Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Jessica's Rose Garden

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 17, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Thanks @Donica . I'm not too concerned about stage two, it is not nearly as intense as the first stage. I will certainly be glad when it is done!

I can't wait for it to warm up a bit more so I can wear this dress. This is what I have always wanted to wear!
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Jessica_Rose

The story I wrote about my GCS experience went live at work this morning. I received several positive notes about it, but the best note was from another employee who was looking into GCS within the next year or so. I provided her more details about my experience with Dr. Ley, and I passed along my personal email address and told her I would gladly answer any questions she may have.

Yesterday I received a bill from the hospital. apparently they want a bit more money. I received great care while I was there and plan to pay them promptly. However, I didn't realize just how expensive my hospital stay was. The total cost for the operating room, anesthesiologist, and hospital stay was just a touch over $129,000!!! No wonder so many people look to Thailand for GCS. I personally don't know anyone who could afford that bill out of pocket. I feel extremely lucky that the vast majority of the bill was covered by insurance.
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

KimOct

Jessica, Over the next few days / weeks I am going to get up to speed on your thread because I really enjoy some of your posts elsewhere.  In the meantime.... just have to say.... love that dress.  :)
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks for the compliments KimOct! Feel free to visit my garden whenever you like, everyone is welcome.

I spent a lifetime not being able to wear what I wanted. For decades I bought women's clothes, tried them on, then stored they away. I spent well over $10k buying clothes that I could never wear. By the time I transitioned I had lost a lot of weight and the majority of the clothes I had bought didn't fit. Now I can finally buy what I like AND wear it. I have decades of jeans, polo shirts, and tennis shoes to make up for.

Thursday I kept feeling like I had to pee, even after I went it felt like I still had to go. Same thing happened Friday. I realized that I may have a UTI, so I sent a note to my PCP (primary care physician). She told me to get a UTI test kit and tell her the results. I bought a kit on Saturday and it confirmed my suspicions. When I mentioned the test results to Susan she said 'Welcome to Womanhood.' Hopefully I will get a prescription Monday.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Susan and I call my parents every Sunday. Usually my Dad greets me as 'Jessica', sometimes he calls me the opposite of daughter. Today, for the first time ever, my Dad greeted me with 'Well hello gal'! It brought a smile to my face, and extra moisture to my eyes. At the start of my journey I was certain he would never want to see me again, sometimes being wrong is a good thing.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica_Rose
Dear Jessica:
How wonderfully affirming to hear that kind of greeting from your Dad....
Plus, your latest picture of you in your new summer dress is indisputably a picture of a beautiful woman.

Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on April 28, 2019, 06:02:05 PM
Susan and I call my parents every Sunday. Usually my Dad greets me as 'Jessica', sometimes he calls me the opposite of daughter. Today, for the first time ever, my Dad greeted me with 'Well hello gal'! It brought a smile to my face, and extra moisture to my eyes. At the start of my journey I was certain he would never want to see me again, sometimes being wrong is a good thing.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Rayna

Hi Jessica,

Finally getting back online after 3 weeks of travel.  You look great in that sun dress.  What a smile!  I'm glad your healing is going well, but sorry about the UTI.  Maybe we'll eventually get some good weather for that dress...
If so, then why not?
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks for the compliments Danielle and Randy!

I visited the clinic at work today, and they sent out a sample to see what caused my UTI. The nurse suggested something with pyridine, usually marketed for 'urinary pain relief'. It works great, no more sudden urge to hit the bathroom every few minutes, but you are only supposed to use it for two days. They also game me a prescription for nitrofurantoin, which will hopefully clear it up. There is another softball tournament this weekend and I don't want to be headed toward the restroom every half hour.

The nurse I saw was great. She treated me as a woman throughout the appointment, it probably helps that my records show my gender as 'female'. It was only when we reviewed my list of medications that I mentioned I was transgender and recently had GCS. Even after that she continued to treat me as the woman I am. I realize I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. It wasn't that long ago that I thought this was an impossible dream, yet here I am. I still can't believe it. Yes, I'm crying now...

Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica_Rose
Dear Jessica:
Thank you for sharing your wonderfully affirming story of your medical clinic visit and how the nurse handled your transgender status.   

Yes, you are a woman, and a classy and beautiful woman for sure.   Again, I love your latest picture in your new summer dress.  :) :) :)   I am happy to see it as your new Avatar photo!!! ;)

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I took another step today. I live in Colorado, but I was born in Texas. In mid-March I spoke to a lawyer in Texas about getting a new birth certificate, a task she has done for others. She discussed the process with me, then mentioned I may be able to do it myself through the Colorado court system. It seems I always have something going on, and I just don't know when I would find time to get it done. Today I sent a note to the lawyer asking if she would accept me as a client and help me get a new birth certificate. She sent me a questionnaire asking for some identification information, hopefully that means she will take me on as a client.

