Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Jessica's Rose Garden

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 17, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Things are starting to get back to normal, other than the four-a-day dilations!

Susan caught something, so she volunteered to sleep in a different bedroom last night in an attempt to avoid sharing it with me. So far I am OK, and she seems to be much better already. Susan had some chicken soup for lunch, and I made omelettes for supper.

I had an electrolysis appointment today, my first since GCS. My electrologist had to stay above my shoulders, but unfortunately she found enough hair to keep herself occupied for the 90 minute session. I forgot to take some ibuprofen before the session, but even work on my upper lip didn't bother me. I guess my pain threshold is a bit higher now. I booked another session for next week.

I also played Ms. Plumber today. A faucet in the master bathroom started leaking about a month ago, but it was a very slow drip so we ignored it. Unfortunately the drips become much frequent, to the point it would keep me up at night (well that and the Flomax). I tried to find a new faucet which matched the old one because our master bath has two sinks, but no luck. My solution was to buy a new faucet for the basement bathroom, and move that faucet up to the master bath. Some of you know how fun it can be to change a water faucet -- cramped quarters, poor lighting, sometimes hard to even get one hand in on the action. I managed to install the new faucet in the basement and swap out the one in the master bath without a single cuss word. Unfortunately I over-stressed a few muscles which had not been used in quite a while, so I'm probably going to be a bit sore tomorrow.

Our younger daughter comes home from college on Friday and will stay for a week or so. Although she knows about the GCS, she does not know about the BA. It will be interesting to see if she notices.

Two days ago we received an early morning call. My dad told us that he did not expect my brother to survive the day. Later that night my dad called again, they were able to stabilize my brother for now. I am hoping he can hold on for another week or two so I will have more time to heal before a 2000 mile road trip to attend his memorial. The nurses at the Meltzer Clinic said it would be OK for me to go. I realize that I don't have to attend, but I think it is my duty to do so.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Laurie

Thanks for the update Jessica. Plumbing problems are frequently a royal pain in the ..... well I'm sure you know. I am glad you got it taken care of though. Are you sure it wasn't a washer or a valve seat?. I'm glad your daughter is coming home to visit you two again. I know your brother is just hanging on and I know how that vigil is to have to endure. It is hard on those that wait, probably harder than is is to the loved one that is slipping away. I've done it a couple times myself. My heart goes out to you, Susan, your dad and the rest of the family. Heal as you need to. I hope you have time to feel well enough to make that trip in relative low discomfort.
  My thoughts are with you and Susan.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Nice to hear things are progressing nicely for you...four a day Dilations it sounds like a lot of time to yourself LOL. Sorry to hear Susan is under the weather hopefully she will be on the mend soon.

It will be interesting to see if your daughter notices your "growth spurt" ...if she is anything like my daughters they are so busy these days that just finding time to say hello you almost have to book an "appointment" LOL

I detest plumbing issues and understand why plumbers get such good money. I always think its simple to fix most things until I have done it 3 times and am no closer to a long term fix...its then I tend to see the value in them LOL But you sound like you did really well.

Thanks for the update

LizK
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica_Rose

@Laurie , it may well just be an o-ring or washer, but I didn't see an easy way into the valve so I decided just to go the replacement route for now. If I feel industrious at some point I may try to take the valve apart and repair it, but at least I won't be forced to listen to a leaky faucet all night long until that day arrives.

I slept really well last night, I only woke up once for a trip to the bathroom. After I went back to sleep I had an interesting dream. For the first time I can remember, in my dream I was a woman. I was kissing and caressing another woman while we were both fully clothed, and I had an orgasm! When I woke up I was in absolutely no pain, all of my discomforts were gone. Although the moment was fleeting and my discomforts soon returned, if that was a glimpse at my future, it is definitely one I am looking forward to!
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

steph2.0

Oh my stars! Y'all are making me all warm and dewy!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Wow! Yes indeed Jessica. An interesting dream. I think we are all blushing a little. It's good to know everything works. As for the plumbing, I'm too beat-up to hange out under a sink anymore. I just call the manager nowadays.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Rayna

I dunno, seems like you've been doing a lot with your plumbing lately  ;D
If so, then why not?
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: RandyL on March 08, 2019, 04:35:14 PM

And with that, @RandyL wins the Internet for today! [emoji1787]

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: RandyL on March 08, 2019, 04:35:14 PM

I must admit that before I started my plumbing work yesterday I was a bit upset. I tried to collect everything I thought I would need, but I couldn't find my favorite plumbing tool! I searched the house and garage, but it was nowhere to be found. I was upset because I had used that tool for most of my life and had been extremely happy with how it performed. I went to town to find a replacement, but no one seemed to have that particular tool. I wound up finding a tool with a completely different configuration, but everyone said it would perform a similar function. I was initially dubious about the claim, but as it turns out the new tool worked amazingly well -- so well that I have already forgotten about my old tool! The only drawback is that the new tool did not come with any instructions. It may take me a while to learn how to use it properly, but I look forward to learning all I can about it!!!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Susan is still not feeling well, so she continues to sleep in a different bedroom. Although she is feeling a little better, she is hoarse and coughing quite a bit.

Last night as I lay in bed I began caressing my breasts, and tears began to flow. I found myself thinking that this is how I always should have been. Life was cruel to put me through decades of hiding and hell, which also affected my family and others around me. Now I am finally comfortable in my own body, and my life can begin to heal.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Emma1017

Wow Jessica I am incredibly happy for you!  Massive hugs, Emma
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I had mentioned my brother several times over the last few months. I just learned his long fight with cancer is over. Carl passed away about an hour ago.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on March 11, 2019, 04:09:46 PM
I had mentioned my brother several times over the last few months. I just learned his long fight with cancer is over. Carl passed away about an hour ago.

My sympathies for your loss. I know you have accepted it and knew it was coming, it doesn't change the realities. I lost a brother and a sister 11 hours apart due to cancer. I still miss them.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

KathyLauren

I am so sorry to hear that, Jessica.  I know it was expected, but that doesn't make it any easier.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Rayna

Jessica, I too am sorry for your loss. Remember the times of love and understanding, however difficult may have been other times. He was family, and that will always be special.
Love Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

steph2.0

Very sorry to hear the sad news Jessica. [emoji22]

Stephanie

•  

Anne Blake

Our sympathies are with you Jessica. Yes, you knew it was coming but that does not negate the pain and loss. We are here for you sister.

Tia & Debi
  •  

Michelle_P

Jessica, please have my condolences.  Losing a family member, no matter how expected the loss is, hurts.  Hold the best of Carl in memory.

I hope you continue to do well, and Susan recovers quickly from her bug.

With love and respect,
Michelle_P
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

LizK

Sorry for your loss. I know you expected this but I can't imagine it makes it any easier.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I thank everyone for offering their condolences.

My brother's funeral is scheduled for Saturday at 1:00pm. Yesterday I told my parents that Susan and I wanted to attend, but there was no way we could make it. They accepted it and did not ask for details -- they don't know about my surgery.

I am at an odd place right now, and I am not referring to laying in bed with an ice pack on my crotch. Except for the passing of my brother, I should be ecstatically happy. I keep thinking 'what could I have done differently'. I have followed all of the post-op instructions, yet my 'W' stitches failed. I had no idea that the long drive home could cause that to happen. Now I have a large, gaping wound that will take weeks (months?) to heal. I have to look at it every time I dilate, I feel it every time I get out of bed, walking is uncomfortable, and sitting can be painful. Even once healed, I don't know what things will look like, and I doubt that it will be what the surgeon intended. I just don't know what to do.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •