outfit, you look great!!

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I did have an interesting development yesterday. My wife and I will be heading to Murfreesboro, TN to take photos at a 16U National Championship softball tournament during the second week of July. The following week we will be at Ft. Walton Beach, FL taking photos at an 18U National Championship softball tournament. Along the way we will visit relatives near Shreveport, Louisiana. My wife has finally decided that it is time to tell her relatives, and one of them is a sister who lives near Shreveport. We plan to send her a letter within the next day or two explaining my decision to transition. Hopefully she will be accepting and will be open for a visit from her new sister-in-law! Win or lose, I see this as a positive step from my wife. She has finally decided to start moving forward again.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

Congrats on the photo gigs Jessica. OMG I had to look up where that  Walton's beach place was. It almost isn't in Florida ya know? Say goodnight to John Boy for me while you are there.
  You do realize you will be down in the deep south going from Florida to Louisiana. It made me a bit nervous going through there on my road trip. I know the likelihood of you having a problem on your trip is probably pretty darn low but it is a lot higher than in around Denver. You keep your eyes open and be careful Hun.
  I also see Susan's decision as a step in the right direction and she should be given some praise for it. I am sure it wasn't a very easy one for her to take but she is and it is progress. Good going Susan.
  I hope you two have a great trip and all goes well.

Love and hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jessica_Rose

I grew up down there, so I know how some of them feel about people like us. To be honest I had similar feelings at one time in my life. When you grow up in an environment where it is considered normal to discriminate against and disrespect people who are different, it is difficult not to have those same thoughts and feelings. My attitude has gotten quite an adjustment since the day I figured out who I was! I expect there are others on Susan's who have gone through a similar adjustment.

The letters to my wife's brother and sister went out Saturday (30 June). The letter was similar to the coming out letter I used for work. Susan read over the letters before they went in the mail. I included a 4x6 photo. I still don't believe that is me!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

Good luck to you and Susan. Love & Hugs go with you both.

Laurie

•  

KathyLauren

Good luck with the coming-out letters to your family.  That is a gorgeous photo.  You have such a nice smile!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Bari Jo

I agree with the sentiment about the environment you grew up in.  Mine was full of anti trans and anti gay sentiment from others. I knew very young what I was though and fought and had shame because of that environment. It takes a lot of attitude adjustment to accept yourself and others.  I'm glad we are both making piece.  Kudos on the letter and the photo.  Yes, it's hard to believe the person in the photos is really us!

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I had an awesome day! My wife and I drove up to Loveland for a softball tournament. My team only played one game today, but they won! While I was leaving the fields with my camera and stepladder I received a totally unexpected compliment from a complete stranger. He said:

"Excuse me ma'am, are you Dutch? I know a Dutch woman who is tall and beautiful just like you."

I certainly was not looking my best after being in the heat for about two hours, but the comment made me feel simply incredible.

As an added bonus my wife and I met with Debi and Tia for dinner! As far as I am concerned, that was just about as perfect as a day can get.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I am at the tournament in Murfreesboro this week. It is hot and humid. I expected that, but not at 9:00 in the morning! Before arriving I received a text from one of the team moms. They rented a lodge for the players and moms. They had some extra room and invited me and my wife to stay with them! I asked if she was sure, and she said the girls and the moms wanted us there! I can't believe that I am sharing a house with a dozen teenage girls, four moms, and the female coach, no men allowed! I had a hard time not crying when I thought about the situation. Talk about acceptance, I don't think it could get any better!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

My wife and I are now in Florida for the second softball tournament. I have not encountered any issues so far, but I have noticed a few older women and young girls looking at me a bit more closely than usual. There was only one softball game today, so we had some time to visit Navarre Beach. I wore a mesh cover-up to get to a nice spot, but it had to go so my wife could take a few photos! Please be kind, this is the first time I have ever been in public wearing a swimsuit, and I obviously need to work on my tan. It was not that long ago when doing this seemed like an impossible dream. I have awakened from the decades-long nightmare that had been tormenting me, and I am finally living my life. I could not have done this without the support of the many wonderful folks on this site. My deepest thanks to all of you.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on July 16, 2018, 08:40:59 PMThere was only one softball game today, so we had some time to visit Navarre Beach.

Well shucky darn, you're way over there in the panhandle. I was hoping you'd drop by here in central Florida.

You went all out - going directly to the two piece with the bikini top! I had to work up to that. Good on ya - and it looks good on ya!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Anne Blake

Jessica, didn't you understand that you are supposed to be taking baby steps at this point? Here you go jumping from early on to full blown beach babe is just a couple of steps. And looking good doing it, congratulations!

Tia Anne
  •