We are also re-financing our house. We will drop the interest rate a bit, but the more important part is that the loan will have my current name on it. I contacted the original loan company months ago and sent them all of the documentation they requested, but I never received a response. We close on Monday.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

First I need to thank @Alaskan Danielle for the beautiful compliment!

I have been pretty busy lately. Last Thursday (2 May) we had some guests over for supper, Bill and Barb. They are an older couple who have lived across the street from us for about three years. On occasion I have cleared the snow from their driveway and sidewalk, but I never got to actually meet them. They arrived at 6:00pm with a dessert. We chatted for a few minutes then sat down for supper. After supper we talked until around 8:00pm. It was a very pleasant evening. They always got my name and pronouns right and never asked anything about my transition, I expect they would consider that being nosy. Hopefully we will have them over again sometime.

Saturday and Sunday was consumed by a softball tournament in Arvada (a Denver suburb). The Saturday 'pool' games are used to determine the seeding for the tournament games on Sunday. For the first time I can remember, all four teams in our pool went 1-1-1. We wound up being seeded as a #4 team, which meant an 8:00am game against a #1 team. Our team was ready to play on Sunday, one young lady on the team hit five home runs! They played extremely well and won the tournament! I took around 8000 photos those two days, so now I have some work to do. I also put a new battery in my 1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe, our daughter Kimberly is coming home from college and wants to drive it a bit. The car has not been started in about three years!

Monday was quite eventful. First I found out my UTI was not what I expected. Apparently it is being caused by a bacteria called pseudomonas, which is usually associated with the long term use of a catheter. My PCP believes it was a complication from the surgery in February. Hopefully my prescription for cipro will take care of it quickly. Next a notary came to our house to close on our new home loan. We were able to drop the interest rate and duration, but more importantly the new loan and title will have my name on them. I was asked to sign my dead name on one document, hopefully that will be the last time. We tried updating the original loan with my current name, but even after sending the requested documents and calling them my request was ignored. Later that afternoon, after a 90 minute electrolysis session, we decided to try starting the Monte Carlo. It took about twenty minutes and dozens of attempts, but eventually it fired up. I love the rumble of that V8 engine!

Today I called our County Sheriff about updating my concealed carry permit. I explained the situation, and the lady I spoke to was very courteous. She said she had never encountered this situation before, and she would contact the CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) to find out what paperwork I will need to provide. She also set up an appointment for me to visit the Sheriff's office on 24 May to get a new permit. I asked about the fee, and she said there was no fee for the changes I would need.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

steph2.0

Nice update, Jessica! Except for the health issue, it sounds like life is just... life. It's all we really want, right? Your neighbors sound awesome. Apparently they knew "him," so the way they treat you shows that they are high-class people.

I never had a concealed carry permit, so I didn't have to change one. Instead, when the opportunity came up to take a class for free with my Bestie, I grabbed it. I have the certificate, but now I have to go to the Florida Department of Agriculture to get the paperwork done and the permit issued. I don't really need it - I only own rifles right now, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to have it if I do decide to carry some day.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Dena

If a car hasn't been driven in 3 years, you're probably going to have to drain the fuel system. Gas tends to be good for about 6 months of storage and then it can go bad several ways. The worst is if it lacquers and plugs up your fuel filter. We  just went through this with Christine78's car and the fuel came out really nasty. In addition, she had to replace the in tank fuel pump but we aren't sure what took it out.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Yes Steph, life is slowly returning to normal, and as hoped not the 'normal' that is used to be. I forgot to mention meeting Gina and Carl at the tournament. They are the parents of a player who recently joined the team. I had met them about two years ago, before transitioning, and they remembered me. Gina and I talked for quite a while, one conversation even continued as we walked into the restroom and took care of business! Gina finished first and waited for me outside the restroom. After the tournament Carl talked to me for about 20 minutes, mainly about cameras and photography. Everyone I talked to at the tournament treated me as the woman I am. No dead-naming or pronoun issues.

I did get off a good one-liner with one of the parents at the tournament. She asked if my transition had been hard on Susan, I touched her shoulder gently and said "well it's not hard anymore!"

I heard back from the Sheriff's Office, all I need to bring is my current driver's license and a copy of the court order for my name change. I can count on one hand the number of times 'he' carried a handgun, but I do feel a bit more vulnerable now and more of a target. Unfortunately there are people out there who want to do us harm just because of who we are. I expect I still won't carry a firearm often, but knowing I can do so legally makes me feel better.

I have heard that gasoline can go 'bad' after six months or so. During our attempts start the car I had Kimberly open the gas cap, and apparently quite a vacuum had formed inside the tank. Maybe the vacuum helped keep the gasoline fresher? The car cranked easily again today, and Kimberly drove it to a nearby shop to get an oil change. So far it has been cooperating, but I will watch and listen closely to see if any issues develop.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Dena

Part of the modern pollution control system puts a vacuum on the fuel tank so the fumes don't escape into the air. If the engine attempted to run, that may have been enough to pull the vacuum. This is also why part of the pollution inspection includes checking the seal on the filler cap.

I don't know of anything that would freshen the fuel and the best thing to do is drain the tank, rinse it out with a small amount to fresh fuel then refill it with fresh fuel. I had to do this at work with a three wheeler that hadn't been used in a long time. Fortunately the tank was small making it less of a problem disposing of the old fuel.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I may try to siphon out some of the old fuel, but I don't know how I could dispose of it safely...

The important news first. Today I had some sutures removed, no more cactoris!!! The doctor only had to scrape me off the ceiling three times. I didn't feel most of the sutures, but those last three were excruciating! Eeeek! It still occasionally feels like someone is stabbing my clitoris with a needle, but I expect that will subside after a few days. My doctor said everything looked fine.

Last Saturday was a softball cookout, which included a game pitting the parents against the team. For some reason the parents always seem to win -- let's just say the officiating was a bit loose. Everyone was laughing and having a great time. Saturday afternoon I heard back from the attorney in Texas. She sent me an employment contract and a court petition to get my new birth certificate!

Sunday, with Susan's permission, I went on a photo shoot with Danielle, my #1 fan. She wanted me to take some photos of her son and daughter for Mother's Day. We went to a local park and while Danielle directed the poses, I took photos. Today I mailed her a flash drive so they can look through the photos and let me know which ones they would like me to work on.

Today, after my cactoris pruning, I returned the legal contract with payment and a notarized copy of the court petition.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

On 15 May (Wednesday) after work, Susan and I headed down to Louisiana to visit some of our relatives. The trip down was uneventful. We spent the night in Amarillo and arrived Thursday afternoon in time to pick up supper for my parents.

Friday we visited my brother's grave. The marker had been installed earlier in the week, and I must admit is was surreal to see his name marking a burial site. We were not really close, but knowing his once vibrant life is at an end did have an effect on me. My parents seem to be doing well, but I know they think of Carl every day.

The weekend was nice. Temperatures in the mid-80's allowed me to wear that sundress I always wanted to wear (see post #640)! My sister-in-law thought it was a bit short, but she agreed that I could get away with it -- after all I'm only 15 months old! She also mentioned that my chest remodel looked really nice and was proportional, she had been concerned that I may have gone for the Dolly Parton look. Saturday evening Susan and I had supper with my remaining brother and his family. Gene and his family have all accepted me without reservation. During supper they broke some news -- their youngest daughter had officially become engaged! They have not set a date yet, but they are planning the wedding for March or April of next year. Of course there had to be some bad news. Just as we were leaving the restaurant to head home our daughter Kimberly called from New Mexico. It seems while her and her roommates were gone someone had broken in. They stole all of her roommates jewelry and several of Kimberly's rings, along with two PS3 controllers and one game. She is hopeful the rings will turn up. She wears a size 3.5 ring which is not very common, and the town she lives in is pretty small. They have replaced all of the locks and a portable alarm system is on the way.

We left for home after lunch on Sunday, once again spending the night in Amarillo. We had supper at an IHOP, and the waitress remembered us from our previous visit in early February. I asked her what made us memorable, and she said it was my soft, sweet voice! Yes, she got a big tip for that! We left Monday morning, and unfortunately the weather was not very kind. We started the day driving through a thunderstorm with heavy rain and sporadic hail. After an hour or so we got out of the heavy stuff and were driving in light rain. A little while after crossing into New Mexico we hit heavy fog for about 45 minutes, then finally some sun as we neared the Colorado border. After an hour of really nice weather we encountered more rain, which turned into snow as we reached Colorado Springs. Monday night into Tuesday we received over 6 inches of snow!

The only other newsworthy item happened today, an appointment with the Sheriff's Office to update my concealed carry permit. I worked with three different ladies, and all of them were awesome! The only painful part was adding my dead name to one of the forms. I was surprised they printed out my new permit on the spot, complete with new name and photo! The entire visit only took about 15 minutes, and there was no charge.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

A beautiful young lady on her way down to Scottsdale stopped by for a short visit today, so Susan and I met her for lunch. We talked for well over an hour, and she showed us a few photos of a recent trip she and Debi took to Europe. Tia had to hit the road too soon, but it is always nice to visit with family.

Tia and Jessica

Tia and Susan

Tia and Rose
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on May 25, 2019, 08:06:40 PM
A beautiful young lady on her way down to Scottsdale stopped by for a short visit today, so Susan and I met her for lunch. We talked for well over an hour, and she showed us a few photos of a recent trip she and Debi took to Europe. Tia had to hit the road too soon, but it is always nice to visit with family.

Tia and Jessica

Tia and Susan

Tia and Rose

Love to you all!!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jessica_Rose

As many of you have already noticed, nearly four years of posts have been lost (late May 2019 - 1 Jan 2023). The site staff is working diligently to get things back to normal, so please be patient. Susan posted about the issue here: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246809.msg2258972.html#msg2258972

Luckily, I made occasional backups of my posts using 'cut and paste'. I am going to rebuild my blog here on Susan's Place, and I will continue my support of this site.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •